Windows 10: After I disabled Chrome from startup, it starts up with 8 processes

Discus and support After I disabled Chrome from startup, it starts up with 8 processes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Do I need to ask on a Chrome website? I restarted after making this change. [img] 156353 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ironfist, May 14, 2020.

1. ironfist Win User

After I disabled Chrome from startup, it starts up with 8 processes

Do I need to ask on a Chrome website? I restarted after making this change.

After I disabled Chrome from startup, it starts up with 8 processes [​IMG]

:)

ironfist, May 14, 2020

2. Google chrome starts automatically on windows 10 startup !!

Thank you for the update, Judy.

In this case, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided by
    DaveM121 on this thread. The step provided by DaveM121 will provide you more
    detailed view of apps and processes starting in your system. The said post was marked as the answer and may help in sorting out your issue as well.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 14, 2020
  3. Chrome starts on startup - WINDOWS 10

Hi Andre,

The browser that you are using might be activated at startup of your PC. If you want to disable this browser at startup, we suggest performing these steps:

• Go to task manager by pressing: Ctrl+ Shift+ Esc short key.
    • Click More details when the page appears. It's located at the bottom left of the page.
    • Select Startup on top of the page.
    • Click on the browser that you want to disable.
    • Hit the Disable at the bottom right of the page.

If the issue persist after this procedure, you can uninstall and reinstall the browser.

Let us know if this works for you.

Robert Caw, May 14, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 14, 2020
Thema:

1. After I disabled Chrome from startup, it starts up with 8 processes - Similar Threads - disabled Chrome startup

2. Startup processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup processes: Hi how do I get chrome.exe to be a startup app or program in Task Manager?It used to be in Task Manager under Processes and Startup. Now it doesn't show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-processes/e66beb94-5d2b-463f-ba15-a69e5fa30e25
  3. Startup processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup processes: Hi how do I get chrome.exe to be a startup app or program in Task Manager?It used to be in Task Manager under Processes and Startup. Now it doesn't show up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-processes/e66beb94-5d2b-463f-ba15-a69e5fa30e25
  4. Startup processes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Adobe AcroTray.exe from Starting at Startup: [ATTACH]ActoTray.exe is a service from Adobe Acrobat used for various purposes, including monitoring genuine use of the Adobe Software. However, because the service keeps running in the background, it slows down the Windows Startup and makes PC slow as it takes up CPU...
  6. How do disable Chrome from Windows 10 Startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do disable Chrome from Windows 10 Startup?: How do I disable Chrome after a Windows 10 startup? I've tried disabling it in the task manager but it doesn't exist in the startup tab. submitted by /u/Got69TypesOfMalware [link] [comments]...
  7. Chrome freezing after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome freezing after startup: I have a Surface Book 2 with 16 GB of RAM, and almost every time I turn my computer on, after a few minute of using Google Chrome, the browser completely freezes. Chrome also is relatively slow on my computer and is a little bit glitchy. The freezing mostly only happens right...
  8. How to disable virtual numpad from appearing after start up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable virtual numpad from appearing after start up?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/filipinoRedditor25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5ztca/how_to_disable_virtual_numpad_from_appearing/
  9. Chrome Starts Up (517009)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome Starts Up (517009): I've had a very continuous issue where when I boot up my computer chrome will automatically open up the following page @ https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=517009 How can I get it to stop doing that?...
  10. Enable or Disable Uninstall Apps from Start in Windows 8 and 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Uninstall Apps from Start in Windows 8 and 10: How to: Enable or Disable Uninstall Apps from Start in Windows 8 and 10 How to Enable or Disable Uninstall Apps from Start in Windows 8 and Windows 10 [img] Information If you no longer want or use an app, then you could uninstall the app to remove it and free up...