Windows 10: After I wake my computer from Sleep on Windows 11, the Calculator automatically opens on...

Discus and support After I wake my computer from Sleep on Windows 11, the Calculator automatically opens on... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 10, and this situation never happened there. I tried both Repair and Reset on the app, but the app still opens when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BHR000, May 29, 2024.

1. BHR000 Win User

After I wake my computer from Sleep on Windows 11, the Calculator automatically opens on...

I just upgraded from Windows 10, and this situation never happened there. I tried both Repair and Reset on the app, but the app still opens when the computer wakens.

:)

BHR000, May 29, 2024
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this and thank you for providing the all information. I understand that the PC wakes up automatically when you put the computer to sleep mode.

As per the description it could be that the task is set to wake up the computer when it gets triggered, we can change the settings from Task Scheduler and see if that resolves it.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type taskschd.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Now, expand Task Scheduler Library and navigate to
      Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator
    4. On the right pane double click on Universal Orchestrator Start and click
      Conditions tab.
    5. Clear the checkbox for Wake the computer to run this task.
    6. Click on OK.

This should not wake the computer automatically after you put the computer to sleep.

Let us know the results, we will certainly help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 29, 2024
  3. John Sarc Win User
    computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, May 29, 2024
  4. After I wake my computer from Sleep on Windows 11, the Calculator automatically opens on...

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 29, 2024
Thema:

After I wake my computer from Sleep on Windows 11, the Calculator automatically opens on...

1. After I wake my computer from Sleep on Windows 11, the Calculator automatically opens on... - Similar Threads - wake computer Sleep

2. After I wake my computer from Sleep on Windows 11, the Calculator automatically opens on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After I wake my computer from Sleep on Windows 11, the Calculator automatically opens on...: I just upgraded from Windows 10, and this situation never happened there. I tried both Repair and Reset on the app, but the app still opens when the computer wakens....
  3. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  4. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning: Hello,every morning at 5:26 my computer wakes up from hibernation. But I'm not sure why this happens. I tried:> powercfg -devicequery wake_armedNONE>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0I looked at Task Scheduler Library, but there...
  5. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every morning

6. Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.: Hello, I have been having issues with my windows installation for quite a while now. Running on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22000. I have created a new power plan, removed all power control for USBs to sleep and still when I move the mouse or keyboard, the computer tries to wake up,...
  7. Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.

Windows 11 Computer will not wake from sleep.: Hello, I have been having issues with my windows installation for quite a while now. Running on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22000. I have created a new power plan, removed all power control for USBs to sleep and still when I move the mouse or keyboard, the computer tries to wake up,...
  8. My computer will not wake from sleep.

My computer will not wake from sleep.: I have a Envy x360. It does not wake from sleep. I have tried resetting power options and nothing seems to work. I also do not have all available power options. If I put my computer to sleep, it basically locks up. In order to wake it, I have to hold the power button down for...
  9. Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night

Computer wakes from sleep automatically every night: I put my computer to sleep before going to bed, but the signon screen is brightly lit every morning. Furthermore, when I launch Windows Update, it never seems to finish searching for new updates. In searching for a cause of the waking, I have come across the following...
  10. computer automatically wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    computer automatically wakes up from sleep: Hi. I've searched the board and found many similar problems to mine, but nothing exactly like it, and as such I haven't been able to fix it. When put in sleep mode, my computer automatically wakes up at a set time. I have disabled wake timers in the power menu, I have...