Windows 10: After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try

Discus and support After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try2 users appear now i don't understand how and why... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Annoyed_user_22, Nov 22, 2022.

1. After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try

After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try2 users appear now i don't understand how and why because if i check the users in my pc,only my user is shown.i cannot add a screen shoot cause i can't do it in login window .I have tried everything on the net... when i select the first user it's like a shortened username and no password works there.If i select the second user..no problem i can use password or pin. when i remove pin and password request for login , i believe that windows is trying to log the first user.

:)

Annoyed_user_22, Nov 22, 2022

2. Disable autologin with multiple passwordless accounts

Hi, I have a home PC with these accounts:

• 1 local admin account with password
    • 3 local standard accounts without password for family members
    What I want:

• a login screen at each startup, which lets you choose a family member account
    What actually happens:

• windows lets you choose for the first time, but then after turning off from a passwordless account and then turning back on, it autologins with that last used account (undesired in case other family member is at the computer)
    What I tried based on quick research:

1. change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\Device “DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion” from “2” to “0”
    2. start netplwiz
    3. check that "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" is already checked
    4. change the registry back to default
    Best regards,

Muller

MiroslavMuller, Nov 22, 2022
  3. Arul_D Win User
    forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try

1. After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try - Similar Threads - changed Microsoft account

2. I want to change my laptop password with out changing my Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change my laptop password with out changing my Microsoft account password: When ever i try to change my device password, it automatically take me to changing Microsoft account password, can anyone help me with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-my-laptop-password-with-out/b3c32cc6-9e14-4527-9d71-e8327e63ea4c
  3. I cant change my microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change my microsoft account password: I have a microsoft account that i cant remember its password and when i m trying to reset it when i m putting the email to verify that thats the correct one on my email have not been sent any code....
  4. I cant change my microsoft account password

I cant change my microsoft account password: I have a microsoft account that i cant remember its password and when i m trying to reset it when i m putting the email to verify that thats the correct one on my email have not been sent any code....
  5. I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...: I had to have windows reinstalled on my computer because the windows installation was screwed up. I couldn't get into the Settings window. I couldn't type anything in the search window. I get the computer back and there is no loging pin setup. I'm trying to set that up and it...
  6. I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...: I had to have windows reinstalled on my computer because the windows installation was screwed up. I couldn't get into the Settings window. I couldn't type anything in the search window. I get the computer back and there is no loging pin setup. I'm trying to set that up and it...
  7. I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...

8. After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try: After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try2 users appear now i don't understand how and why because if i check the users in my pc,only my user is shown.i cannot add a screen shoot cause i can't do it in login window .I have...
  9. After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try

After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try: After i changed my Microsoft account password my windows will not autologin no mater what i try2 users appear now i don't understand how and why because if i check the users in my pc,only my user is shown.i cannot add a screen shoot cause i can't do it in login window .I have...
  10. I forgot my password on my Microsoft account and I cant change it.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot my password on my Microsoft account and I cant change it.: Hello,I have a problem with my Microsoft windows account and I cant sign into it because I forgot the password. When I click "Forgot my PIN" it says "Just a moment" and loads for 5 seconds then it gets back and every time I do this is always the same. I tried so many...