Windows 10: After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.

Discus and support After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I recently tried updating my graphics driver. When I went to restart, it automatically boots me into the "choose your keyboard screen". Once that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Duncan Hauser, Dec 9, 2022.

1. After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.

So, I recently tried updating my graphics driver. When I went to restart, it automatically boots me into the "choose your keyboard screen". Once that is selected, it takes me to "Choose an Option" and the only two options are "Troubleshoot" or "Turn off your PC". When I go to Troubleshoot, I get the following six options.-Startup Repair-Command Prompt-Uninstall Updates-UEFI Firmware Settings-System Restore-System Recovery ImageStartup repair doesn't work.Command prompt will not load safe mode and yes I have tried the trick of shutting down 3 times to force safe mode and it doesn't workUninst

:)

Duncan Hauser, Dec 9, 2022

2. Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options

Hello @DSerious,

You should be able to use one of the options in the Tutorial below to start Windows back in Normal Mode [ You might have already seen this and tried it! ] . . .

> How to Start Windows 10 into Safe Mode or Normal Mode

Another option might be to Boot into a Win PE USB and connect to the Internet if you think that might fix it.

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, Dec 9, 2022
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Dec 9, 2022
  4. DSerious Win User

After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.

Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options

Hi,

Please can you help. I am completely locked out of my PC.

I wanted to turn fast boot on my bios so I selected to put the Windows 10 into Safe Mode after changing the Bios settings.

Now I am stuck on Safe Mode login screen as I do not know my password.

From the Advanced Options screen, I have selected Startup Settings, to try to Enable Safe Mode with Networking, but the USB keyboard won't work in Startup Settings, I have tried every USB port on my PC, but it doesn't work. (Other people have had this issue). The annoying thing is that the keyboard does work on the safe mode login screen but not in Start Up Settings. I have also tried wireless keyboards which also don't work in Start Up Settings, but also do work in the login screen.

I have changed my Windows password on my phone but because I'm not connected to the network (even though I have an ethernet cable plugged into my PC and modem) it says my password is wrong.

From the Advanced Options screen, I have even tried resetting the PC but that requires a password.

So now I can't get into Windows and I can't get into Bios.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thank you.

DSerious, Dec 9, 2022
Thema:

After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.

1. After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen. - Similar Threads - driver install cannot

2. After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.: So, I recently tried updating my graphics driver. When I went to restart, it automatically boots me into the "choose your keyboard screen". Once that is selected, it takes me to "Choose an Option" and the only two options are "Troubleshoot" or "Turn off your PC". When I go to...
  3. After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After driver install cannot launch safe mode stuck on option screen.: So, I recently tried updating my graphics driver. When I went to restart, it automatically boots me into the "choose your keyboard screen". Once that is selected, it takes me to "Choose an Option" and the only two options are "Troubleshoot" or "Turn off your PC". When I go to...
  4. Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options: Hi, Please can you help. I am completely locked out of my PC. I wanted to turn fast boot on my bios so I selected to put the Windows 10 into Safe Mode after changing the Bios settings. Now I am stuck on Safe Mode login screen as I do not know my password. From the...
  5. Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode: Long story short I am where I would put my password to login on safe mode but every password I've tried won't let me login and I don't know what to do. Please help submitted by /u/TOOCH447 [link] [comments]...
  6. stuck in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    stuck in safe mode: I booted into Windows 10 Safe Mode. When I try to log in, “password is incorrect.” I reset my password on Microsoft so I know my password. I typed in the correct password, “password is incorrect.” I used SHIFT + Restart to access Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking and...
  7. Stuck on lock screen in safe mode

Stuck on lock screen in safe mode: Hello, I'm Maricruz Covarrubias and I can't get out the lock screen in safe mode with my password. I tried that method where you hold the shift key and clicked on restart in power button menu and go to the troubleshooting section and clicked restart again where it gives you...
  8. Stuck in safe mode after recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in safe mode after recovery: I did a system recovery on my PC and after it reboots to complete the recovery it tells me I'm in safe mode, so I go the advanced boot settings to disable the safe mode thru the command prompt and it's asking for an administrator password, I haven't logged in anything yet so...
  9. Stuck in Safe Mode. Out of options

Stuck in Safe Mode. Out of options: Recently I’ve started having problems with my laptop seemingly out of nowhere. Constant freezing and just generally slow. I have bitdefender so I did a full scan and no viruses were found. I did a disk cleaning. Still slow and freezing. I tried to do disk defragment and it...
  10. After update, stuck in undoing last update loop and cannot launch in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After update, stuck in undoing last update loop and cannot launch in safe mode: Hello, I recently had a windows update and it needed to restart, I restarted and went to dinner. When I got back from dinner, I am stuck in a undoing last update loop and am unable to launch in safe mode. How am I able to fix this? This is my only PC so I am pretty limited...