Windows 10: After inserting new cartridges my HP printer will not print black, can you help?

Discus and support After inserting new cartridges my HP printer will not print black, can you help? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After inserting new cartridges my HP printer will not print black, can you help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatriciaPulaski569, Jun 9, 2020.

1. After inserting new cartridges my HP printer will not print black, can you help?

After inserting new cartridges my HP printer will not print black, can you help?

:)

PatriciaPulaski569, Jun 9, 2020
  2. DorisR-L Win User

My HP 6520 color printer no longer prints black (wasted 2 new ink cartridges). It will print in color! How to change?

Can one change the font color for EVERYTHING.

My HP 6520 color printer no longer prints black (wasted 2 new ink cartridges). It will print in color!

DorisR-L, Jun 16, 2020
  3. HP Deskject Printer won't print in black

I reinstalled software and drivers successfully. Running various tests, I am getting mixed results.

Test print from HP printer install wizard. . . is in black and white

Test print from HP print and scan doctor is not in black and white

Test print from printer properties is in black and white

Document print is not in black and white.

I resolved the issue. For some reason my genuine HP 60 print cartridge was the issue. Almost empty, I've left them in before without a problem. Once I replaced cartridge, everything now printing correctly in black and white.

JCarroll95, Jun 16, 2020
  4. After inserting new cartridges my HP printer will not print black, can you help?

want to print using black cartridge only

What is the make and model of your printer and your Windows operating system?

If you have a HP printer, for example, see the instructions in the HP support article
    HP Inkjet Printers - Printing with Black Ink Only (Windows). That article notes that if you choose to print in "greyscale" that you are
    actually using a mix of black and colour inks to produce a high quality black printout. There are also several printer models that still require you to have a colour ink cartridge(s) installed, even if you choose "black & white" to print
    with the black ink cartridge only, and the printer will fail to pass a hardware test when it's powered up if the colour ink cartridge(s) is removed.

Great White North, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

After inserting new cartridges my HP printer will not print black, can you help?

1. After inserting new cartridges my HP printer will not print black, can you help? - Similar Threads - inserting cartridges printer

2. Printer will not print colour. New Cartridge installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer will not print colour. New Cartridge installed: I have recently installed a new Colour cartridge in my HP ENVY 4527 printer, but it still only prints B&W. Have tried several suggestions but no change. My IT skills are limited. Can you help?...
  3. Printer will not print colour. New Cartridge installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer will not print colour. New Cartridge installed: I have recently installed a new Colour cartridge in my HP ENVY 4527 printer, but it still only prints B&W. Have tried several suggestions but no change. My IT skills are limited. Can you help?...
  4. Printer will not print colour. New Cartridge installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My HP 2514 printer will not print, but says cartridge missing -tri color., but will not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP 2514 printer will not print, but says cartridge missing -tri color., but will not...: My HP 2514 printer will not print but says cartridge missing -tri color. I have not used a color cartridge for 5 years or so and have just had a black cartridge in the printer. All of a sudden, it will not print and sends the Ink Cartridge missing message. Prior to it sending...
  6. Printing with black cartridge only

Printing with black cartridge only: Hi, I was using printer and it stopped saying colour cartridge was empty. I went into maintenance and changed the ink details to use the black cartridge only but after trying several times it won't print. it just keep repeating the colour cartridge is empty. i removed the...
  7. Printer will not print after replacing color ink cartridge.

Printer will not print after replacing color ink cartridge.: My hp2130 deskjet will not print. I installed a new color cartridge and got one picture printed last night, but today it flashes as though it is out of ink, and the printer will not print at all. I tried another new cartridge but it didn't do any good. Tried turning the...
  8. HP inkjet printer cartridges

HP inkjet printer cartridges: I have just installed new HP ink cartridges into my HP Officejet 6500 Model E709n printer and keep getting an error message saying inkjet failure on the printer and it asks me to turn off and then back on, which i have done several times, including taking plug out of wall...
  9. HP Photosmart 7520 Printer will not print after changing to new cartridges

HP Photosmart 7520 Printer will not print after changing to new cartridges: I have an HP Photosmart 7520 printer that I just replaced all 5 cartridges with new ones and now it will not print except for the blue ink. Any thoughts?...
  10. My printer will only print in color, not in black. I recently changed the cartridge.

My printer will only print in color, not in black. I recently changed the cartridge.: My printer will only print in color, not in black. I recently changed the cartridge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/prrinter/d2428ba9-45cc-45da-8fef-fda2ba71199b