Windows 10: After I login, it turns into a black screen and refreshes to the lock screen.

Discus and support After I login, it turns into a black screen and refreshes to the lock screen. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just got a PC running Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 so I updated it and then went and logged in with my password, it turned into a black screen and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Patrick Labay, Sep 5, 2020.

1. After I login, it turns into a black screen and refreshes to the lock screen.

I just got a PC running Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 so I updated it and then went and logged in with my password, it turned into a black screen and refreshes to the lock screen.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.

:)

Patrick Labay, Sep 5, 2020

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

After I login, it turns into a black screen and refreshes to the lock screen. [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Sep 5, 2020
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

After I login, it turns into a black screen and refreshes to the lock screen.

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

After I login, it turns into a black screen and refreshes to the lock screen.

1. After I login, it turns into a black screen and refreshes to the lock screen. - Similar Threads - login turns black

2. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  3. No login screen after lock screen black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No login screen after lock screen black screen: I booted up my PC today and the wallpaper has changed to a blank background, when you hit a key to try and go to the login screen it just puts you onto a black screen that never loads, before putting you back on the lock screen.Rebooted pc a few times and from the socket too...
  4. Black Screen After Login

Black Screen After Login: Ok So When I Turn On My Computer I See A Completely Black Screen Except For Microsoft Edge Open On A New Tab I've Also Tried The Following:Opening The Advanced Startup Screen ~10 Times [It Just Appears As A Black Screen]Opening Control Panel [Doesn't Open]Alt-F4 [Doesn't...
  5. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  6. Black screen after lock screen

Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  7. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. After Login Screen Turn Black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Login Screen Turn Black: Hello, I have Facing an issue in window 10. Can anyone help me to solve it permanently? When I login My laptop screen turn black. when I used ALT+CTRL+Delete and then inTask manager Run New task and Put Explorer.exe then display comes. Can anyone solve this problem...
  9. Black screen after lock screen

Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1909 on my PC x64. I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete....
  10. Black screen after lock screen

Black screen after lock screen: Turn on computer and the lock screen appears random photos with trivia. Any mouse click brings up a black screen with the mouse pointer, nothing else displayed. The mouse pointer moves with the mouse, but the login screen never appears. Tried ctrl-alt-del and...