Windows 10: After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never"

Discus and support After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time I restart my computer (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), the setting under Power & Sleep -> Screen which controls the length of time before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paige Miller, Dec 19, 2016.

1. After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never"

Every time I restart my computer (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), the setting under Power & Sleep -> Screen which controls the length of time before the screen blacks out is reset to "Never" *Mad. I don't want Windows to do this. I want this setting to stay at 10 minutes. How can I change this so that it remains at 10 minutes after a re-start?

:)

Paige Miller, Dec 19, 2016
  2. TomLokey Win User

Screen Timeout Resets to 15 Minutes With Each Startup

Within the last week, screen timeout has started to automatically reset to 15 minutes each time I restart my laptop. I reset it to never timeout, and that's fine until I restart the computer the next day. I've run SCF/Scannow and even set up a new power
    plan (which also resets to the previous plan). I've reset the timeout in both the Lock Screen/Screen Timeout and the Control Panel Power Options locations, but the problem persists.

Solution?

TomLokey, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Windows Phone Lock Screen

HI

if you are using windows10, NEVER option is available

villager44, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Win10Pro Win User

After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never"

Try to enter Advanced Settings below your Power options plan and change the Screen setting. I guess it has a higher priority, if you like, to set the correct time.

Win10Pro, Dec 20, 2016
  5. That was a good thought, but it didn't fix the problem. *Mad

Paige Miller, Dec 20, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Check also screen saver settings. could be just blank screen saver picture.

CountMike, Dec 20, 2016
  7. Win10Pro Win User
    Maybe you'll find any hints under this link.

I've just read on a local, Polish, forum a suggestion to check ALL the programs running in the background to see if any of them is not a culprit. In other words: maybe one of the settings of an X application is set to: Reset screen timeout to Never after Windows reboots

I know it sounds crazy but I would add to that list ALL the periferals. If everything fails I start by eliminating even the most improbable options.

Have you tried to:
    1. boot your PC in Safe Mode?
    2. check BIOS settings?
    3. turn (temporarily or for good) off Fast Startup? - on some machines it's not working correctly

Win10Pro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never"

1. After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never" - Similar Threads - each restart Screen

2. Black screen and never ending loadings screens after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen and never ending loadings screens after factory reset: So I recently had the first problem after I downloaded a windows update and a Nvidia driver update. After I restarted it, it gave me a black screen with a cursor, no access to explorer or normale windows accessories. All i could do was to open task manager and navigate by...
  3. Black screen and never ending loadings screens after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and never ending loadings screens after factory reset: So I recently had the first problem after I downloaded a windows update and a Nvidia driver update. After I restarted it, it gave me a black screen with a cursor, no access to explorer or normale windows accessories. All i could do was to open task manager and navigate by...
  4. Black screen and never ending loadings screens after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Require Password after Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Require Password after Screen Timeout: Quite simply, is it possible to change my Windows 10 settings to require a password after the screen turns off?Power & Sleep settings allow you to set a timer for when your screen turns off and when your computer goes to sleep. When my computer goes to sleep, I have to enter...
  6. Require Password after Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Password after Screen Timeout: Quite simply, is it possible to change my Windows 10 settings to require a password after the screen turns off?Power & Sleep settings allow you to set a timer for when your screen turns off and when your computer goes to sleep. When my computer goes to sleep, I have to enter...
  7. Require Password after Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Screen not turning on after a screen timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen not turning on after a screen timeout: So in my laptop, in the power and sleep settings, I have set the screen to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. Quite a number of times I have faced this situation where the screen does not turn back on when I hit any keys on the keyboard. After a long wait, I have to...
  9. Account Resets after each PC restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Account Resets after each PC restart: I restarted my computer a few weeks ago and after the update my account was wiped. Only apps left on my desktop were Steam, Norton, Microsoft Edge, and Google Chrome. I assumed it was a one time thing and just reinstalled everything and moved on. Fast forward to a few days...
  10. Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Settings Reset After Each Restart: Hello, I have a really weird setup of 3 sets of speakers for essentially 6.2 surround sound... and it works great and all, using the Realtek drivers to remap the line in port to side out, however upon every restart, my settings switch back to stereo and lowest sample rate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows resolution resets after screen timeout