Windows 10: After each new Insider build , UK language automaticaly added

Discus and support After each new Insider build , UK language automaticaly added in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, my name is Yiannis and am an Windows Insider. . Every time I get a new windows version from Fast Ring, am getting added the "English (United... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YiannisS, Jul 11, 2019.

1. YiannisS Win User

After each new Insider build , UK language automaticaly added

Hello, my name is Yiannis and am an Windows Insider. .

Every time I get a new windows version from Fast Ring, am getting added the "English (United Kingdom)" keyboard language.

UK language is there on my task bar, but not listed on the "Language Preferences". In order to remove it, I should manually add it, and then remove it again

"Get Help" chat reference number:1477235346

Is there anyone else that have the same problems?

:)

YiannisS, Jul 11, 2019

2. Language Inconsistencies

Hi Baldguy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check the language and speech settings in Cortana.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.
    • Click on Time and language and select
      region and language.
    • Under Language option, check which language is Set as default.
    • If you find different language, you can change it by clicking on Add a language option.
    • Select your preferred language (English UK) and click on
      Set as default under English UK language.
    • Now, click on English UK and click on
      Options.
    • Download the language, handwriting and speech packs.
    • Now, click on Speech from the Time and language settings menu.
    • Check if you are able to select the speech settings to English UK.
    10. After performing above steps, check if you are able to use Cortana.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

How to enable Cortana in Build 10041 in Chinese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, or English (UK)

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jul 11, 2019
  3. No Longer able to receive new Insider Builds on Fast Ring

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You may face this issue due to several reasons. I would suggest you to follow the steps and check

• To continue receiving Insider flights, you need to be on an activated copy of Win10. Please ensure your Win10 build 10240 is activated.

Settings > Update & security > Activation
    • Are you registered to receive flights? You can do so in the following location: Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Advanced settings
    • Are you set to the Insider Fast ring? You can do so in the following location: Settings > Update & security > Windows Update > Advanced settings> choose how you get Insider builds. It will take some time to receive an Insider build after changing the settings.
    • When did you opt in for receiving Insider builds? If you've done so in the past few days, you need to know about Compatibility Advisor. After you register your PC to receive Insider builds, this advisor is what provides the basic information about your
      OS and machine. Language, locale, OS type (Home/Pro/Enterprise) and processor architecture (x86 or x64). This is to ensure that we send you the correct version of the OS when we deliver updates to you. Once you opt in to receive Insider builds, it can take
      up to 48 hours for this event to run. Until that happens, the PC in question will not be offered any Insider OS updates.
    • Did you do a clean install of the OS recently? If so, did you opt back in for Insider builds? Clean installs will remove the Insider configurations on your PC. You'll need to opt back in to receive new Insider builds. Once you do that, the bullet point
      above regarding Compatibility Advisor will also apply.
    • Reboot your machine and check for updates again

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Adalwar Win User

Problem with input languages (changing)

I did understand your Point, that UK is appearing and it should not and you have no means to "delete/remove it".
    So, the conclusion is that something is mismatch on your system.
    There is a bad entry in System and you have to correct it.
    Lets go step-by-step, to see if system override the bad entry.
    You have 2 Screen Languages installed. Go to each of the Languages, in Control Panel, choice "Options" and make sure there is no UK Keyb there.
    If you do not see any UK Keyb, then move your GR Language UP and remove the US Language. (I assume you can read GR Display Language)
    If system does not allow to remove US language, then go to "Override Display Language...." and choice "Use List". Change also the settings for "Welcome Screen,NEw Account,...." and copy the settings (it means to put GR as default).
    Reboot
    Now, go again to that Control Panel to the option "Override for Windows Display" in Advanced Settings and see which languages are available there. It should be Present GR and one more Language , probably UK, and this one is your Native OS Language.

Please tell me what are your needs in terms of DISPLAY Language (for Menus and so on), if you need GR and EN, or only GR or only EN. And which Keyb you need, US rather UK (I do not know which is the difference) and GR.

Adalwar, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

1. After each new Insider build , UK language automaticaly added - Similar Threads - each Insider build

2. My windows 11 keeps adding English UK to my keyboard layouts after each restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 keeps adding English UK to my keyboard layouts after each restart: https://imgur.com/a/noI8QeKWhat am I missing here? As you can see clearly from the pictures every single place that controls language input has no English UK showing, yet my keyboard layout has it as an option every time I restart. The only temporary fix I have is install...
  3. My windows 11 keeps adding English UK to my keyboard layouts after each restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 keeps adding English UK to my keyboard layouts after each restart: https://imgur.com/a/noI8QeKWhat am I missing here? As you can see clearly from the pictures every single place that controls language input has no English UK showing, yet my keyboard layout has it as an option every time I restart. The only temporary fix I have is install...
  4. Windows keeps adding new languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps adding new languages: HiWindows keeps ADDING ADDITIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGES. Every time I go and delete them all but the come right back to language select. How to remove them permanently? This has been as issue since 2018! :...
  5. Windows keeps adding new languages

Windows keeps adding new languages: HiWindows keeps ADDING ADDITIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGES. Every time I go and delete them all but the come right back to language select. How to remove them permanently? This has been as issue since 2018! :...
  6. Adding new language to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding new language to Windows: Start > Settings > Time & language > Language & region.How does a language get included into the Language & Region?I wanted to include a new language called "Pahauh" into the Language & Region so users can choose to install it and use the appropriate characters, but I'm now...
  7. Adding new language to Windows

Adding new language to Windows: Start > Settings > Time & language > Language & region.How does a language get included into the Language & Region?I wanted to include a new language called "Pahauh" into the Language & Region so users can choose to install it and use the appropriate characters, but I'm now...
  8. Display Language feature is not available in adding new language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Language feature is not available in adding new language: Chinese is display language of my windows 10accidentally set, i don't know this language. Now, i want to change it to English. When i try to add new language their is three feature available Text to speech Speech recognition Handwriting i don't find the feature display...
  9. UK language

in Windows 10 Customization
    UK language: Where is the UK language file? I want to destroy it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uk-language/c49a7c20-daea-472a-94e9-d78e73a126e5
  10. Keyboard language - UK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard language - UK: Hi, following a Windows update that I completed last week the keyboard on my laptop has changed, in so much as the special characters. For example on my UK keyboard on the number 3 I have the symbol for our British currency but if I push the shift key and the number 3 I now...