Windows 10: After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows.

Discus and support After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My issue is multi faceted. Firstly, Windows did not activate after upgrading my Motherboard CPU and RAM. Hard drive with windows installed was kept.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BenGriffes, Apr 24, 2020.

1. After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows.

My issue is multi faceted.

Firstly, Windows did not activate after upgrading my Motherboard CPU and RAM. Hard drive with windows installed was kept. This version of Windows was originally Windows 7 that came preinstalled on the computer when I bought it.

After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows. 7142fe7b-d627-473f-81a5-a65d3306363a?upload=true.png

When I try to run the troubleshooter and log into Windows account, it says I have a invalid password, even after I changed the password.

After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows. fe2b0713-f800-4531-914b-ac780ef4e042?upload=true.png

I even wrote down the product key before I upgraded, knowing that this kind of thing happens, but it doesnt seem to like my product key that was in my account info. I am at a complete loss. HELP!!!

:)

BenGriffes, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Reactivating Windows 10 after hardware upgrade

I recently did some major hardware upgrades on my computer, including replacing the motherboard. A week before I did this I linked my digital license to my microsoft account so I could reactivate windows after the upgrade, following the steps on this page:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

After following the second set of steps I'm given this error:

"We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try
    again later."

Clicking "See other devices" shows me nothing except:

"We can’t reactivate Windows from these devices.

If you're not seeing your current device, make sure you're signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device. "

I'm signed in on this computer as an admin with my Microsoft account. Is there anything else I can try to reactivate Windows 10?

AMonoceros, Apr 24, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows.

Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10

Hello, you are able to reactivate your Windows 10 with an old activation key. To do this, follow the following article step by step.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows. :)

RyoTakagi, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows.

1. After Hardware upgrade, cannot reactivate windows. - Similar Threads - Hardware upgrade cannot

2. Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded my computer to an SSD, and a newer Motherboard and Processor. When I got booted into Windows, the "Activate Windows" watermark came up in the bottom right-hand corner. I tried to follow the directions in the Windows Update menu, but it doesn't work. I...
  3. Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded my computer to an SSD, and a newer Motherboard and Processor. When I got booted into Windows, the "Activate Windows" watermark came up in the bottom right-hand corner. I tried to follow the directions in the Windows Update menu, but it doesn't work. I...
  4. Windows needing reactivation after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reactivation after hardware upgrade

Reactivation after hardware upgrade: Hi guys, I just upgraded my PC CPU, motherboard, RAM, and SSD to be specific and having problems reactivating my Windows 10. I was using a Windows 10 home retail key brought on Amazon upgraded to pro and linked to my Microsoft account. Tried the troubleshooting and change...
  6. Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade

Windows reactivation after hardware upgrade: I've recently upgraded my home desktop replacing everything but my harddrive, gpu, and power supply. Before doing so I attempted to get my windows 10 pro key for reactivation but was told that it would saved to my windows account since I'm keeping the hardrives the same...
  7. Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware upgrade: I recently upgraded both my CPU and motherboard, and 'Activate Windows' watermark showed up I tried the troubleshooter but it doesnt seem to work I also tried reenter the product key again and that also doesnt work. The troubleshooter doesnt show any error codes it just...
  8. Unable to reactivate windows after hardware upgrade

Unable to reactivate windows after hardware upgrade: Hey guys, so i have this really annoying issue My motherboard and CPU were really due for an upgrade, so i replaced them and that's that. But now i have this watermark stuck on my screen telling me to activate windows. When i go into settings to activate it says "windows...
  9. Cannot reactivate after changing hardware

Cannot reactivate after changing hardware: I have Win10 attached to my live account. I swapped out my motherboard and cpu. I attempt to reactive via settings - update&security - troubleshoot - recently changed hardware. I select this device in its previous incarnation. I am given the error message attached....
  10. Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10

Upgraded Hardware And Cannot Reactivate Windows 10: On Christmas day I upgraded my computer and cannot reactivate my windows 10 home on the computer. I have followed the step and it did not fix my problem. I have added a new mobo and now i'm stuck with the Activate Windows mark on my screen. My windows 10 key is digital...