Windows 10: After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my...

Discus and support After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As soon i change it back to Auto the laptop finds the network just fine, but it's significantly slower. The smartphone doesn't have that problem at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MMaliczowski, Oct 17, 2021.

1. After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my...

As soon i change it back to Auto the laptop finds the network just fine, but it's significantly slower. The smartphone doesn't have that problem at all.

:)

MMaliczowski, Oct 17, 2021
  2. kylan619 Win User

Connecting to specific WiFi channel?

How do I connect to a specific channel of a WiFi network?

thanks...

-k

kylan619, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 can't see wifi channel 12 or 13

Hi,

For better assistance with your network adapter issue, we suggest contacting Ralink Support. You may ask them for your network adapter's latest driver that will work with Windows 10.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Malacath Win User

After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my...

Windows 10 can't see wifi channel 12 or 13

Since the anniversary update it has been impossible to connect to wifi channels 12 or 13. My laptop can't even see the wifi networks that run on those channels.

I'm in the UK. My laptops regions settings are set to UK and UK English. Also in the UK wifi channels 12 and 13 are perfectly legal and Windows 10 should not be blocking them. My wifi adaptor is also compatible with wifi channels 12 and 13

so this is a windows 10 issue.

I cannot find any setting in windows 10 to change the wifi adaptors region.

I cannot find any obvious setting in the registry either.

I have since put Windows 8.1 back on this laptop which now dual boots between Windows 8.1 and 10.

In Windows 8.1 the laptop can see and connect to networks on wifi channel 12 and 13

In Windows 10 it can't.

How can I fix this?

According to the device manager my network adaptor is a Ralink RT5390R

Malacath, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my...

1. After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my... - Similar Threads - change WIFI channel

2. how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?: WIFI scans for channels and sets "connect automatically" by default. I want the Default to be "NOT connect automatically"That is what I want, note, not necessarily what you think I should want. PleaseI want to choose the one channel I want to connect to.I want other channels...
  3. how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?: WIFI scans for channels and sets "connect automatically" by default. I want the Default to be "NOT connect automatically"That is what I want, note, not necessarily what you think I should want. PleaseI want to choose the one channel I want to connect to.I want other channels...
  4. how to default to NOT auto-connect wifi channels?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my...: As soon i change it back to Auto the laptop finds the network just fine, but it's significantly slower. The smartphone doesn't have that problem at all....
  6. After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After i change my WIFI-channel from Auto to a specific channel 13, to improve my...: As soon i change it back to Auto the laptop finds the network just fine, but it's significantly slower. The smartphone doesn't have that problem at all....
  7. WIFI Channel Selection ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Channel Selection ?: Anybody know who controls the WIFI channel that gets used when a device connects to the Router ? The reason I ask, about a week ago, my laptop which only has WIFI, has had instability in maintaining a connection. It drops out, resets itself and reconnects constantly. The...
  8. Connecting to specific WiFi channel?

Connecting to specific WiFi channel?: How do I connect to a specific channel of a WiFi network? thanks... -k https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-specific-wifi-channel/0eca0764-0c99-41cf-a436-3b8b3ad351a8
  9. change wifi channel

in Windows 10 Customization
    change wifi channel: can anyone guide me on how to change my wifi channel from 1 to something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-wifi-channel/c09b43c0-5e32-43b3-bcb1-2384d6389150
  10. Cannot detect wifi channels 12-13 on 2.4Ghz

Cannot detect wifi channels 12-13 on 2.4Ghz: Hi guys, I have a strange problem with my laptop Dell m3800 with Windows 10 and Dell dw1560 Wifi mini card with Broadcom 94352 chip. I am living in Europe but for some reason my wifi card cannot detect channels 12-13 on 2.4Ghz. I think this is Windows 10 fault because...