Windows 10: After hibernating/sleep my fans go at full speed, and HDD is off

Discus and support After hibernating/sleep my fans go at full speed, and HDD is off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have to force shut down in order to continue. If I hibernate, my PC just resumes correctly. Shut down worked fine last time I checked and this only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mvilcis, Sep 25, 2015.

1. mvilcis Win User

After hibernating/sleep my fans go at full speed, and HDD is off

I have to force shut down in order to continue. If I hibernate, my PC just resumes correctly. Shut down worked fine last time I checked and this only happens on Windows 10.

:)

mvilcis, Sep 25, 2015
  2. zamiere Win User

Asus X555 (X555LN) sleep freeze

After fresh boot sleep and hibernation works.

After a couple hours of works the system sleep freeze. After hibernating the disk turning off but machine is remaining on, LEDs lighting and cooler fans doesn't turn off.

Under Win8.1 with drivers that Asus provided everything's works well.

zamiere, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Laptop suddenly crashing when trying to enter sleep mode

There is in fact an earlier DMP file dated 3 nov which I have uploaded. I think the machine did crash once before but I can’t remember when, it was a one off thing and everything ran perfectly until el 17/11 and now it ALWAYS crashes entering sleep mode.

Some offica updates came in on the 3nov but nothing for Windows OS or driver is listed.

I rebooted the machine, logged in, waited a few minutes and then closed the lid to crash the laptop. The HDD appeared to stop working (from its sound) before the fan kicked in at full speed. There was warm air coming out, so It does seem as though the crash
    is something like a driver locking the CPU at 100%. But there is no DMP file.

I rebooted again and did the same as above only this time instead of closing the lid, I selected sleep from the menu. This time I didn’t hear the HDD stop and its led stayed on as the fan sped up. Still no DMP file.

In fact, the last DMP file is from the morning of the 19/11 and the machine crashed on the 18/11 and a couple of time son the 19/11 as I tried sleep after running sfc. I can however, hibernate.

GS-toshiba laptop, Sep 25, 2015
  4. After hibernating/sleep my fans go at full speed, and HDD is off

Device Manager, Mice, rightclick on HID-compliant, power Management,
    uncheck "allow this device to wake the computer"

(I'm not 100% sure on this but this worked a few months ago. Fans came back on recently, and I see the box became checked again - probably due to a Windows 10 update, so I unchecked it again. So far so good)

bennreaves, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

After hibernating/sleep my fans go at full speed, and HDD is off

1. After hibernating/sleep my fans go at full speed, and HDD is off - Similar Threads - hibernating sleep fans

2. Laptop fans go full speed in minutes than it shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fans go full speed in minutes than it shuts down: Hey there! So, before anyone says it's a heat issue, laptop has been cleaned recently and currently does not have an operating system, I tried to do a clean install of windows 10 but before I can even start the installation, fans go crayz and it shuts down. precisely After a...
  3. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fans started working on full speed in sleep mode: hello everyone,i usually put my laptop in sleep mode because i have to use it everyday.so as usual my laptop was in sleep mode and suddenly fans started working at full speed.when i turned lid up,LED on power button was on but there was nothing on screen.then i hold on the...
  4. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fans started working on full speed in sleep mode: hello everyone,i usually put my laptop in sleep mode because i have to use it everyday.so as usual my laptop was in sleep mode and suddenly fans started working at full speed.when i turned lid up,LED on power button was on but there was nothing on screen.then i hold on the...
  5. fans started working on full speed in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My Laptop Fan Speeds Up After Sleep

My Laptop Fan Speeds Up After Sleep: Hi, I'm using my "Asus UX434FLC" laptop for a couple of months now, but I'm having this issue over the past several days: when I put my laptop in sleep by closing the lid and open it back, fan starts to run at the top speed. This started a couple of days ago and task...
  7. Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Fan Turns Full Speed when Sleep: I noticed my new laptop, Dell Inspiron 5301, turns its fan on at full speed when put to sleep. Turns out, this issue is not specific to my laptop, my friend with an HP laptop also does this. I reached out to Dell Tech Support, they replied to me that this is totally normal...
  8. Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep

Fan runs full speed on waking from sleep or during sleep: New Asus Zen AIO ZN242GD only in service since early January 2020. Since the January 28, 2020 KB4532695 cumulative update, when the PC goes to sleep for an extended period of time a few hours to overnight the cooling fan will either start running full speed while it is still...
  9. fan is running at full speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    fan is running at full speed: I have a problem with a fan because it is running at full speed all the time. It is an old problem which I am unable to fix. I think the OS cannot detect the hardware and force the fan to run at full speed. It is Dell Precision T3500, Windows 10, ver. 10.0.17763. I...
  10. Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Fans of GPU at FULL SPEED: Hi all, I did a clean install of windows 10 about 2 months ago. Everything was fine till all of a sudden I came home one day and found my GPUs fan at full blast making some real good noise. Turned off the computer, checked the card, cleaned it (pressurized air) and put...