Windows 10: After infection system won‘t reboot

Discus and support After infection system won‘t reboot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, a Win10 laptop was infected (no 3rd party AV used). The malware could not be removed (uninstall via Apps and Malwarebytes) and Windows refused to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mgasperl, Aug 28, 2019.

1. mgasperl Win User

After infection system won‘t reboot

Hi,

a Win10 laptop was infected (no 3rd party AV used). The malware could not be removed (uninstall via Apps and Malwarebytes) and Windows refused to reboot.

Since Microsoft decided that Safe Mode has to be started from a fully functional system via settings (*facepalm*) it got useless. And I could not find the Reset your PC button. It doesn‘t show after booting from a Win10 Setup CD either. As expected no other repair option works.

What would you recommend to rescue the system without loosing data?

PS:

And MS, it would make sense to have at least a rescue system again. MacOS Recovery can be started without CD or stick (even with an empty drive, over internet) and MacOS can be completely reinstalled without losing data or settings from recovery mode(!). I hope this will also be possible with Windows some day ... but I fear you‘ll have to rewrite it from ground up to accomplish that.

:)

mgasperl, Aug 28, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. bruinator Win User
    steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Aug 28, 2019
  4. After infection system won‘t reboot

my n97 won t charge or connect

when i put a usb on my n97 it won t charge when i put on the computer it won t say nokia pc suite or else it not reading the usb cannot work on my phone plz hel

karim71---01, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

After infection system won‘t reboot

1. After infection system won‘t reboot - Similar Threads - infection system won‘t

2. My system is infected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My system is infected: A. UserReplied on April 27, 2020ReplyIn reply to Reza Ameri's post on April 15, 2020My device was hijacked using WMI Window Management Instrumentation. An attacker controls everything using VBS scripts.I have never been connected to any work network.I connected to the...
  3. Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown: I went out to run my desktop all day after turning it on in the morning. When I came back at night, I found that the screen seemed to be stuck. Neither wired mouse nor the wired keyboard worked tested with other mouse and keyboard, but I could adjust the brightness of the...
  4. Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown: I went out to run my desktop all day after turning it on in the morning. When I came back at night, I found that the screen seemed to be stuck. Neither wired mouse nor the wired keyboard worked tested with other mouse and keyboard, but I could adjust the brightness of the...
  5. Alienware desktop won‘t turn on after being forced to shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. System Infected with Virus

System Infected with Virus: hello one of my friends system hacked by a virus that locked all his files and folders.the system slowed down and keeps restarting by itself.is there anyway to fix it without having to delete everything?[Original Title: system hacked]...
  7. I believe my system is infected

I believe my system is infected: So as of right now I don't know if I've been infected or not. I have reinstalled Win10 multiple times. The first time my laptop seemed to be stuck running in 32 bit mode no matter what program I was using. I have seen instances of odd little visual glitches, and when I reset...
  8. My System is infected

My System is infected: So my old pc was ratted so I factory rest it 2-3 times and ran malware bytes and it still seems to be ratted is there anything I can do to make sure that its 100% off? [Original Title: ratting]...
  9. Missing operating system after rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing operating system after rebooting: Windows 10 was acting uggiah, so i hit reatart, during restart, it said something went wrong and we are collecting data, now i get missing opperating system. This was an esucational version i downloaded from my university so it has no repair dvd. What do i need to do? Bios...
  10. Infected operating system warning

Infected operating system warning: A message has come up: Attention! Infected operating system (4) viruses and your system damaged. It is necessary to clean the system from viruses as quickly as possible. Do not ignore this warning There is an OK tab in the dialogue box to click and a screen behind...