Windows 10: After enabling OneDrive, search box no longer works in file explorer

Discus and support After enabling OneDrive, search box no longer works in file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I purchased and installed Microsoft 365 last week. I connected to OneDrive at that time. I rebooted my pc after the install. Now, when I open File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gary503, Jan 15, 2019.

1. gary503 Win User

After enabling OneDrive, search box no longer works in file explorer

I purchased and installed Microsoft 365 last week. I connected to OneDrive at that time. I rebooted my pc after the install. Now, when I open File Explorer and use the Search field to find an item, it always says "No items match your search".

For example, I have a folder called recipes. When I search that folder for the word sugar, it says no items match your search. Yet the word sugar is in multiple notepad and word documents in this folder.

How do I fix this?

Thank you.

:)

gary503, Jan 15, 2019

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Jan 15, 2019
  3. file explorer search box no longer searches after update

i've recently updated a new computer running win 10. I've opened file explorer and have found that the search box is no longer there. Well, a box is in its place, but there is no spyglass. Please advise how to fix explorer so that I can search for files.
    Thanks!

KYLECALLAHAN, Jan 15, 2019
  4. cws666 Win User

Search no longer working in bottom toolbar

I used to be able to type a filename in the Cortana/Search box in the bottom toolbar and would be given the option to open the file location or the file. following a recent update this no longer works - it only displays Internet explorer suggestions. Any ideas anyone how this can be fixed?

cws666, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

1. After enabling OneDrive, search box no longer works in file explorer - Similar Threads - enabling OneDrive search

2. File explorer search box don't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer search box don't work: Hi team,I can't input any word into the file explorer search box, I tried below methods but don't work.Can anyone tell me some possible solutions? Thank you.restart the file explorer processrestart windows search service and change it into automaticreset the foldersrebuild...
  3. File explorer search box don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer search box don't work: Hi team,I can't input any word into the file explorer search box, I tried below methods but don't work.Can anyone tell me some possible solutions? Thank you.restart the file explorer processrestart windows search service and change it into automaticreset the foldersrebuild...
  4. File explorer search box don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer search box not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search box not accessible: I've recently installed Windows 11, and I have an issue with the search function of the File Explorer: I can't put my cursor in the Search field if I launch the File Explorer through the default 'File Explorer' shortcut.I found the following workaround: I open the 'old'...
  6. Bug in File Explorer's search box

in Windows 10 Support
    Bug in File Explorer's search box: I just reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch, wiping the SSD because it was crashing with BSODs and other errors; I was in the 20h2 build, now I'm in the stable 2004 (19041.508). In the new install, as always, I set the search in the File Explorer to "automatically type into...
  7. File Explorer search box

in Cortana
    File Explorer search box: When I start to type into the 'search' box on File Explorer on the right side of the address bar, if I type at normal speed the first one or two characters do not appear or are overwritten as I type. I have File Explorer set to automatically start in the 'search' box. To...
  8. File Explorer Search box

File Explorer Search box: When I start to type into the 'search' box on File Explorer on the right side of the address bar, if I type at normal speed the first one or two characters do not appear or are overwitten as I type. I have File Explorer set to automatically start in the 'search' box. To...
  9. File Explorer search box not working

File Explorer search box not working: Not able to enter text in either File Explorer or Windows Search boxes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-search-box-not-working/f0ea428d-fc71-482f-a3b8-7173fe2bae59
  10. File Explorer search box stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer search box stops working: Hi - we're having a problem with File explorer search bar, whereby users find that randomly it locks up and stops allowing input. Currently the fix is to get the user to go to task manager and restart explorer.exe process, which is cumbersome. I wonder if anyone else faced...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive search bar not working

2. onedrive search cant type in the search box

3. microsoft onedrive search bar not working in internet explorer