Windows 10: After forced update PIN not working and internet seems disabled

Discus and support After forced update PIN not working and internet seems disabled in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was forced to do an update last night to Windows 10. When I booted it back up it says "Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Beoden X, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Beoden X Win User

After forced update PIN not working and internet seems disabled

I was forced to do an update last night to Windows 10. When I booted it back up it says "Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again" if I click set up my pin it does nothing. It won't take my password either.

In the bottom right where the internet connection is it shows a globe with a circle and lime through it. If I click on it it just shows a window with airplane mode but doesn't allow me to do anything.

I cant use recovery or anything because it keeps asking me for my password but won't accept it. I even logged into my microsoft account and changed the password.

Please any help would be appreciated

:)

Beoden X, Aug 15, 2019

2. Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 15, 2019
  4. After forced update PIN not working and internet seems disabled

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

After forced update PIN not working and internet seems disabled

1. After forced update PIN not working and internet seems disabled - Similar Threads - forced update PIN

2. Microsoft Forcing Hello PIN after Passwordless Setup. How to disable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Forcing Hello PIN after Passwordless Setup. How to disable?: I enabled passwordless login on my Microsoft account. Without any notice Microsoft then wiped out the local password setup on my PC and forces authentication from my phone. I actually prefer this but wasn't expecting the change to impact local PC logon behavior. The problem...
  3. Microsoft Forcing Hello PIN after Passwordless Setup. How to disable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Forcing Hello PIN after Passwordless Setup. How to disable?: I enabled passwordless login on my Microsoft account. Without any notice Microsoft then wiped out the local password setup on my PC and forces authentication from my phone. I actually prefer this but wasn't expecting the change to impact local PC logon behavior. The problem...
  4. Internet not working after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet not working after update: My pc automatically installed some updates on my windows 10 after those updates were Installed my internet got really slow and now it's not even working. A couple of my friends also had this issue and formatting the pc solved it, is there anyway to solve this without...
  5. no connection to internet and PIN not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    no connection to internet and PIN not working: i had an issue where i downloaded a program that was supposed to be a mini player for spotify on your taskbar. Soon after i installed it my desktop went black and i was not able to interact with anything. I did “ctrl+alt+del” and opened my task manager and through that i...
  6. Force security key + PIN on Logon - Disable regular password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force security key + PIN on Logon - Disable regular password: Is it possible to force Windows Hello in this case. I'd like to use a Yubikey + PIN on Logon and disable all other forms of authentication. Can I disable the regular password option? If not, what would be best practice in this case? Just use 2 yubikeys (one as backup), set...
  7. Forced restart after wrong PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced restart after wrong PIN: My four-year-old son loves trying to guess my PIN on my locked Windows 10 desktop at home. In the past, I usually sit down to my computer with the message: You've entered an incorrect PIN several times. To try again, enter A1B2C3 below." This was how I knew he had been...
  8. Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling Windows Update Forced Restarts: Greetings, It's well known that Windows Update will force computers to restart on occasion. As a professional DJ, this has *RUINED* numerous live performances that make use of my Windows computer. I'd like to know how to disable these forced restarts. It is my...
  9. Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809: Had one client call and so I went to check on my unupdated 1803 install and checked for updates and there it was. 123313
  10. Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    Seems now that a forced check for updates is updating to 1809: Had one client call and so I went to check on my unupdated 1803 install and checked for updates and there it was. 123313

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forced to update pin password