Windows 10: After I used the AMD cleanup utility to install a new driver the system rebooted like this....

Discus and support After I used the AMD cleanup utility to install a new driver the system rebooted like this.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/l_siau [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/l_siau, Dec 14, 2020.

1. /u/l_siau Win User

After I used the AMD cleanup utility to install a new driver the system rebooted like this....

/u/l_siau, Dec 14, 2020

2. ATI/AMD drivers fail to install

I use the relatively new AMD Cleanup Utility followed by Driver Sweeper, reboot, then run an Analize check in Driver Sweeper for any lingering AMD bits, and it always shows nothing. Then I install the new driver. This method has worked flawlessly.

Frag Maniac, Dec 14, 2020
  3. AMD driver crashing on this page http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us using Microsoft Edge browser

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. I apologies for delay in response. I appreciate your efforts toward fixing the issue. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the below given methods and check if issue persist.

Method 1:

Try installing existing drivers in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the Display (AMD) drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘Properties’
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 2:

I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 14, 2020
  4. After I used the AMD cleanup utility to install a new driver the system rebooted like this....

AMD Software

What is the make & model of your system?

From what you have given and the little research I did, this pertains to your situation:

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Pro... - AMD Community

Essentially, you have an OLD chipset.

"NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver.
    Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

• Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
    • Reboot the system
    • Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU."

Shenan Stanley, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

After I used the AMD cleanup utility to install a new driver the system rebooted like this....

1. After I used the AMD cleanup utility to install a new driver the system rebooted like this.... - Similar Threads - used AMD cleanup

2. Blue Screen after AMD driver installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen after AMD driver installation: Hello,I wanted to install the newest AMD driver for my Radeon RX 570. The driver had to restart the computer, and then I got a blue screen. It says: Inaccessible Boot Device. Since then I cant use my pc anymore. I have windows 10. It started windows repair tools. To do...
  3. Blue Screen after AMD driver installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen after AMD driver installation: Hello,I wanted to install the newest AMD driver for my Radeon RX 570. The driver had to restart the computer, and then I got a blue screen. It says: Inaccessible Boot Device. Since then I cant use my pc anymore. I have windows 10. It started windows repair tools. To do...
  4. Blue Screen after AMD driver installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue Screen after AMD driver installation

6. Black screen after AMD driver install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after AMD driver install.: I recently did a clean Windows install on my old machine. I literally installed only Battlefield 4, Eset and Chrome. I noticed that Windows update also automatically installed AMD Radeon Drivers. After a few days i started seeing some glitches while playing BF4. One day the...
  7. Windows Updates not installing amd System Config Utility not opening whatever I do!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates not installing amd System Config Utility not opening whatever I do!: Hi, I am running Windows 10 1909 edition and cannot update using the app or Windows Update Assistant despite trying now for a good while. Also I have noticed that the system Config App will not open using the msconfig command in the search box, Task Manager, desktop shortcut...
  8. Windows 10 Freezes, then Reboots after log-in AMD System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Freezes, then Reboots after log-in AMD System: I just built a new system today, the components are as listed: Ryzen 5 3600 Strix 470x-f Motherboard 16gb Corsair Dominator Ram Strix 5700XT 750w PSU The first time I installed and booted into windows there was no issue, I updated windows, and installed the driver and...
  9. Installing AMD Drivers....

Installing AMD Drivers....: edit: alwrite so Windows detected my GPU drivers properly, and the main reason I wanted to install AMD's drivers was for CCC so I can enable overscan. Did that by going to the the Apps folder, and the CCC2 folder, and the "core" folder inside to get CCC. It seems compadible...
  10. New AMD drivers, Cool!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New AMD drivers, Cool!: I just got a driver update for my AMD Radeon HD 7670M today directly through my Windows Update process. That's something new and cool. Anyone else get it? 34162

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd cleanup utility stuck