Windows 10: After install fresh Win10 keyboard and touchpad not working

Discus and support After install fresh Win10 keyboard and touchpad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When i install a fresh Win10x64Pro and install all drivers after reboot my keyboard and touchpad not working? Laptop not desktop HP Pavilion 15 d051su... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ivanoff, Aug 4, 2019.

1. ivanoff Win User

After install fresh Win10 keyboard and touchpad not working

When i install a fresh Win10x64Pro and install all drivers after reboot my keyboard and touchpad not working? Laptop not desktop HP Pavilion 15 d051su

:)

ivanoff, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Problem trackpad and keyboard sometimes don't work at startup.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad and Keyboard drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad and Keyboard drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.

• Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.

• Select the option to Delete driver software.

• Follow the same steps to uninstall keyboard driver.

• Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and keyboard drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 4, 2019
  4. After install fresh Win10 keyboard and touchpad not working

Touchpad not working after Windows 10 installment

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to update the drivers and check if the issue persists.

• Update the Touchpad Driver.
    • Press Windows + x key together and select Device Manager.
    • Locate the Touchpad Driver.
    • Right click on the Touchpad Driver icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.
    • Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    If still the issue persist then I suggest you to go to the manufacturer’s website download the touchpad drivers and install it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

After install fresh Win10 keyboard and touchpad not working

1. After install fresh Win10 keyboard and touchpad not working - Similar Threads - install fresh Win10

2. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation: My windows 10 didn't start after update so i deleted and reinstalled windows 10 but after installing my touchpad and keyboard not working properly Touchpad problem: when i start laptop, touchpad doesn't work and i have to logout user and after login touchpad works fine but...
  3. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation: My windows 10 didn't start after update so i deleted and reinstalled windows 10 but after installing my touchpad and keyboard not working properly Touchpad problem: when i start laptop, touchpad doesn't work and i have to logout user and after login touchpad works fine but...
  4. Touchpad and keyboard not working properly after windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows store not working after fresh install of Win10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows store not working after fresh install of Win10: As the title suggests, the windows store app is no longer functioning and does not show up in any of my troubleshooting steps. I can physically see the tile in the windows start menu, but nothing happens when I click it does not show up in the apps & features listI've tried...
  6. Touchpad and Keyboard not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad and Keyboard not working after update: I need help with my HP envy x360 laptop, it seems that everytime there is an update my touchpad and keyboard stop working. Last time I had this issue I had to take it to a repair shop and they had to reset my whole computer and I lost all my files. This time I backed up my...
  7. Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install: Do you need to install now the drivers from the motherboard manufacturers website or the Win10 install them by itself? I mean for example chipset drivers submitted by /u/MrGohut [link] [comments]...
  8. Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Win10 Install, backspace stops working: I finally upgraded to win 10 and my computer is running very smoothly except for an issue with my backspace button, it doesn't work. It doesn't work on the keyboard plugged into my pc, it doesn't work on my Bluetooth keyboard, it doesn't work on my onscreen keyboard....
  9. Keyboard not working after install of Win10 FeatureUpdate 1903

Keyboard not working after install of Win10 FeatureUpdate 1903: Keyboard not working after install of Win10 FeatureUpdate 1903 Hallo there, I have installed the FU1903 on my HP Z600 WS and since then I'm not able to log in into the system, since the Keyboard is not working at the moment I need to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del to get into the...
  10. Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update

Keyboard & touchpad disabled after Win10 update: Laptop - ASUS U57A BBL4 Updated Win10 to Version 1607, build 14393.1066 Running: Advanced System Care, Bitdefender, & Malwarebytes External USB mouse Everything was functioning properly before the update. I've been running Win10 since it was released. After the update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fresh win10 install touchpad not working

2. after fresh instal of windows touchpad not working

3. acer one 1 touchpad not working win 10 1903