Windows 10: After draining battery, W10 gives you 2 hour login penalty.

Discus and support After draining battery, W10 gives you 2 hour login penalty. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A friend of mine has been having some problems logging into his laptop computer after a complete power discharge event. Here is what he said over... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by idigweeds, Jan 23, 2020.

1. idigweeds Win User

After draining battery, W10 gives you 2 hour login penalty.

A friend of mine has been having some problems logging into his laptop computer after a complete power discharge event. Here is what he said over several emails my responses not included:

"When the battery runs totally out of power on my Asus, upon using the power cord to charge it and attempting to get back to my home screen the screen says my password will not work for two hours. Is there a way around this?"

"Yes. On Labor Day weekend 2019 I had almost run out of power and received the warning from Microsoft. I think it was a 10 minute warning. Me and myAsus proceeded to the bedroom but I had failed to plug in the converter. Some hours later the 2 hour warning halted any plans for my surfing until later."

"Everything is working just fine now. After running out of power, the very first time I had put in my code, I was locked out for two hours. The way the warning read, was that I attempted too many times even though that had been the only time. The other occurances had been the same."

"Well, it happened once again. This time it was merely a 10 minute warning and then I plugged in the converter and after about 70 minutes of charge I attempted to log in again and there was the infamous two hour warning."

Letting your battery run out should not entail a 2 hour penalty. What is causing this problem and how can it be cured?

:)

idigweeds, Jan 23, 2020
  2. superjose Win User

Failing battery or draining issues?

Bang! Problem solved! I also posted this in Neowin: Do I have a failing battery? Or is a program draining the heck out of it? - Surface Pro 3 - Hardware Hangout - Neowin Forums

I was suggested to reinstall the drivers. Device Manager didn't expressed any anomalies, but reinstalling the drivers yielded outstanding results. The device now lasted 4 hours and 23 minutes. The last hour and 23 minute was with the device playing music in Media Player Classic with the display always-on at 100% brightness and the volume 80%.

Thanks for everything *Biggrin *Biggrin *Biggrin

superjose, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Keager Win User
    Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Jan 23, 2020
  4. thesaint Win User

Battery drain

Windows 10 is draining all my battery.
    I used to have 2.5hours standby on windows 8.1.
    I can barely go through an hour on windows 10.

thesaint, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. After draining battery, W10 gives you 2 hour login penalty. - Similar Threads - draining battery W10

2. battery drain

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    battery drain: I have this lenovo Yoga Pro 14s and I am facing some issues with its power. it drains battery when shut down. if i charge it full and then dont use it for two days, it will show me no power left even though i didnt use it and it wasnt in sleep mode. it has windows 10. i tried...
  3. Battery draining after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining after shutdown: My laptop asus Rog strix g17, I'm having problem with battery it's draining after shutdown for 10 hrs it's draining 15-20%,in battery report it's showing connected by, i tried disabling fast boot and did regedit power settings too, can't resolve this issue...
  4. Battery draining after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery draining after shutdown: My laptop asus Rog strix g17, I'm having problem with battery it's draining after shutdown for 10 hrs it's draining 15-20%,in battery report it's showing connected by, i tried disabling fast boot and did regedit power settings too, can't resolve this issue...
  5. Battery drains after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drains after shutdown.: I have a brand new Asus E210ma with Windows 11 S. I have shut down completely, but the battery went from 65% down to 35% overnight. It has done that the few nights I've had it.Help! I love the size but this is driving me crazy. I am not using the standby and wish it had...
  6. Battery drains after shutdown.

Battery drains after shutdown.: I have a brand new Asus E210ma with Windows 11 S. I have shut down completely, but the battery went from 65% down to 35% overnight. It has done that the few nights I've had it.Help! I love the size but this is driving me crazy. I am not using the standby and wish it had...
  7. Battery Drain

Battery Drain: Yesterday I installed windows 11 but its battery drains too fast than windows 10. On windows 10 battery backup is for 6 to 7 hrs but on window 11 it becomes 50 % within a hour. In battery usage app I found "Windows explore" consumes 64% of battery in 15 min.This is the...
  8. Battery drain after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery drain after shutdown: HP OMEN 15 0023-AMD 7 / newish / all software/FW updated. Battery drains 8% a day after shutdown. There is no csenabled item in regedit!!!!!! Did all the normal stuff like /S shutdown and turned off any fast boot items I could find. Made all functions shut down and not...
  9. Draining Battery

Draining Battery: My battery drains very fast. The battery can go from 100 to 0 in only a few hours, or probably less. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/draining-battery/3dabdac4-e436-46a9-a824-3dfac9412e9b
  10. Battery drains

Battery drains: My Asus laptop has a problem where randomly the battery will fall from around 20% dramtically leaving me about 15 seconds each time before it reaches 0%, I thought this was a battery issue but upon buying a new battery I realised it must be a software issue as the issue...