Windows 10: After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files

Discus and support After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Just a couple of days ago I switched from stand alone Win10 using an administrator account (no PIN or password) to a MS PIN. Since then, when I go into... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rebadurchee, Aug 3, 2019.

1. After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files

Just a couple of days ago I switched from stand alone Win10 using an administrator account (no PIN or password) to a MS PIN. Since then, when I go into Word or Excel my list of unpinned Recent files shows files I worked on at least one or two years ago. My actual recent files are nowhere to be found. I have no idea what to do about this. Can I rescind my MS account or PIN and go back to where I was? Thank you.

:)

rebadurchee, Aug 3, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 3, 2019
  3. eidairaman1, Aug 3, 2019
  4. esmorax Win User

After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Aug 3, 2019
Thema:

After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files

1. After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files - Similar Threads - getting PIN Open

2. How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?: How do you close a single file and/or clear a file from the Recent Docs list in Wordpad? This applies to using Wordpad from any device. ***Modified title from: Closing files in Wordpad ***...
  3. How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?: Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of recently open Notepad files. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ? UPDATE: When I left click and right click several times, there...
  4. Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Documents won't open from recent list on taskbar: I have applications (e.g. Word, Excel) pinned to the taskbar. You used to be able to click on a list of recent documents and then that would open the document. Now after the latest W10 Feature update, when you click on any of the documents nothing happens. The application...
  5. recently used and pinned file

in Windows 10 Customization
    recently used and pinned file: I was recently forced to restore my HP laptop to original condition and reload Windows 10 Pro 64bit to solve an Offfice 2010 access problem. Everything seems to be working fine now but I've noticed the Word & Excel (as well as Notepad & File Explorer for that matter) no...
  6. Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list: Dear Tenforums users, Since a few weeks I found myself unable to open any documents (Word, Powerpoint) from the 'Recent files list' in my office applications. Everytime I try to open it, I get the message: "The item you selected is unavailable. It might have been moved,...
  7. MS Paint Recent Files

MS Paint Recent Files: MS Paint keeps showing the last 9 files which were opened. Is there a way so that when I close the Paint, these files could automatically removed. I do not want to make a new user. Or if there is any other free program which is like MS Paint but have option to not to show...
  8. How do I get recent docs when pinned to start?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get recent docs when pinned to start?: I'm an oldschool start menu kind of person, and not quite so keen on the new start menu yet. I'm willing to give it a chance as it's the future of windows. There are some parts copied over from xp / win7 and other parts not. What I used most out of the start menu before...
  9. After upgrading, is the old list of "pin to start menu" accessable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After upgrading, is the old list of "pin to start menu" accessable?: I have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 without recording the list of programs that I had attached to the start menu. I would like to find that list if it is stored somewhere. If so, where is it? 57947
  10. Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar?: Under Win 7 you can pin recent docs to Word pinned on taskbar and freely remove others from the list. Don't see these options anymore. 8123