Windows 10: After InPlace Upgrade (Windows 7 to 1803) screensaver not working

Discus and support After InPlace Upgrade (Windows 7 to 1803) screensaver not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a screensaver created with a flash (swf) animaton. At loggin screen (session close), in Windows 7 its works. works also when session open (lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonathanBerg, Mar 6, 2019.

1. After InPlace Upgrade (Windows 7 to 1803) screensaver not working

I have a screensaver created with a flash (swf) animaton. At loggin screen (session close), in Windows 7 its works. works also when session open (lock session).

After the Windows 10 InPlace Upgrade (Windows 7 to 1803), the screensaver only works if a session is open (lock). If Windows session is closed, when the screensaver try to start I have the message: "Exception EOleSysError in module SQ_2011_07.scr at 000779B9. Access denied "

After InPlace Upgrade (Windows 7 to 1803) screensaver not working 042fde7f-e02a-4dce-8d85-36371eda4232?upload=true.png

But, if I install Windows 10 1803 from scratch, my screensaver works (session open or close).

Someone can help me ?

:)

JonathanBerg, Mar 6, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.After InPlace Upgrade (Windows 7 to 1803) screensaver not working :)

terrace, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Google Photos Screensaver not working on Windows 10 after upgrade

I recently upgraded a computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Prior to upgrading, the Google Photos Screensaver (included in the Picasa install) worked fine. However, following the upgrade, the screensaver fails to work. I have checked that it is still setup to work in the Screen Saver Settings window. On that window, if I click on preview, the screens flicker, go black for a minute, and then return to the way they had been before after a few seconds. And the screensaver never activates.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Picasa, didn't help.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Yaakov Ellis, Mar 6, 2019
  4. After InPlace Upgrade (Windows 7 to 1803) screensaver not working

Windows 7 Lover's Club: For Those Who Like Windows 7 As Opposed To Windows 8

Description:
    • For anyone who likes Windows 7 as opposed to Windows 8 and wants to keep Windows 7 and not upgrade to Windows 8.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Love or Like Windows 7 much more than Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

After InPlace Upgrade (Windows 7 to 1803) screensaver not working

1. After InPlace Upgrade (Windows 7 to 1803) screensaver not working - Similar Threads - InPlace Upgrade 1803

2. how to perform inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to perform inplace upgrade: steps to perform inplace upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-inplace-upgrade/f471becf-0e2b-45f3-b8eb-dc7b7deda5ed
  3. how to perform inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to perform inplace upgrade: steps to perform inplace upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-perform-inplace-upgrade/f471becf-0e2b-45f3-b8eb-dc7b7deda5ed
  4. Problem with the repair inplace upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the repair inplace upgrade: Hi there , one hour ago , i decided to do a inplace repair upgrade because i had so many problems with my OS. So now i am in the win 10 installation but its been an 1hour and half that my win 10 installation is stuck at 0% and i literally found out that i didnt lose space at...
  5. Inplace Upgrade Needed

Inplace Upgrade Needed: I was online with Office Technical Assist this afternoon. The technician told me that I need to contact the Windows Team to have Inplace Upgrade. I cannot do this myself. Please call me at 414-351-3059...
  6. Windows inplace upgrade

Windows inplace upgrade: when doing an inplace upgrade ,will it move all my apps into one file or does my desktop and start menu stay the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-inplace-upgrade/0d185d82-6989-43e2-b128-0a923556d10e
  7. Inplace Upgrade from 1803 to 1909 fails on multiple PCs

Inplace Upgrade from 1803 to 1909 fails on multiple PCs: Hello, I am currently trying to upgrade multiple devices from Windows 10 1803 to 1909. I have already done that on some and it worked and now after some weeks it doesnt work at all on any pc. I have uninstalled the antivirus system and .NET Framework before doing the...
  8. Inplace upgrade from Win 7

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inplace upgrade from Win 7: Has anybody had difficulty upgrading to 10 1809? I have been working an MDT task sequence (from SCCM) and I have had a really difficult time upgrading to it. There’s been many installs that go about 90% through and then rollback. For some reason 1709 has a much better success...
  9. Windows 10 inplace upgrade failing

Windows 10 inplace upgrade failing: Hello All, Im in the process of updating our win 7 machines to Win 10 using the media creation tool. For the most part im being successful. However, every now and then Im getting an error saying "This PC cant be upgraded to Windows 10". [ATTACH] Now I've had this on a...
  10. Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working properly after upgrade to 1803: After upgrade to 1803 my microphone is not working properly. I googeld and found many times this answer: Hit Windows key and search for "microphone privacy settings" Hit "Allow access to the microphone on this device" Switch "Allow apps to access your microphone" to ON...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after upgrade to 1803 screen saver stops worked

2. windows 7 to 1903 inplace upgrade