Windows 10: After factory resetting, How to reinstall os and os serial number?

Discus and support After factory resetting, How to reinstall os and os serial number? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After factory resetting my Asus laptop, how to install the windows os? How to get that product key because my laptop OS is in-buildwindows 8?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hafeesh M D, Sep 14, 2020.

1. After factory resetting, How to reinstall os and os serial number?

Hi,

1. After factory resetting my Asus laptop, how to install the windows os?
    2. How to get that product key because my laptop OS is in-buildwindows 8?
    3. Now which version I to install? 8 or the latest?

Thanks in advance

:)

Hafeesh M D, Sep 14, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 14, 2020
  3. navyseal Win User
    Factory Reset with changed OS via manufacture's program

So, you mean do the factory reset from the acer's program ----> go to windows 7 with all acer's programs and then ----> reinstall windows 10 from an external source without being connected to the internet in order not to lose all i need.

Is it possible to face any problem with this process as windows 10 OS isnt free?

navyseal, Sep 14, 2020
  4. After factory resetting, How to reinstall os and os serial number?

OS reinstall needed after upgrading CPU?

You didn't understand it at all... You think that SSE matters me most... I want to know the behavior of the OS if it really knows that it is a different CPU and energy saving, Speed Step, Core Boost features also work... as on Penryn not Merom... Bitwise the bitset flags for cpu are compatible... therefor they work...

Same could be also seen when upgrading to Bulldozer from older K10.5 gen, as it also introduces new instruction sets and features...

So again... I want a solid answer.

Yes - I've replaced CPU benched, after OS reinstall it benched faster and Battery lasted longer etc...

NO - OS reinstall isn't need, M$ are cool cats and their win 7 OS is aware of fundamental hardware changes.

Ferrum Master, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

After factory resetting, How to reinstall os and os serial number?

1. After factory resetting, How to reinstall os and os serial number? - Similar Threads - factory resetting reinstall

2. HWID serial number reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HWID serial number reset: By mistake I change my hwid serial number what should I do know I am scared right know. HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-serial-number-reset/67952a03-dc73-427a-a6d7-fac6a56d1ae3
  3. HWID serial number reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    HWID serial number reset: By mistake I change my hwid serial number what should I do know I am scared right know. HP laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hwid-serial-number-reset/67952a03-dc73-427a-a6d7-fac6a56d1ae3
  4. Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset: I’m factory resetting my laptop. I’m prompted to choose an operating system and there’s two choices, both are the same: Windows 10 on Volume 4. After selecting one or letting the computer choose one, it restarts and asks again.What do I do?...
  5. Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset: I’m factory resetting my laptop. I’m prompted to choose an operating system and there’s two choices, both are the same: Windows 10 on Volume 4. After selecting one or letting the computer choose one, it restarts and asks again.What do I do?...
  6. Stuck in an OS Selection During Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Factory OS Reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Factory OS Reinstallation: I recently bought Dell Inspiron 5410 2in 1 convertible laptop that came with Windows preinstalled with the Factory OS and loads of other software like Dell Cinema/ MacAfee / Lifetime MS Office.Due to some reason my laptop crashed and I was unable to repair it from the...
  8. Factory reset and OS updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset and OS updates: Hey all. So I plan to do a factory reset on my old laptop soon so I can get rid of it. But out of curiosity, would the factory wipe also delete Windows 10 from the hard drive and revert to Windows 8 like from when I bought it? This is not really an issue for me. I just got...
  9. Reinstall OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall OS: I recently installed the linuxOS but now I want to go back to using windows 10 but the main HDD is not formatted as the NTFS file system is there anyway to reinstall windows 10. I contacted HP but they said this type of problem is not covered under my warranty because of...
  10. Os reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Os reinstall: If i reinstall my os from boot menu by pendrive.will i lose my license of Os (will i lose my genuine os) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/os-reinstall/cdb8ad19-3c8d-4547-a062-4c8a46a13d75