Windows 10: After factory restore my HP, it reverted to Windows 8.1. How can I get Windows 10 back?

Discus and support After factory restore my HP, it reverted to Windows 8.1. How can I get Windows 10 back? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After factory restore my HP, it reverted to Windows 8.1. How can I get Windows 10 back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisHunter999, Jul 4, 2019.

1. After factory restore my HP, it reverted to Windows 8.1. How can I get Windows 10 back?

After factory restore my HP, it reverted to Windows 8.1. How can I get Windows 10 back?

:)

ChrisHunter999, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade Begins Rolling Out in Waves

The recovery partition will revert back to the Windows 8 that came with the PC with no updates

You can create a back up of your new install

Jetster, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

After factory restore my HP, it reverted to Windows 8.1. How can I get Windows 10 back?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

1. After factory restore my HP, it reverted to Windows 8.1. How can I get Windows 10 back? - Similar Threads - factory restore reverted

2. How can I revert back to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert back to Windows 10?: I am finding so many problems with Windows 11; it's affecting my productivity so I would like to return to Windows 10 my previous computer died so I was forced into Windows 11 with a new computer....
  3. How can I revert back to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I revert back to Windows 10?: I am finding so many problems with Windows 11; it's affecting my productivity so I would like to return to Windows 10 my previous computer died so I was forced into Windows 11 with a new computer....
  4. How do I revert my counterfeit windows 10 back to my authentic windows 8?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I revert my counterfeit windows 10 back to my authentic windows 8?: I recently learned that my Windows 10 is not authentic. I have an authentic 25 digit recovery key but it doesn't work. Perhaps it is the recovery code for my previous version of windows 8 or 8.1 whichever one it is but I am striking out at every turn. Suggestions,...
  5. How do I revert my counterfeit windows 10 back to my authentic windows 8?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert my counterfeit windows 10 back to my authentic windows 8?: I recently learned that my Windows 10 is not authentic. I have an authentic 25 digit recovery key but it doesn't work. Perhaps it is the recovery code for my previous version of windows 8 or 8.1 whichever one it is but I am striking out at every turn. Suggestions,...
  6. How do I revert my counterfeit windows 10 back to my authentic windows 8?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can I revert back to Windows 8 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I revert back to Windows 8 from Windows 10: I use a Lenovo tablet that really wasn't supposed to handle Windows 10, but I tried it and it worked for a while. But with each Windows 10 update there seems to be more problems. Is it possible to revert back to Windows 8?...
  8. How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10?: I really need help, apparently my windows 10 enterprise license is expiring soon. I tried many tricks and solutions I searched on the internet, but they didn't work. I tried entering the windows 10 enterprise product key to activate it again, and it said that it needed my...
  9. how can I restore my windows 10 computer back to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I restore my windows 10 computer back to factory settings?: How can I return my computer with window 10 to factory settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-my-windows-10-computer-back-to/62f7581b-69a2-4e39-bafe-dc531b7994ea
  10. How can I restore my computer back to 1-1 - 2018

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I restore my computer back to 1-1 - 2018: How can I restore my computer back to 1-1-2018 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-can-i-restore-my-computer-back-to-1-1-2018/fd68bb19-9955-4a6d-98c1-3e5989a53062

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp computer reverted to windows 8

2. can i restrore windows 10 from windows 8.1

3. how to restore hp laptop from windows 8 back to windows 10

4. did factory reset on hp laptop and win 10 is relacd by 8.1,
  5. how to get windows 10 back after restore windows 8.1,
  6. hp laptop reverted to windows 8,
  7. windows 10 reverted to 8 after reset,
  8. restore reverted windows to 8.1,
  9. restored to windows 8.1 after hp recovery,
  10. recovered windows 10 reverted to windows 8.1