Windows 10: After i make a few changes to my disks now i cant put any shortcuts or new folders on my...

Discus and support After i make a few changes to my disks now i cant put any shortcuts or new folders on my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to fix this ? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenjiCheng2001, Jun 22, 2019.

1. After i make a few changes to my disks now i cant put any shortcuts or new folders on my...

How to fix this ?

After i make a few changes to my disks now i cant put any shortcuts or new folders on my... ea93ebc1-f4d0-4d9e-809b-da32174a90dd?upload=true.jpg

:)

KenjiCheng2001, Jun 22, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jun 22, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 22, 2019
  4. After i make a few changes to my disks now i cant put any shortcuts or new folders on my...

Symlink shortcut changes when folder renamed

Hi Toaster Ghost Burns Bread,

I have recreated your concern by going through these steps. Please let me know if we are on the same understanding about the issue:

1. On the Start menu, I typed %appdata% and then hit
      Enter.
    2. I created a folder under AppData and named it Test.
    3. Right-clicked the newly created folder and select Sent to > Desktop (create a shortcut) to create a shortcut.
    4. Renamed the folder to Test2.
    5. Go to the desktop. Double-clicked the shortcut and it was able to locate the renamed folder. (This is working as designed).

Just to clarify, do you want the shortcut folder to not be able to open/locate the folder when you renamed it?

We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

After i make a few changes to my disks now i cant put any shortcuts or new folders on my...

1. After i make a few changes to my disks now i cant put any shortcuts or new folders on my... - Similar Threads - few changes disks

2. i cant change any of my settings in windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant change any of my settings in windows security: whenever i open windows security the side panel is completely blank. ive tried scanning with malwarebytes, and following lots of youtube tutorials. i do not know if its a virus or just a problem with my computer...
  3. i cant change any of my settings in windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant change any of my settings in windows security: whenever i open windows security the side panel is completely blank. ive tried scanning with malwarebytes, and following lots of youtube tutorials. i do not know if its a virus or just a problem with my computer...
  4. i cant change any of my settings in windows security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I changed the path for my laptop's default Documents folder and now it's a shortcut to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the path for my laptop's default Documents folder and now it's a shortcut to my...: I changed the wrong path for the default Documents folder on my laptop and now when I click on that folder it leads to my Users folder. I checked in Registry Editor but couldn't find the folder. Is there any way I can restore the Documents folder?...
  6. I changed the path for my laptop's default Documents folder and now it's a shortcut to my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed the path for my laptop's default Documents folder and now it's a shortcut to my...: I changed the wrong path for the default Documents folder on my laptop and now when I click on that folder it leads to my Users folder. I checked in Registry Editor but couldn't find the folder. Is there any way I can restore the Documents folder?...
  7. cant make a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant make a new folder: [ATTACH] please help me why did this happen? i cant make a new folder in Documents,Music,picture and videos.When I want to create a new folder what appears is like a picture i shared. Please help me...
  8. Can't make any changes to my disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't make any changes to my disk management: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gitarthak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/himmgk/cant_make_any_changes_to_my_disk_management/
  9. Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop: Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop how can I take my computer back one day tp undo what I did today. Thanks * Moved from IE10/other....
  10. tried to make a new folder to put my wallpapers in, located it on my hdd and now anything i...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    tried to make a new folder to put my wallpapers in, located it on my hdd and now anything i...: can anyone help with this. i’ve been finding different ways to access all my files but i can’t seem to find it. anyone else ever had the same problem? i’m pretty new to using a PC but i’m not completely stupid when it comes to this kinda stuff, i doubt that i’m just being...