Windows 10: After fresh reinstalling and resetting windows, some things duplicate.

Discus and support After fresh reinstalling and resetting windows, some things duplicate. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few weeks ago, I reinstalled and reset windows. I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 Home, with the choice of "delete everything". That was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Guy & Laptop, May 20, 2020.

1. After fresh reinstalling and resetting windows, some things duplicate.

A few weeks ago, I reinstalled and reset windows. I did a fresh installation of Windows 10 Home, with the choice of "delete everything". That was not the case. As I figured out, some things were not deleted, such as system reserved disk partitions, devices, and system reserved ram as far as I know. I guessed that Windows did not know that the original things were deleted, and it installed new components over the original ones. Example: My disk is a 512 GB disk, with around 20 GB system reserved storage. It was not deleted when I reinstalled Windows, and the system put an additional 20 GB system reserve over it. I have 6 GB reserved for page file, and 9.5 GB virtual memory. Now, I can only use 460 GB. Same thing happened to my audio drivers. Instead of saying "Realtek" now it says "2 - Realtek" and then I knew it got duplicated. Originally, I had 4 GB of ram. 0.2 of that was reserved for my system. Now, I can only use 3.41 GB, because my system duplicated the system reserve. I tried to fix the problem by setting maximum allowable ram, and it did not work, it changed to only 1.5 GB usable. I have looked on the internet, but to no avail, because no one else had this problem. I am using the latest version of Windows 10 Home, and I have not installed any Windows Insider Builds. Everything is up to date, including device drivers. I am getting a new PC next year, but I still need to use this laptop until then. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Guy & Laptop, May 20, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 20, 2020
  3. windows 10 fresh paint app cannot scroll down to view them

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Method 1: RunWindows Store Apps troubleshooter

I suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control panel.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.

• Click on Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the app

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fresh paint
    app. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      Fresh paint app and click
      Uninstall

• Open the Windows Store.

• Search for Fresh paint app and click on
      Install.

• Check if issue persists.
    Fresh Paint FAQ:

Fresh Paint FAQ....

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 20, 2020
  4. keakar Win User

After fresh reinstalling and resetting windows, some things duplicate.

Help: Windows XP fresh install - will not boot

simple

do this:

use vista cd to reformat and reinstall vista

after reformating the computer will start to reboot

at this time remove the vista cd and replace it with your xp cd

its a thing windows has so you cant go back to an older operating system

follow these steps and you should have no problems

keakar, May 20, 2020
Thema:

After fresh reinstalling and resetting windows, some things duplicate.

1. After fresh reinstalling and resetting windows, some things duplicate. - Similar Threads - fresh reinstalling resetting

2. Fresh reinstall of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh reinstall of windows: I wanted to do a fresh reinstall of windows 10, now this is upgraded from windows 8 that came with my laptop, now I have backed up my data and created a USB install stick. Before I actually do it, how can I save my various licenses for the softwares I have on my laptop. Is...
  3. Fresh reinstall of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh reinstall of windows: I wanted to do a fresh reinstall of windows 10, now this is upgraded from windows 8 that came with my laptop, now I have backed up my data and created a USB install stick. Before I actually do it, how can I save my various licenses for the softwares I have on my laptop. Is...
  4. Fresh reinstall of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange thing after reinstall Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange thing after reinstall Windows 11: I can’t connect WiFi, there’s Ethernet option only… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-thing-after-reinstall-windows-11/fee6c056-f56c-406e-9c46-e0da92a4c311
  6. Strange thing after reinstall Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange thing after reinstall Windows 11: I can’t connect WiFi, there’s Ethernet option only… https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-thing-after-reinstall-windows-11/fee6c056-f56c-406e-9c46-e0da92a4c311
  7. Windows Not Activating after Fresh Reinstall.

Windows Not Activating after Fresh Reinstall.: So I reinstalled my windows full wipe, logged into the same account now it says windows cannot Identify product linked to account. But when I go to my profile I can see details of my PC before re installation, which says I have a windows 10 Pro product but my current PC which...
  8. Unable to activate windows after fresh reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate windows after fresh reinstall: Hi, I upgraded my pc's boot drive to a ssd, so i installed windows to that drive from a usb and reformatted my previous boot drive hard drive. i got this error code [ATTACH]...
  9. Reset vs fresh Reinstall from Media

Reset vs fresh Reinstall from Media: Hi, What is the difference of doing a reset vs. wiping all partitions and reinstalling from media? Assume it's the reset that does not preserve user files. Of course the user has backed-up important files. Is there a difference in action, or qualifiers to the answer to...
  10. Duplicate things in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate things in Windows 10: I don't understand why there are duplicate things in Windows 10? For example: Why two settings? [img] [img] And literally there are same things in there, like for example if you want to uninstall a software you can go here: [img] or you can go here:...