Windows 10: After implementing KB5020276 March,16 I'm still not able to re-join the PC to the domain

Discus and support After implementing KB5020276 March,16 I'm still not able to re-join the PC to the domain in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I've proceeded step by step with all instructions regarding KB5020276:Install March,16 updates on all Domain ControllerInstall March,16 updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Szymon Masłowski, Mar 27, 2023.

1. After implementing KB5020276 March,16 I'm still not able to re-join the PC to the domain

Hello,I've proceeded step by step with all instructions regarding KB5020276:Install March,16 updates on all Domain ControllerInstall March,16 updates on the test workstationSet up new GPO setting as per documentation - settings taken by all DCsEnsured that NetJoinLegacyAccountReuse was not set in the registryBut still, I'm getting the error that accounts re-use is blocked by the security policyI've also checked NetSetup.log file and the output is quite strange:IsLegacyAccountReuseSetInRegistry: RegQueryValueEx for 'NetJoinLegacyAccountReuse' returned Status: 0x2.IsLegacyAccountReuseSetInRegist

:)

Szymon Masłowski, Mar 27, 2023

2. Active Directory - Joining With Preexisting Computer Object (Post KB5020276)

With KB5020276, our team members are no longer able to join objects to the domain that were created by privileged team members.

We have two groups: 'Admins' and 'Technicians', our Admins have permission to create Computer objects, and will create preexisting computer objects in the proper OU's, adding the Technicians group to the 'User or Group' that 'can join this computer to a domain'. When imaging, our Technicians will join the computer to the domain. However, with the KB5020276 update, now only the creator of the OU is currently able to join the computer.

Is there an additional setting necessary so our techs can join computers to the domain?

Christian Farley1, Mar 27, 2023
  3. Join Workplace on Domain PC

Hi Harish,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that the domain joined computer is prompting a notification related to Workplace Join. In this case, let me help to point you in the right direction where you should get the appropriate assistance for issues related to domain environment.

I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet Forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of professionals to help you with queries related to Workplace Join.

Meanwhile, if it may help, you can check the following documents.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 27, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

After implementing KB5020276 March,16 I'm still not able to re-join the PC to the domain

Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain  

@rseiler,

I just finished clean installing Windows 10 Enterprise build 17093 in a VM using a local account, and it still has the same steps in the tutorial for me.

Is your PC already joined to a domain?

After implementing KB5020276 March,16 I'm still not able to re-join the PC to the domain 176839d1518466088-join-windows-10-pc-domain-domain.jpg

Brink, Mar 27, 2023
Thema:

After implementing KB5020276 March,16 I'm still not able to re-join the PC to the domain

1. After implementing KB5020276 March,16 I'm still not able to re-join the PC to the domain - Similar Threads - implementing KB5020276 March

2. Audio is not working after joining the domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is not working after joining the domain: Hello Everyone,I'm following CIS MSServer 2022 Benchmark and applied some policy but not all.After completed all benchmark, then tried to join a clientPC to a domain, after joining the domain the policy take effect, and one of my problem is my audio is not working.Try to set...
  3. Audio is not working after joining the domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is not working after joining the domain: Hello Everyone,I'm following CIS MSServer 2022 Benchmark and applied some policy but not all.After completed all benchmark, then tried to join a clientPC to a domain, after joining the domain the policy take effect, and one of my problem is my audio is not working.Try to set...
  4. After implementing KB5020276 March,16 I'm still not able to re-join the PC to the domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After implementing KB5020276 March,16 I'm still not able to re-join the PC to the domain: Hello,I've proceeded step by step with all instructions regarding KB5020276:Install March,16 updates on all Domain ControllerInstall March,16 updates on the test workstationSet up new GPO setting as per documentation - settings taken by all DCsEnsured that...
  5. Joining the pc to domain issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Joining the pc to domain issues: Hi In our company ,when we join the pc to domain then user login with is credentials getting error that search & windows option is not getting and after restart the pc getting error black screen.please let me know solution for this....
  6. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  7. Non Domain Joined PC Not Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non Domain Joined PC Not Updating: Unable to get non-domain computers to connect to and update using internal WSUS server. Domain computers are working fine, but when the non-domain computers try to update after changing local gpo to point to WSUS server, it says "We couldn't connect to the update service....
  8. PC on Domain prompted to Join workplace

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC on Domain prompted to Join workplace: Hi All, All PC's in my organization are connected to a Domain. Last week, one of my user was prompted with the following screen " Windows saves your account and makes it easier to sign up for apps and websites. So you do not have to enter your password every time you...
  9. Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?: Can the same PC have one account set up that's domain-joined (to work), and another personal account that's NOT domain-joined? I'm guessing the answer is more likely no, since domain seems to be a machine-level and not an account-level setting. What I'd like to be able to...
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain: How to: Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain How to Join a Windows 10 PC to a Local Active Directory Domain A network based on a Domain provides centralized administration of the entire network from a single computer which is called a server. A Domain provides single user...