Windows 10: After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet...

Discus and support After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We are trying to roll out MECM imaging across our business and are currently testing how it works. We are able to image a PC using MECM with 22H2 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richard Swales, May 26, 2023.

1. After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet...

We are trying to roll out MECM imaging across our business and are currently testing how it works. We are able to image a PC using MECM with 22H2 but every time when they boot to the OS for the first time we see the "Oops, You've Lost Internet Connection" screen. Clicking retry just loops us back to this screen once it tries to connect to look for updates. Looking at our internal firewall there are loads of IPs being blocked, but nowhere can we find a list of URLs/FQDNs to allow though our firewall and we don't really want to unblock these random IPs some of which are not Microsoft at all, plu

:)

Richard Swales, May 26, 2023
  2. Andy Ngai Win User

MECM/SCCM Compliance Settings create Configuration Items and Configuration Baselines via Script(PowerShell and/or VB Script )

Server Version: MECM 2107

Client Version: Windows 10 2004

Target :Uninstall Apps via compliance Settings MECM/SCCM

Challenge: the app called YouDao Dictionary(Chinese to English Dictionary) which installed for per user instead of local machine (like MS TEAMS)

Solutions:

After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet... 43edec9d-8b26-4980-a59a-8547cf0e45bb?upload=true.png

After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet... 69ba03b2-ef2b-4b96-bbbb-2ebc4d8e1dfe?upload=true.png

I am using PowerShell as Discovery script

------------------------------------------------

if((test-path "HKCU:\SOFTWARE\Youdao\Dict") -eq $true)

{Write-Output $true

}

else

{

Write-Output $false

}

-------------------------------------------------

VBScript as remediation

-------------------------------------------

Set x=createobject("wscript.shell")

x.run "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Youdao\Dict\Application\uninst.exe"

wscript.sleep 1000

x.sendkeys "{enter}"

wscript.sleep 1000

x.sendkeys "{enter}"

Wscript.sleep 3000

x.sendkeys "{enter}"

Wscript.sleep 1000

x.sendkeys "{enter}"

Wscript.sleep 1000

x.sendkeys "{enter}"

-------------------------------------------

Because it's installed for per user installed of local machine we should use %USERNAME%

When uninstalling it the popup windows showing next, next, next so we can send enter key via VBScript to finish all steps for us

After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet... cb5517e5-3ad9-493f-bc2c-f86e9c2bd91a?upload=true.png

If we find the path(Youdao\Dict) that means Youdao Dictionary has been installed so we should uninstall it via MECM/SCCM I also found YouDao has Uninstall String but we can uninstall it silently(haven't /s /q parameter ) so I try to using VBScript to send Enter key for zero touch uninstallation(Required Admin privilege or it will popup UAC)

Problem: I tested all script and worked locally but when I executed it MECM/SCCM I can't uninstall it as expected

After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet... 6a8ffe48-8df4-47cc-8b94-be2830f51c26?upload=true.png

After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet... 5a790ccf-5a51-4ae8-8646-0053728639f8?upload=true.png

Question:

1.Can we using PowerShell as Discovery script and VBScript for remediation? (Or it must be PowerShell and PowerShell or VBScript and VBScript)

2. How Can I execute PowerShell if included %USERNAME%? I also tried Cscript.exe to execute VBScript via PowerShell

3.Any logs I can check from Server side or Client for Compliance Settings?

4.Any alternative method to achieve my goal?

Thanks you in advance!

Andy Ngai, May 26, 2023
  3. Vaelyn5 Win User
    SCCM updates internet downloads location

I need to white list the URLs and IPs in our firewall that SCCM reaches out to to download the patch updates each month. The download wizard only says 'download from the internet'. Does anyone know the exact URLs and/or IPs that SCCM reaches out to?

Vaelyn5, May 26, 2023
  4. After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet...

SCCM (WSUS) not showing recent updates but no error.

Hi,

I've seen that the KB502004 for Windows 11 22H2 is absent from the update list of my SCCM (and WSUS).

There is no bugs or error in updates synchronisation (I have other updates from today).

Is there a delay in some updates to SCCM ?

Thanks !

Arnaud T.., May 26, 2023
Thema:

After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet...

1. After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet... - Similar Threads - Imaging PCs 22h2

2. SCCM reports Windows 11 workstations as Windows 10. Can MECM / SCCM be updated to report...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCCM reports Windows 11 workstations as Windows 10. Can MECM / SCCM be updated to report...: In MECM console version 5.2207.1048.1700, when I go to the properties of the computer or try to produce a report for the PC`s OS, there is no option to see Windows 11 PCs. They all show up as Windows 10 PCs.I understand this is by design to keep the software compatible...
  3. SCCM reports Windows 11 workstations as Windows 10. Can MECM / SCCM be updated to report...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCCM reports Windows 11 workstations as Windows 10. Can MECM / SCCM be updated to report...: In MECM console version 5.2207.1048.1700, when I go to the properties of the computer or try to produce a report for the PC`s OS, there is no option to see Windows 11 PCs. They all show up as Windows 10 PCs.I understand this is by design to keep the software compatible...
  4. After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Imaging PCs with 22h2 via MECM/SCCM the OS gets stuck on "Oops, You've Lost Internet...: We are trying to roll out MECM imaging across our business and are currently testing how it works. We are able to image a PC using MECM with 22H2 but every time when they boot to the OS for the first time we see the "Oops, You've Lost Internet Connection" screen. Clicking...
  5. MECM/SCCM - Deployment Packages Failing to Distribute - CSendFileAction::SendFiles failed...

MECM/SCCM - Deployment Packages Failing to Distribute - CSendFileAction::SendFiles failed...: Hi all,I have seen loads of forum posts with this issue with various answers to the problem - all of which I have tried which don't seem to resolve the issue.We are intermittently having an issues with distributing our Deployment Packages - the main culprit for this has been...
  6. MECM/SCCM - Deployment Packages Failing to Distribute - CSendFileAction::SendFiles failed...

MECM/SCCM - Deployment Packages Failing to Distribute - CSendFileAction::SendFiles failed...: Hi all,I have seen loads of forum posts with this issue with various answers to the problem - all of which I have tried which don't seem to resolve the issue.We are intermittently having an issues with distributing our Deployment Packages - the main culprit for this has been...
  7. MECM/SCCM Compliance Settings create Configuration Items and Configuration Baselines via...

MECM/SCCM Compliance Settings create Configuration Items and Configuration Baselines via...: Server Version: MECM 2107Client Version: Windows 10 2004Target :Uninstall Apps via compliance Settings MECM/SCCMChallenge: the app called YouDao DictionaryChinese to English Dictionary which installed for per user instead of local machine like MS TEAMSSolutions:I am using...
  8. MECM/SCCM Compliance Settings create Configuration Items and Configuration Baselines via...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MECM/SCCM Compliance Settings create Configuration Items and Configuration Baselines via...: Server Version: MECM 2107Client Version: Windows 10 2004Target :Uninstall Apps via compliance Settings MECM/SCCMChallenge: the app called YouDao DictionaryChinese to English Dictionary which installed for per user instead of local machine like MS TEAMSSolutions:I am using...
  9. MECM/SCCM Compliance Settings create Configuration Items and Configuration Baselines via...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. SCCM / MECM issues? Management point/State migration point Critical?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SCCM / MECM issues? Management point/State migration point Critical?: Hi all- I have a Critical error on my Management and State migration Point. I've tried restarting the server. That didn't help with the issue. I've also seen many people just uninstall the roll and then re-install. Wondering if this is what most people would do for a issue...