Windows 10: After in place repair update most non-MS folders are generic yellow?

Discus and support After in place repair update most non-MS folders are generic yellow? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 ver 21H1 Build 19043.1052 I did a successful Windows Update Repair in Place on two Windows 10 Pro computers. Both were stuck on some update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mlg, Jun 20, 2021.

1. MLG
    mlg Win User

After in place repair update most non-MS folders are generic yellow?

Windows 10 ver 21H1 Build 19043.1052 I did a successful Windows Update Repair in Place on two Windows 10 Pro computers. Both were stuck on some update and I couldn't make the specific fixes recommended work. The repairs were surprisingly successful without any problems or major losses. Both are now updating as they should. But one thing happened which I'm finding very annoying. Most program folders that hold non-Microsoft programs are generic yellow folders. Before the repair and updates almost all these folders were shown with the expected icon of the program inside. I don't know how to find all the program icons and therefore can't easily go into "customize" and change the icon back. Can I find these icons somewhere on or off my machine? I did do a cleanup of files after the repair as per Brink's Repair In Place tutorial. Oddly, the repair update did keep icons I created myself for specific folders but not the ones installed when the various programs were installed. Thank for suggestions

:)

2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

folder ''my places''

Hi,

This issue might be a possible system generated folders. We need to ask you a few questions for us to better assist you. Please answer the following information:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue (updates, software installations, etc.)?
    • Does it have a sub folder after you click the "My places" folder? If yes, is it your files?
    • What is the file size of this folder?

We suggest that you run a full scan on your device to repair and detect a possible missing folders or viruses.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ryan Mon1, Jun 20, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

Multiple troubleshooting steps had failed to fix net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.
    And multiple in place upgrades failed.

Modifications were made on each in place upgrade.
    The last one fixed the net framework, scannow, and restorehealth problems.

The computer is functioning normally now except for these 5 Windows updates.

Had the in place upgrade failed I was planning to custom install.
    This requires reinstallation of drivers and applications.

With the last in place working I was considering another in place upgrade repair.

What repair methods are you suggesting that were not already performed after the last in place upgrade repair?

zbook, Jun 20, 2021
  4. After in place repair update most non-MS folders are generic yellow?

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

After in place repair update most non-MS folders are generic yellow?

1. After in place repair update most non-MS folders are generic yellow? - Similar Threads - place repair update

2. MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder: I run Mac OS Ventura 13.5.1. I recently had to recover from a crash so everything has been reinstalled. All the MS apps have also been updated. I am using MS Word version 16.76.1 licensed for home use. To my utter horror when I drop ANY file into ANY folder it disappears. I...
  3. MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word documents VANISH when placed in a folder, any folder: I run Mac OS Ventura 13.5.1. I recently had to recover from a crash so everything has been reinstalled. All the MS apps have also been updated. I am using MS Word version 16.76.1 licensed for home use. To my utter horror when I drop ANY file into ANY folder it disappears. I...
  4. Yellow Screen After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Screen After Update: I updated my Surface Pro 8 because it has auto updates on, but now the screen is yellow tinted. Night mode/any screen view that would make this is off. I tried to go through device manager and update the display, but it says it's up to date....
  5. Yellow Screen After Update

Yellow Screen After Update: I updated my Surface Pro 8 because it has auto updates on, but now the screen is yellow tinted. Night mode/any screen view that would make this is off. I tried to go through device manager and update the display, but it says it's up to date....
  6. In-place repair not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-place repair not working: Unable to do in-place repair in my Windows. I dont everything that I can to recover my current windows since its not performing properly. I want to perform in-place repair as my last resort but it is not loading at all. Im on the download process and its not moving. When I...
  7. In-place repair not working

In-place repair not working: Unable to do in-place repair in my Windows. I dont everything that I can to recover my current windows since its not performing properly. I want to perform in-place repair as my last resort but it is not loading at all. Im on the download process and its not moving. When I...
  8. In-place repair not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Troubleshoot Windows updates after an in place upgrade repair: Today an in place upgrade was performed without updates: 18363.1139 ----------> 18363.418 ----------> including some manual updates18363.1316 The computer is not installing the updates after the repair. It's taking a lot of time to manually install them using the...
  10. repair loop after most recent update - encrypted hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    repair loop after most recent update - encrypted hard drive: Hi all, would really appreciate some help with this problem! I have an HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 installed and a whole-disk Veracrypt encryption. In the past, I have had issues booting correctly after updates, and I thought that I had disabled automatic updates,...