Windows 10: After exiting or lock a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login

Discus and support After exiting or lock a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On Windows 10 1903 i have seen the behavior that if you lock the screen high CPU consumption of the DWM.Exe I have already checked and a mitigation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by German Vives H, May 2, 2020.

1. After exiting or lock a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login

On Windows 10 1903 i have seen the behavior that if you lock the screen high CPU consumption of the

DWM.Exe

I have already checked and a mitigation that worked for me was to disable the blur effect on the lock screen

Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon. Locate “Show clear logon background” in the right pane and double-click on it. Set the “Show Clear Logon Background” to “Enabled” and then click “OK.” You'll have to restart your PC before the change takes effect.

This will disable the blur effect and cause the CPU consumption to be lower

if someone has this problem please confirm if this help

:)

German Vives H, May 2, 2020
  2. kriegste Win User

After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up (dwm.exe) until next login

When I access another Windows 10 PC via remote desktop and then exit the remote desktop session, the CPU load goes up. It is DWM.EXE that causes it.

What I did to exclude other causes:

- scanned for viruses (yes, DWM.EXE is the original one from MS)

- made sure no magnifier was active (Google proposed this)

- made sure no screen saver is active and nothing else is on my lock screen

- made sure the gfx driver (Intel integrated) is up to date

dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

sfc /scannow

chkdsk c: /f

do not show any problems.

Today I tried a second system as RDP target: Same problem! Could this be a bug? Can anyone else please try it, too? I don't know since when the problem occurs. Could be since 1903 (this is the version I use on both systems).

This is how it looks when I log the CPU loads:

After exiting or lock a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login 212f9832-9985-4821-b1c6-e885aeb37102?upload=true.png

kriegste, May 2, 2020
  3. Shimakaze Win User
    Wifi disconnects immediately after login from remote desktop session in Windows 10

I have a Thinkpad T430s running a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (Build 10.0.14393), and it has an issue with inbound remote desktop sessions that causes the wifi connection to be dropped as soon as the remote desktop logs in, resulting in the termination of the remote session.

Observations:

• Sometimes I can see the lock screen rendered on the remote desktop for a split second before it freezes, presumably due to wifi connection loss.
    • If I'm logged in locally at the laptop, and then try to login with the same user remotely, the local login will be booted out to the lock screen. This behaviour is as I would expect.
    • When the remote desktop session freezes after login, I can see on the lock screen locally that there is no wifi connection (as shown by the wifi icon). Reconnection does not occur automatically here on the lock screen.
    • Wifi connection is automatically re-established after I log in locally.
    • If I remove the wifi hotspot from config (either through "netsh wlan delete profile name=" or through "Forget" in the UI), add the hotspot back and connect, log in remotely without first logging out locally, then the remote session will connect successfully.
    • If I reboot the laptop after doing the step described above, then the problem returns.

What I've tried:

• Updated to latest WLAN driver.
    • Installed all Windows updates.
    • Disabled the option to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for the WLAN device.

The user I'm trying to log in as is a local, non-domain user. Wifi hotspot is secured with WPA2-Enterprise and EAP-MSCHAPv2.

Shimakaze, May 2, 2020
  4. MsAct007 Win User

After exiting or lock a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login

dwm failure on rdp session in win 10

When logged in to a Win 10 pro system remotely from a Win 7 pro system, two instances of the dwm process are created. Only one appears when logged into the same system locally.

One of the two processes in the rdp session seems to be dormant, accumulating no cpu usage. However, the second dwm process seems to have an event processing thread in the dwmcore DLL that is hung in a tight loop, thus consuming a core of a multicore processor.

dwm version is 10.0.10240.16384...interesting versioning!

MsAct007, May 2, 2020
Thema:

After exiting or lock a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login

1. After exiting or lock a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login - Similar Threads - exiting lock remote

2. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  3. SCCM remote session locking remote device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCCM remote session locking remote device: Hello,We have SCCM below details installed on a Jump servers and we use it to connect to clients deployed in our environment.In order to connect to the devices, we connect to the Jump server first using PAM and then to the devices.Environment - SCCM2010 v5.2010.1093.3100 &...
  4. SCCM remote session locking remote device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCCM remote session locking remote device: Hello,We have SCCM below details installed on a Jump servers and we use it to connect to clients deployed in our environment.In order to connect to the devices, we connect to the Jump server first using PAM and then to the devices.Environment - SCCM2010 v5.2010.1093.3100 &...
  5. SCCM remote session locking remote device

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login REVISITED

After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up dwm.exe until next login REVISITED: For the record, the original post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/after-exiting-a-remote-desktop-session-cpu-load/e21e7da0-9a64-4a14-a671-b7cb1b61f66e?auth=1&page=1 which has become a cult classic and is referred to by many is now...
  7. After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up (dwm.exe) until next login

After exiting a remote desktop session, cpu load goes up (dwm.exe) until next login: When I access another Windows 10 PC via remote desktop and then exit the remote desktop session, the CPU load goes up. It is DWM.EXE that causes it. What I did to exclude other causes: - scanned for viruses (yes, DWM.EXE is the original one from MS) - made sure no...
  8. Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Device lock screen during session: Hi All, I've just recently started using Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop When I remote to another device, say a PC. This causes the PC to automatically go to the lock screen. This seems to be default. I can still remotely access the PC, everything is fine except the person...
  9. Remote lock session

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote lock session: I would like to be able to remote suspend time allotted for my child's account from time to time -- you know, to get them to come eat, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-lock-session/449a1a86-02e0-48fe-8641-89fd7de8f8e7"
  10. Disable login screen after remote desktop session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable login screen after remote desktop session: Hello! I want to know if it possible to disable the annoying login screen in the computer after remote desktop session. I have netplwiz with automatically logins after boot and I know the trick tscon.exe 0 /dest:console and it works, but I use remote desktop to connect...