Windows 10: After factory reset with erase everything, still more than 60GB of hard is occupied

Discus and support After factory reset with erase everything, still more than 60GB of hard is occupied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did factory reset my laptop which has windows10 by erasing everything but I see in Drive C, still, 62GB is occupied. when I check the Storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmirToliyat, Jun 8, 2020.

1. After factory reset with erase everything, still more than 60GB of hard is occupied

I did factory reset my laptop which has windows10 by erasing everything but I see in Drive C, still, 62GB is occupied. when I check the Storage Setting, I see System & reserved has 31GB then Other has occupied 25.3GB space, then Apps 6.96GB, and the rest is a very small portion of the hard drive. When I click on Other, it shows me only some folders that are totally less than 2GBwhich should be 25.3 GB. in the Show hidden files I selected Show hidden files and folders, but still, nothing more is shown in Other. how can I find all files that are occupied my hard drive to delete unnecessary of them?also I did disk clean up and still nothing changed

:)

AmirToliyat, Jun 8, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Remote erase/factory reset

I have a Lumia 950 with a non-responsive screen. I know how to remote erase the phone. What I don't know is what happens to the phone if I do so.

Does a remote erase, under Find my phone, start a factory reset, does it brick the phone, does it do something else?

My goal is to perform a factory reset without touching the phone.

BlackStar269, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

After factory reset with erase everything, still more than 60GB of hard is occupied

Tenforo, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

After factory reset with erase everything, still more than 60GB of hard is occupied

1. After factory reset with erase everything, still more than 60GB of hard is occupied - Similar Threads - factory reset erase

2. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After factory reset, microsoft account is still there: So I just factory reset my desktop and it all seemed to go fine, but when I turned it on again the old Microsoft account was linked. I can't seem to log in or figure out how to remove it. I just want to clean-wipe it so I can give it to a buddy....
  3. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After factory reset, microsoft account is still there: So I just factory reset my desktop and it all seemed to go fine, but when I turned it on again the old Microsoft account was linked. I can't seem to log in or figure out how to remove it. I just want to clean-wipe it so I can give it to a buddy....
  4. After factory reset, microsoft account is still there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. App still occupied space after installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App still occupied space after installing: Just as the title said , now my disk C have like 8gb left showing , but there should be more than that, Because all these game were uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-still-occupied-space-after-installing/731d2c77-75b2-4e4f-966d-2f6f1dc56889
  6. The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.: This is a frequent issue with my laptop. The used space is always greater than space actually acquired by the contents of the drive. There are no hidden files that might be acquiring the space. This usually happens the drive which is talked about above is E when I make a...
  7. The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The occupied space in the drive is more than that of the contents.: [ATTACH] This is a frequent issue with my laptop. The used space is always greater than space actually acquired by the contents of the drive. There are no hidden files that might be acquiring the space. This usually happens ( the drive which is talked about above is E )...
  8. Will factory reset erase Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will factory reset erase Windows 10?: I have a laptop that I wan't to give to someone, so I have to wipe it clean. I'm just afraid that Windows will erase, especially because: I really doubt that the laptop came with Windows I have a watermark saying Windows isn't activated... Thanks in advance. submitted by...
  9. Factory reset stuck at 40% for more than one hour... is that okay

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset stuck at 40% for more than one hour... is that okay: Factory reset stuck at 40% for more than one hour... is that okay To take that long or i will have to force shutdown it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/factory-reset-stuck-at-40-for-more-than-one-hour/22e051ca-71eb-4754-b45c-f2f9e198013f
  10. trying to erase everything on this computer and get it back to factory. How do I reset it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    trying to erase everything on this computer and get it back to factory. How do I reset it...: trying to erase everything on this computer and get it back to factory. It's an hp windows 10. How do I reset it back to factory ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-erase-everything-on-this-computer-and/eb4c838a-e505-41e6-8ec4-21ad81d320f6