Windows 10: After I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the...

Discus and support After I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Normally, when I open a file in the program, edit it and save it, the file's creation date remains the same, and only the modified date and accessed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daily0145, May 13, 2022.

1. Daily0145 Win User

After I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the...

Normally, when I open a file in the program, edit it and save it, the file's creation date remains the same, and only the modified date and accessed date change.However, a problem occurred after I bought an NVME SSD for storage for the purpose of storing files, installed it, and moved the files here.When I open the files on the NVME SSD for storage with a program, edit and save, the file creation date changes to the date the file was saved.Also, this problem only occurs with files stored on the NVME SSD for storage, and files on the NVME SSD for Windows installed with multiple HDDs connected b

:)

Daily0145, May 13, 2022
  2. KeithM Win User

Please give steps to open the paths to Program Files

If you want to open File Explorer to your C: drive without any registry tweaks, you'll need to do so from a shortcut you create.

1. Open File Explorer to This PC.
    2. Right-click Winndows (CAfter I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the... :) and select Create Shortcut:

After I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the... [​IMG]
    3. Clock OK in the altert dialog:

After I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the... [​IMG]
    4. And you'll have a shortcut on your Desktop:

KeithM, May 13, 2022
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, May 13, 2022
  4. Motim Win User

After I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the...

Files Creation Date

Helllo,
    I have several folders with important documents, letters, notes etc. To keep then safe I just copied the several folders to another location (another disc) in the computer. Noticed that all files in the new location got current date as creation date, not as the originals.
    Tried some backup programs, but when they backup / copy the source folders / files to the target location, files creation date is changes to current date.
    Is it possible to do it keeping the original creation date of the files.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

Winver = 1809 17763.864

Motim, May 13, 2022
Thema:

1. After I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the... - Similar Threads - open file program

2. If you make modifications and save the file after the program opens it, the creation date...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If you make modifications and save the file after the program opens it, the creation date...: Windows 10 Home Version : 21H2Translated EnglishNormally, when I open a file in the program, edit it and save it, the file's creation date remains the same, and only the modified date and accessed date change. However, a problem occurred after I bought an NVME SSD for storage...
  3. After I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the...: Normally, when I open a file in the program, edit it and save it, the file's creation date remains the same, and only the modified date and accessed date change.However, a problem occurred after I bought an NVME SSD for storage for the purpose of storing files, installed it,...
  4. After I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After I open the file in the program, when I edit and save it, the creation date of the...: Normally, when I open a file in the program, edit it and save it, the file's creation date remains the same, and only the modified date and accessed date change.However, a problem occurred after I bought an NVME SSD for storage for the purpose of storing files, installed it,...
  5. Creation date of a file

Creation date of a file: I rename in PowerShell an existing file from Syslog.log to SyslogBack.log. The creation date of SyslogBack.log is inherited from Syslog.log which is OK.Now I create a new Syslog.log using the PowerShell cmdlet Add-content.It turns out that Windows did not forget about the...
  6. Creation date of a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creation date of a file: I rename in PowerShell an existing file from Syslog.log to SyslogBack.log. The creation date of SyslogBack.log is inherited from Syslog.log which is OK.Now I create a new Syslog.log using the PowerShell cmdlet Add-content.It turns out that Windows did not forget about the...
  7. Creation date of a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Date modified is changed if I open a write protected .docx file and save a copy for editing.

Date modified is changed if I open a write protected .docx file and save a copy for editing.: My checkbook register is a .docx file that is write-protected. When I need to update the file I open it and save a copy with a different name for editing. My questions are: 1. Why when I view folder contents is the date modified on both the original file and the updated...
  9. Files Creation Date

in Windows 10 Support
    Files Creation Date: Helllo, I have several folders with important documents, letters, notes etc. To keep then safe I just copied the several folders to another location (another disc) in the computer. Noticed that all files in the new location got current date as creation date, not as the...
  10. when i save a file it saves the wrong date

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i save a file it saves the wrong date: The computer is saving the wrong date when I export or have a save-as file. How can I fix this? This is happening on 2 of the computers I bought new at the same time and they are having the same problem. Thanks Linda...