Windows 10: After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files

Discus and support After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Just a couple of days ago I switched from stand alone Win10 using an administrator account (no PIN or password) to a MS PIN. Since then, when I go into... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rebadurchee, Aug 3, 2019.

1. After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files

Just a couple of days ago I switched from stand alone Win10 using an administrator account (no PIN or password) to a MS PIN. Since then, when I go into Word or Excel my list of unpinned Recent files shows files I worked on at least one or two years ago. My actual recent files are nowhere to be found. I have no idea what to do about this. Can I rescind my MS account or PIN and go back to where I was? Thank you.

:)

rebadurchee, Aug 3, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Aug 3, 2019
  3. eidairaman1, Aug 3, 2019
  4. esmorax Win User

After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Aug 3, 2019
Thema:

After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files

1. After getting PIN from MS - Open Recent docs/workbooks lists old files - Similar Threads - getting PIN Open

2. Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.: Each time I boot up the computer, a number of files will be added to the recent files list. These are old files that I have not accessed recently in some cases not for months or years. All of the files added are word, excel or PDF documents. Please advise....
  3. Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar: Previously, as in all previous versions of Windows I was able to pin files to an application's recent file list in the taskbar. I could right-click on the app icon to bring up the list, and my pinned files would be at the top. Click on the file name and it and the app would...
  4. Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar

Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar: Previously, as in all previous versions of Windows I was able to pin files to an application's recent file list in the taskbar. I could right-click on the app icon to bring up the list, and my pinned files would be at the top. Click on the file name and it and the app would...
  5. How to get list of recent files after right click on pinned apps in start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get list of recent files after right click on pinned apps in start menu?: In Windows 10, when I right clicked on the pinned apps in the start menu, the drop down list would include the recent files used by the app.This doesn't seem to be the case in 11 which I just got today. \Can anyone help?Thanks....
  6. How to get list of recent files after right click on pinned apps in start menu?

How to get list of recent files after right click on pinned apps in start menu?: In Windows 10, when I right clicked on the pinned apps in the start menu, the drop down list would include the recent files used by the app.This doesn't seem to be the case in 11 which I just got today. \Can anyone help?Thanks....
  7. Repair MS .doc file from Mac

Repair MS .doc file from Mac: I have an MS .doc file (note NOT .docx) that's become corrupted. I'm using a Mac but it won't open the file either in Pages or Preview. I've also tried opening it in Libre office but, again. it can't open it. I've used Stellar Recover to recover the .doc although it's not...
  8. Pinned Office Files do not Stay Pinned; No Recent Files List; [Jump Lists]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinned Office Files do not Stay Pinned; No Recent Files List; [Jump Lists]: I ran into a problem again recently when I was helping set up a coworker's workspace. Right-clicking on office programs in the Task Bar for me always shows my recently opened files and files I have pinned there. His weren't showing recent files at all. He could pin files,...
  9. How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?: How do you close a single file and/or clear a file from the Recent Docs list in Wordpad? This applies to using Wordpad from any device. ***Modified title from: Closing files in Wordpad ***...
  10. How do I get recent docs when pinned to start?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get recent docs when pinned to start?: I'm an oldschool start menu kind of person, and not quite so keen on the new start menu yet. I'm willing to give it a chance as it's the future of windows. There are some parts copied over from xp / win7 and other parts not. What I used most out of the start menu before...