Windows 10: After enabling Mobile hotspot, can't access internet from the hosted Laptop

Discus and support After enabling Mobile hotspot, can't access internet from the hosted Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I'm experiencing the following issue with my Win 10 installation : After enabling the Mobile hotspot, from the hosted computer I can't access the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Uma Prashad bhattacharyya, Jun 26, 2022.

1. After enabling Mobile hotspot, can't access internet from the hosted Laptop

Hi,I'm experiencing the following issue with my Win 10 installation : After enabling the Mobile hotspot, from the hosted computer I can't access the internet except youtube . Moreover, many a time other devices failed to connect to the mobile hotspot to fix the issue I have to restart the laptop. In addition, whenever I try to open " Network & Internet Settings" from the taskbar, it shows the app and then terminates immediately. Is there anybody to help me fix the issue? The details regarding OS : Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.1766] Thank you.

:)

Uma Prashad bhattacharyya, Jun 26, 2022
  2. Joe Men Win User

Enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on Lumia 950

Hello,
    Christene

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you want to enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your Lumia 950.

To enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone, please follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Tap on Network & wireless.
    3. Tap Mobile hotspot.
    4. Tap on the On/Off slider to enable the Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Can't Set Up Mobile Hotspot

Hi Animesh_Bhardwaj.

First of all try to restart the PC and try again. Otherwise, follow this procedure: Go to network connections, access the properties of the network adapter connected to the internet> Sharing tab, enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) and confirm by
    pressing OK. Skip this step if ICS is already enabled.) Return to the Sharing tab and disable ICS and confirm by pressing OK.
    Enable the mobile hotspot from the Settings panel and try again.

Note: when using the mobile hotspot, the checkboxes on the Sharing tab must remain unchecked, otherwise the mobile hotspot will not work.

Note: The Netsh commands that you have suggested are not valid for the Mobile Hotspot, those commands are used for the Hosted Network which is a feature other than the integrated Windows Mobile Hotspot.

franco d'esaro, Jun 26, 2022
  4. After enabling Mobile hotspot, can't access internet from the hosted Laptop

mobile hotspot connected no internet access

Hi barathraj1,

Try to restore the network: Settings> Network and Internet> Status, click on Reset network on the side and follow the instructions.Otherwise try to enable / disable ICS: Go to Network Connections, access the properties of the network adapter connected to
    the internet> Sharing tab, enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) then confirm by pressing OK (skip this step if ICS is already enabled). Return to the Sharing tab, disable ICS and confirm by pressing OK.Go to Settings> Network and Internet, enable the Mobile
    Hotspot and try again.

Note: When using the Windows 10 Integrated Mobile Hotspot feature, the check boxes on the Sharing tab must remain cleared otherwise the mobile hotspot will not work.

If the problem persists, try temporarily uninstalling any third party Firewall / Antivirus or VPN software and try again.

franco d'esaro, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

After enabling Mobile hotspot, can't access internet from the hosted Laptop

1. After enabling Mobile hotspot, can't access internet from the hosted Laptop - Similar Threads - enabling Mobile hotspot

2. No internet on laptop after turning on the mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet on laptop after turning on the mobile hotspot.: I am using Windows 11, and unable to use internet on my laptop, when I turn of Mobile hotspot.When it's off, the internet is working just fine, everything loads, etc. but when I turn it on and connect a device to it, on the device the internet is working but on the laptop...
  3. No internet on laptop after turning on the mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet on laptop after turning on the mobile hotspot.: I am using Windows 11, and unable to use internet on my laptop, when I turn of Mobile hotspot.When it's off, the internet is working just fine, everything loads, etc. but when I turn it on and connect a device to it, on the device the internet is working but on the laptop...
  4. After enabling Mobile hotspot, can't access internet from the hosted Laptop

After enabling Mobile hotspot, can't access internet from the hosted Laptop: Hi,I'm experiencing the following issue with my Win 10 installation : After enabling the Mobile hotspot, from the hosted computer I can't access the internet except youtube . Moreover, many a time other devices failed to connect to the mobile hotspot to fix the issue I have...
  5. No internet access for Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet access for Mobile Hotspot: About a week ago i had an issue where when i turned on my pcs mobile hotspot it would say no Internet access, after 6 hours with Microsoft tech support the fixed it... only for it to come again as soon as i did a windows update.this is what happens when i turn on my mobile...
  6. No internet access for Mobile Hotspot

No internet access for Mobile Hotspot: About a week ago i had an issue where when i turned on my pcs mobile hotspot it would say no Internet access, after 6 hours with Microsoft tech support the fixed it... only for it to come again as soon as i did a windows update.this is what happens when i turn on my mobile...
  7. no internet access from laptops mobile hotspot.

no internet access from laptops mobile hotspot.: i recently purchased a new phonerealme gt neo 2 but when i try to use my college wifi from connecting it to laptop and then sharing it with hotspot to connect to my phone it shows no internet in phone. other phones are able to connect to my laptop hotspot and get internet and...
  8. no internet access from laptops mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no internet access from laptops mobile hotspot.: i recently purchased a new phonerealme gt neo 2 but when i try to use my college wifi from connecting it to laptop and then sharing it with hotspot to connect to my phone it shows no internet in phone. other phones are able to connect to my laptop hotspot and get internet and...
  9. User can't access internet only intranet after using laptop hotspot for mobile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User can't access internet only intranet after using laptop hotspot for mobile: Hi there I have a user computer x2 since she did it with both The user created a hotspot on the laptop to use for her phone to connect to during the working times, The issue now is this has caused the laptop to not be able to go onto any website keeps loading and then...
  10. can't access internet through mobile hotspot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't access internet through mobile hotspot.: i recently activated Mobile hotspot option in my windows 10 pro in my laptop. but when i try to access the wifi from my mobile device ,it gives the message as "obtaining IP address" but it never connects. i even tried with through other devices but the same problem occurs....