Windows 10: After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

Discus and support After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys,I'm thinking of cleaning reinstalling windows 10 home using a USB with the media creation tool. After having upgraded to windows 10 education,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TechFan18, Nov 19, 2021.

1. TechFan18 Win User

After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

Hi guys,I'm thinking of cleaning reinstalling windows 10 home using a USB with the media creation tool. After having upgraded to windows 10 education, I'm not happy with it and regret my decision. Is it too late for me, is my original licence lost forever? I have run a command via cmd to ask for my original product key, it pulled it through and after checking it a 3rd party program confirmed that the licence is valid and is OEM. Does this mean I could still be in with a chance at reactivating home?Thanks guys.

:)

TechFan18, Nov 19, 2021

2. Windows Digital licence transfer

PutraNakal, Nov 19, 2021
  3. Windows Digital licence transfer

Hi,

hoping someone can help me. I have significantly upgraded my PC (almost everything apart from BD and case!) and have had to re-install Windows. The digital licence I had associated with the original PC will not install on my new PC and tells me it is
    invalid. From memory the old licence was associated to an old Windows 8.1 licence I bought many years ago.

Is there anyway to utilise the digital licence. The only licence on my account I can use is a licence associated to a laptop that I actively use. Although the old PC is listed as have a digital licence.

Any thoughts or help much appreciated

Thanks

GordonWilkie, Nov 19, 2021
  4. After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

Windows Digital licence transfer

Hi There,

You might want to have a look at this post from microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10738/windows-10-get-help-with-activation-errors

Please let me know if this has helped you. There is a article about Windows 7 as well as win 8.1 as well as windows 10, though you never mentioned whether your goal is to stick on windows 8.1 or upgrade to 10.

Herman Bartie, Nov 19, 2021
Thema:

After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

1. After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence... - Similar Threads - having upgraded home

2. Windows 11 change education licence to home licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 change education licence to home licence: Hi,A few years ago whilst I was at university I bought a windows 10 education licence and installed it on my custom PC. I then upgraded to Windows 11.Recently, I was having lots of issues with Windows and BSOD so I reinstalled windows, before uninstalling I checked the...
  3. Windows 11 change education licence to home licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 change education licence to home licence: Hi,A few years ago whilst I was at university I bought a windows 10 education licence and installed it on my custom PC. I then upgraded to Windows 11.Recently, I was having lots of issues with Windows and BSOD so I reinstalled windows, before uninstalling I checked the...
  4. After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...: Hi guys,I'm thinking of cleaning reinstalling windows 10 home using a USB with the media creation tool. After having upgraded to windows 10 education, I'm not happy with it and regret my decision. Is it too late for me, is my original licence lost forever? I have run a...
  5. After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After having upgraded from windows 10 home to education, will my original digital licence...: Hi guys,I'm thinking of cleaning reinstalling windows 10 home using a USB with the media creation tool. After having upgraded to windows 10 education, I'm not happy with it and regret my decision. Is it too late for me, is my original licence lost forever? I have run a...
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Education to Home??: I installed Windows 10 Education on my new system as I comply with the requirements. When I sign in, I am limited by the number of modifications I can make because of the limitations put in place by my college IT dept. I want to 'upgrade' to Windows 10 Home so I can actually...
  7. Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.

Upgrading from windows 10 home to pro with an old digital licence.: I recently bought a laptop that has windows 10 home pre installed and activated. Some years ago i had a desktop, with windows 10 pro with a digital licence. How can't I upgrade from home to pro? I don't remember what I did with my account, but i did link my Microsoft...
  8. Getting back windows 10 home licence from windows educational

Getting back windows 10 home licence from windows educational: Recently my school has an account for me to login to with the Access work or school and it changed my desktop licence towindows educational. After disconnecting the account my desktop version is stuck with educational with no windows activation. My desktoppreviously has a...
  9. upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence

upgrading to windows 10 home to windows 10 pro with digital licence: hey hi, i have purchased a acer nitro 5 laptop from us which has a pre installed windows 10 home operating system i have done a fresh clean install of windows again ,and got back my licence from digital license and my question is can i upgrade to windows 10 pro with...
  10. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`: I keep getting the error message: Couldn't upgrade your edition, undoing updates. Every time it applies additional features...it stops at 98% and then undoes the changes. Please help. I don't want to reinstall windows just so I could upgrade to Education. Thanks. 30559