Windows 10: After I.T guy set up printer on wifes work laptop it no longer recognizes Second Monitor

Discus and support After I.T guy set up printer on wifes work laptop it no longer recognizes Second Monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, my wife plugs her work laptop (Lenov ThinkPad) at home in to a Sceptre 34in curved widescreen monitor. It was working find since we got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jsupes, Aug 2, 2020.

1. /u/Jsupes Win User

After I.T guy set up printer on wifes work laptop it no longer recognizes Second Monitor

Hello there, my wife plugs her work laptop (Lenov ThinkPad) at home in to a Sceptre 34in curved widescreen monitor. It was working find since we got the monitor. However just this past week an I.T guy did something when he was installing the printer to her laptop. It will no longer detect the second monitor. I have tried updating display drivers with no success.

When plugged in it shows the option of "rearrange your displays" and shows display 1 and display 2. But when I hit detect it says in red "didn't detect another display" The second monitor just stays in "sleep mode" Note: I can still plug my chromebook in to the second monitor and it works just fine.

Have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling display driver, with no success. I'm not 100% sure if what the I.T guy installed caused the problem but it has never been an issue until he was on it this past week. I appreciate any help in advance. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Jsupes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jsupes, Aug 2, 2020
  2. delpi767 Win User

No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update.

I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one display is shown.

I have confirmed that the monitor works by trying it with another laptop. I have also changed the HDMI cable between the laptop and the external monitor.

Device manager reports that I have the latest display driver installed.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

delpi767, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Laptop no longer connects to printers

Hi

My wife's laptop has been acting up for a while. If it connects up to a printer, wi-fi or cable, it would not always recognize a printer. We just got a new printer and it would not recognize that printer, again wi-fi or cable. What's more, it would not see
    another wi-fi printer we have in the house and when we put back the old printer it would not connect to that one. We also tried a number of print drivers.

Other than the print spooler what other drivers/programs allow the computer to connect with the printer wi-fi And Cable It has no problem with other wi-fi connection issues.

Do you think that I should try the windows repair program? I forget what steps it takes to run the repair application without a CD?

Suggestions?

Latest Windows 10 build on a Dell laptop.

johnkoppms, Aug 2, 2020
  4. After I.T guy set up printer on wifes work laptop it no longer recognizes Second Monitor

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

After I.T guy set up printer on wifes work laptop it no longer recognizes Second Monitor

1. After I.T guy set up printer on wifes work laptop it no longer recognizes Second Monitor - Similar Threads - guy set printer

2. Second monitor no longer connects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor no longer connects: So my second monitor just will not connect thru vga after I did the latest windows update. It was working perfectly fine even while downloading the update but after installing the update and the pc resetting it no longer will connect nor will the pc detect it. I thought that...
  3. Second monitor no longer recognized with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor no longer recognized with Windows 10: I have read through multiple dated threads about external monitors suddenly not being recognized in the device panel. I have a Dell 3780 Inspiron, laptop that is connected via an HDMI cable to an external monitor. I have updated the Intel Driver from Intel, I have gone...
  4. Second monitor not recognized

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not recognized: On an older Dell laptop i clean reinstalled windows 10 build 19041.572 on a new larger ssd. it is attached to a tv with hdmi as a second monitor which was working as expected after the update. I got it all set up but could not get it to allow me to start up without logging...
  5. Second monitor not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor not recognized: On an older Dell laptop i clean reinstalled windows 10 build 19041.572 on a new larger ssd. it is attached to a tv with hdmi as a second monitor which was working as expected after the update. I got it all set up but could not get it to allow me to start up without logging...
  6. setting up a second monitor

setting up a second monitor: I want to see different screens on the monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-second-monitor/78b685e8-8521-4937-9023-572ff24778b7
  7. Does not recognize second monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does not recognize second monitor: Hello. so yesterday my both monitors ware working just fine, I turned my computer off for the night since it's been on for like some 4 days. So i turned my pc back on and they started up how they should, but instead of having 2 monitors it just changed the resolution to...
  8. Recognizing a Second Monitor

Recognizing a Second Monitor: Hello. I recently got a second monitor for my computer. The one I have had is an ASUS monitor, and the new one is a Samsung with 4k resolution. I use two video cards with my setup and I have one monitor plugged into one each (Nvidia Geforce GTX 780). If I open up my driver, I...
  9. Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor

Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor: Have a Razer Blade Stealth laptop and trying to hook up an external monitor to it. Right now it won't detect the Viewsonic VG2228wm-LED monitor that I have tried to hook up. I have tried downloading the drivers from Viewsonic and that didn't do anything. Also updated the...
  10. SECOND MONITOR NOT RECOGNIZED

SECOND MONITOR NOT RECOGNIZED: i HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND A TOSHIBA LAPTOP. ALTHOUGH FOR YEARS MY TOSHIBA RECOGNIZED MY SECOND HP PORTABLE MONITOR, SUDDENLY WHEN I GO TO SETTINGS, DISPLAY I DO NOT SEE THE SECOND PLUG IN MONITOR I USED FOR YEARS....