Windows 10: After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up (dwm.exe) until next login

Discus and support After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up (dwm.exe) until next login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I access another Windows 10 PC via remote desktop and then exit the remote desktop session, the CPU load goes up. It is DWM.EXE that causes it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kriegste, Jun 15, 2019.

1. kriegste Win User

After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up (dwm.exe) until next login

When I access another Windows 10 PC via remote desktop and then exit the remote desktop session, the CPU load goes up. It is DWM.EXE that causes it.

What I did to exclude other causes:

- scanned for viruses (yes, DWM.EXE is the original one from MS)

- made sure no magnifier was active (Google proposed this)

- made sure no screen saver is active and nothing else is on my lock screen

- made sure the gfx driver (Intel integrated) is up to date

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

sfc /scannow

chkdsk c: /f

do not show any problems.

Today I tried a second system as RDP target: Same problem! Could this be a bug? Can anyone else please try it, too? I don't know since when the problem occurs. Could be since 1903 (this is the version I use on both systems).

This is how it looks when I log the CPU loads:

After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up (dwm.exe) until next login 212f9832-9985-4821-b1c6-e885aeb37102?upload=true.png

:)

kriegste, Jun 15, 2019
  2. MsAct007 Win User

dwm failure on rdp session in win 10

When logged in to a Win 10 pro system remotely from a Win 7 pro system, two instances of the dwm process are created. Only one appears when logged into the same system locally.

One of the two processes in the rdp session seems to be dormant, accumulating no cpu usage. However, the second dwm process seems to have an event processing thread in the dwmcore DLL that is hung in a tight loop, thus consuming a core of a multicore processor.

dwm version is 10.0.10240.16384...interesting versioning!

MsAct007, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop - Screen resolution in remote session

I have connected to a remote desktop session and the windows in the remote session are all too small for me to see.

I have edited the remote desktop connection settings and cannot seem to make anything larger.

I am using a new Dell Inspiron Laptop which has a very high screen resolution 3840 x 2160

Any suggestions appreciated

Thank you

GreenlaneAC, Jun 15, 2019
  4. davide445 Win User

After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up (dwm.exe) until next login

Close remote desktop session and launch an executable

Having a Windows 10 Enteriprise 2016 LTSB installed on an industrial PC for a totem with a touch screen.

This PC run a client application, for simple operations I need sometimes to access the PC with Remote Desktop from a remote location.

Finished my activity if I simply exit from Remote Desktop the PC will show a login screen to the users, obviously not what wanted

Using a .bat script with
    Code:
    Code:
    tscon.exe 1 /dest:console
    as administrator I'm able to leave the session and the PC didn't show the login screen, but shows the desktop, again not what I wanted.

Adding this command before the other
    Code:
    Code:
    start "" "C:\Users\User\Desktop\BikeCube\BikeCube.exe"
    it launch the client but didn't close the session.

There is a way to close the session and immediately launch the client, or the opposite.
    The final status need to be the the touch screen with the client app opened.

davide445, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

1. After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up (dwm.exe) until next login - Similar Threads - exiting remote desktop

2. Bluescreen after starting, goes away until next shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after starting, goes away until next shut down.: Hello,Recently for a few days I have been getting occasional bluescreens and freezes whenever I startup my computer, but they seem to go away until the next day when I start my computer again. I did also recently take apart my computer to clean it, unplugging my HDD and...
  3. Bluescreen after starting, goes away until next shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen after starting, goes away until next shut down.: Hello,Recently for a few days I have been getting occasional bluescreens and freezes whenever I startup my computer, but they seem to go away until the next day when I start my computer again. I did also recently take apart my computer to clean it, unplugging my HDD and...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  5. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  6. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. After exiting or lock a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login

After exiting or lock a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login: On Windows 10 1903 i have seen the behavior that if you lock the screen high CPU consumption of the DWM.Exe I have already checked and a mitigation that worked for me was to disable the blur effect on the lock screen Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative...
  8. After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login REVISITED

After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login REVISITED: For the record, the original post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/after-exiting-a-remote-desktop-session-cpu-load/e21e7da0-9a64-4a14-a671-b7cb1b61f66e?auth=1&page=1 which has become a cult classic and is referred to by many is now...
  9. Remote Desktop without loging off after Session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop without loging off after Session: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to do login on a remote computer using remote desktop but I want the session to stay on doing automatic tasks and not go to logon screen even if I close the remote desktop conection on the client side is that possible? 131171
  10. Disable login screen after remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable login screen after remote desktop session: Hello! I want to know if it possible to disable the annoying login screen in the computer after remote desktop session. I have netplwiz with automatically logins after boot and I know the trick tscon.exe 0 /dest:console and it works, but I use remote desktop to connect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dwm.exe cpu load

2. dwm.exe 100% cpu rdp windows 10 1903

3. CPU load rdp dwm