Windows 10: After Fall Creators 1709 update Cellular and Ethernet problem appeared

Discus and support After Fall Creators 1709 update Cellular and Ethernet problem appeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The Verizon WWAN connection works if no Ethernet present and Wifi is off. Plug in Ethernet cable (static or dhcp to non internet router) and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jennyk, Jan 28, 2018.

1. jennyk Win User

After Fall Creators 1709 update Cellular and Ethernet problem appeared

The Verizon WWAN connection works if no Ethernet present and Wifi is off.
    Plug in Ethernet cable (static or dhcp to non internet router) and the Cellular connection changes to private so we lose internet. If I turn on wifi and connect it to a non internet router - then the Celllular connection is used. We need to keep wifi off though.
    How can I prioritize the Cellular over Ethernet when wifi is turned off? The setup is Panasonic toughpad connected to Verizon for wireless messaging to a server, while connected via Ethernet cable static IP to router that has a private netork to a phone. This worked up to the 1709 Creator's update. How can it be made to work again?

:)

jennyk, Jan 28, 2018

2. A folder named Removable storage devices appears on my desktop occasionally.

I have the same problem after Windows 10 1709 Fall Creators Update.

DanieleVagnini, Jan 28, 2018
  3. 9087456 Win User
    Lost Internet access via Cellular SIM card on dual-homed computer with Win 10 FCU

I keep my Windows 10 Pro computer connected to two networks simultaneously: an Ethernet connection to the LAN which has no Internet access; and a SIM card Cellular connection to the Internet. This configuration worked well until I installed the Fall Creators
    Update.

After installing the FCU, I can EITHER connect to the Internet via the Cellular SIM card, or connect to the LAN via the Ethernet connection. I lose communication with the Internet when I enable both networking interfaces.

Currently Windows 10 Pro 1709 16299.192

Am not using BitLocker or any other disk encryption. Have no VPN installed. Use only Windows Defender for malware protection.

Have fully updated all drivers via my manufacturer (Lenovo).

Have edited the registry to set both 3G & 4G to NOT be metered connections (did not help).

Have set Cellular Interface metric to 10 and Ethernet Interface metric to 20 (did not help).

How can I regain use of both these networking connections when both are enabled?

9087456, Jan 28, 2018
Thema:

After Fall Creators 1709 update Cellular and Ethernet problem appeared

1. After Fall Creators 1709 update Cellular and Ethernet problem appeared - Similar Threads - Fall Creators 1709

2. Fall Creators Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update Problems: For more than a year, Windows has been trying to install the subject update and for that long, various incarnations of updates have failed to install on my Acer Aspire S7. The program hangs up my entire system at 1% installed so that I have no choice but to shut down and...
  3. Win 10 - Fall Creators Update 1709 - Logon Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 - Fall Creators Update 1709 - Logon Screen Problem: Hi, I have update three machines to the new Fall Update, and all of them have the same issue with the Logon Screen. I have had the 'Cave' picture to be shown when logging in and after installing the Fall Update, this picture was replaced by the stupid Mountain Lake. Ok,...
  4. Activation problems After Creators fall Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation problems After Creators fall Update: I have a dual boot home built system with current parts, which has two separate bootable SSD disks, each containing separate retail copies copies if Windows 10 (one Pro x64 and the other home x386). The reason for the two copies of windows is that the 32 bit allows for older...
  5. "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators: In Trainwreck of errors related to seemingly-normal Win10 updates - help! Solved - Windows 10 Forums I posted of my confusion, a problem now solved, about an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 10 installed suddenly being unable to download and install updates. "Net" of that...
  6. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  7. Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Falls Creators Update 1709 Bug in Start Items: This got to be a bug in version 1709 because despite installing all updates and rebooting many times, after I Unpin From Start from the items from the Start Menu Items list, they reappear after I start up again. Microsoft again, messed up big time on this... See...
  8. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  9. Hard Disk Usage After Fall Creators Update 1709

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard Disk Usage After Fall Creators Update 1709: I installed the FCU 1709 today. About an hour ago, I was looking at my C: drive properties and I lost about 20 GB's with the install. Are there some very large download/install files on my C: drive that can be deleted now ? My C: drive is SDD 128 GB and before the install, I...
  10. Windows Fall Creators Update 1709 Problems Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Fall Creators Update 1709 Problems Please Help: Hello,I have successfully installed the update But my Acer Aspire F 15 Notebook wont Reboot and shuts of when I use AIMP4 and A Browser at the same time,there are other issues but this is the worst,in generally my pc runs like the wind.*Mad 100134