Windows 10: After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

Discus and support After factory reset, microsoft account is still there in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I just factory reset my desktop and it all seemed to go fine, but when I turned it on again the old Microsoft account was linked. I can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by chasekesl, Apr 23, 2022.

1. chasekesl Win User

After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

So I just factory reset my desktop and it all seemed to go fine, but when I turned it on again the old Microsoft account was linked. I can't seem to log in or figure out how to remove it. I just want to clean-wipe it so I can give it to a buddy.

:)

chasekesl, Apr 23, 2022

2. Factory reset

Hello darrylwelch,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

If factory reset doesn't works, I suggest you to make clean install.

Please refer this step-by-step guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-make-clean-ins...

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Apr 23, 2022
  3. Microsoft Account Password Reset

Thanks for the reply, but it does not help me. The website does not proceed past step 4. After entering the security code, the website does not proceed to step 5. It does not give an error message, it simply greys out the next and cancel buttons and hangs
    indefinitely.

Reset your password

If you can't remember your password, follow these steps to get into your account.

• Go to the Reset your password page.
    • Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
    • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.
    • Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.
    • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.
    I'll try your "Get account help by email" suggestion and post the solution here when I've found one.

Donovan de Swardt, Apr 23, 2022
  4. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

factory reset

Hi,

There shouldn't be an issue singing in to your computer after performing a factory reset. What's odd is that the error message "Your account has been disabled" is showing up. However, we suggest that you provide us a screenshot of the signing
    in page with the said error message. It's for us to determine what would be the steps that we need to isolate your concern.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

1. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there - Similar Threads - factory reset microsoft

2. After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing: Hello, When I factory reset my pc, the selection for the language and creation of new account did not pop up, instead it showed the old user, but when I try to log in. It won't let me and showed me an error. I also tried using the command prompt in advance options, and shows...
  3. After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing: Hello, When I factory reset my pc, the selection for the language and creation of new account did not pop up, instead it showed the old user, but when I try to log in. It won't let me and showed me an error. I also tried using the command prompt in advance options, and shows...
  4. After factory reset, Microsoft account still showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Will a Factory Reset Still Require an Account Login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will a Factory Reset Still Require an Account Login?: My daughter forgot her login pin thanks to Microsoft's annoying policy of forcing a pin change every month or so. She also doesn't remember her password login and her password reset recovery contact is her old cell phone number I know, all poor planning but lesson learned....
  6. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After factory reset, microsoft account is still there: So I just factory reset my desktop and it all seemed to go fine, but when I turned it on again the old Microsoft account was linked. I can't seem to log in or figure out how to remove it. I just want to clean-wipe it so I can give it to a buddy....
  7. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

After factory reset, microsoft account is still there: So I just factory reset my desktop and it all seemed to go fine, but when I turned it on again the old Microsoft account was linked. I can't seem to log in or figure out how to remove it. I just want to clean-wipe it so I can give it to a buddy....
  8. After reset to factory setting, is my microsoft account still logged in?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After reset to factory setting, is my microsoft account still logged in?: I reset my laptop. I logged in Microsoft account which i used before with the laptop that i reset with another device, could see the one that i resetused before is still on the device list. Is this normal, if i did not deleted the device registered in my account after...
  9. After reset to factory setting, is my microsoft account still logged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reset to factory setting, is my microsoft account still logged in?: I reset my laptop. I logged in Microsoft account which i used before with the laptop that i reset with another device, could see the one that i resetused before is still on the device list. Is this normal, if i did not deleted the device registered in my account after...
  10. After reset to factory setting, is my microsoft account still logged in?