Windows 10: After entering password it’s user profile login failed

Discus and support After entering password it’s user profile login failed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After entering password “ user login failed” comes up and i can’t get into my surface.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VickiLongnecker, Feb 13, 2019.

1. After entering password it’s user profile login failed

After entering password “ user login failed” comes up and i can’t get into my surface.

:)

VickiLongnecker, Feb 13, 2019

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Feb 13, 2019
  3. kimmabear Win User
    User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

I am trying to create new user logins on my laptop for my kids - I have successfully created user accounts that show up at startup, but I get the following error when I enter the passwords and try to login:

User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

I have tried multiple solutions from this forum, including regedit - their accounts do not show up on the ProfileList, and changing the permissions in C:\Users\Default to "Replace all child object permission entries from this object".

Also, deleted and re-added the accounts. Any other suggestions?!?!?!?!?!*Sleepy*Sick*Sleepy*Sick*Sleepy

kimmabear, Feb 13, 2019
  4. After entering password it’s user profile login failed

Administrator account, error message: "The user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded" Windows 10.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the system to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Occasionally, Windows might not read your user profile correctly, such as if your antivirus software is scanning your computer while you try to log on. Before you follow the methods given in the suggested article, try restarting your computer and logging
    on with your user account again to resolve the issue.

Let’s try to refer to the suggestions provided by Arul_D replied on February 11, 2016, to fix your issue.

user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded

Further, you may have to enable the built in admin account from the recovery environment, login to that account and then create a new admin account. Once this is done disable the built in admin account and login to the new admin account to check, if that
    helps.

Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new administrator user profile and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open elevated command prompt by entering Safe mode with Command prompt.
      To go to Safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift (key on the keyboard) + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command prompt.
    • Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes to activate the built-in administrator.
    • Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges (steps given below).
    • Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L keys on the keyboard and sign-in into the
      Administrator account.
    • Disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).
    Step 2: To create a new administrative user account
    follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by pressing Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add and click
      Enter
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to make sure if the "User Profile Service"
    is started and automatic from the new admin user account

a. Press Windows key + R
    and type "services.msc" in the run box and press Enter.

b. In services Window check for "User Profile Service"status.

c. If it is stopped, click on the drop down menu and click on
    automatic
    and click on start.

d. Check the status of the issue.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

After entering password it’s user profile login failed

1. After entering password it’s user profile login failed - Similar Threads - entering password it’s

2. User Profile Service Failed The Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile Service Failed The Login: Hello!I just recently bought a new PC from my friend, and decided my first course of action would be to factory reset it to wipe all the data from it to start clean. After the reset, I went to log back in and was met with the “User Profile Services failed the Log-In”...
  3. User Profile Service Failed The Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service Failed The Login: Hello!I just recently bought a new PC from my friend, and decided my first course of action would be to factory reset it to wipe all the data from it to start clean. After the reset, I went to log back in and was met with the “User Profile Services failed the Log-In”...
  4. User Profile Service Failed The Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. in my user profile - no dialog tab " users must enter user name and password"

in my user profile - no dialog tab " users must enter user name and password": I cant remove the administrator password requirement. I have tried "netplwiz" and get the proper screen but there is NO option to uncheck "require PW". Get message that on my Windows 10 to go to control panel but no option there...
  6. Windows 11 sometimes failed to login to user profile Error: The User Profile Service failed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 sometimes failed to login to user profile Error: The User Profile Service failed...: Hello guys, I have been using Windows 11 since the day I bought my new laptop just about a month ago. During my use, I sometimes encounter this error message when I boot my computer on the message show right before the screen saver login credentials. - The temporary fix that...
  7. Windows 11 sometimes failed to login to user profile Error: The User Profile Service failed...

Windows 11 sometimes failed to login to user profile Error: The User Profile Service failed...: Hello guys, I have been using Windows 11 since the day I bought my new laptop just about a month ago. During my use, I sometimes encounter this error message when I boot my computer on the message show right before the screen saver login credentials. - The temporary fix that...
  8. Delayed Login after password entered.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delayed Login after password entered.: Hello All, I am using licensed version of windows 10 pro with all the latest updated. Since last two updated i am facing one issue. Windows boots fast till it reaches the password screen. It hardly takes 1 min. When I enter password, it shows please wait and loader for...
  9. After entering password it’s user profile login failed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After entering password it’s user profile login failed: After entering password “ user login failed” comes up and i can’t get into my surface. ***Moved From: Windows 10/Desktop, Start, & personalization/General***...
  10. Can't Login - User Profile Service Failed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Login - User Profile Service Failed: I just tried to log in to my Admin account and got the error "The user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile service cannot be loaded" I can log in to my user account and do admin tasks when prompted by UAC. SFC /SCANNOW shows no errors and CHKDSK shows no...