Windows 10: after install may update system randomly locks up how to stop?

Discus and support after install may update system randomly locks up how to stop? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have older lappy a hp Probook 6555b after i installed the may 2019 update it randomly locks up any way to stop this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tjm19633, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Tjm19633 Win User

after install may update system randomly locks up how to stop?

i have older lappy a hp Probook 6555b after i installed the may 2019 update it randomly locks up any way to stop this?

:)

Tjm19633, Oct 18, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Random lock up, in DESPERATE need of help.

Lock ups can be caused by overheating, or sound failure.

Make sure you update your chipset drivers for audio. Also tell me step by step of how you install your heatsink.

Hybrid_theory, Oct 18, 2019
  4. after install may update system randomly locks up how to stop?

Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

after install may update system randomly locks up how to stop?

1. after install may update system randomly locks up how to stop? - Similar Threads - install may update

2. system information pops up after lock screen how do i stop that

in Windows 10 Customization
    system information pops up after lock screen how do i stop that: system information pops up after lock screen how do i stop that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information-pops-up-after-lock-screen-how/b7d1c30f-a8d9-4211-a68e-7c1efece464d
  3. Random lockups after installing the new Windows 10 May 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random lockups after installing the new Windows 10 May 2004 update: Ever since I upgraded to the new Windows 10 May 2020 2004 update my computer locks up at random the mouse is the only thing still able to move and the clock seems to be still working. My computer's new and it's also doing this on my other computer ever since I upgraded to...
  4. Cortana Stopped Working after "May update"

in Cortana
    Cortana Stopped Working after "May update": I kept getting prompts about last chance for May update. I performed the update and have lost Cortana. She will open sometimes but NEVER responds since I did this update. I have performed all troubleshooting. Can I uninstall this "May update". I was much happier with...
  5. After an update my system keeps locking up

After an update my system keeps locking up: After an update my computer keeps hard locking and the screen goes black, I know how to remove the update, but honestly I use my PC as an alarm and although it hasn't happened yet I could just not get up in the morning for work because of this. Before the update I could...
  6. System Lock Ups

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Lock Ups: Been trying to troubleshoot this for a while now. Occasional system lock ups, happens mostly when gaming, but has also happened while web browsing. Complete freeze, have to hard reset (no alt-f4, no task manager,etc). Things I have tried: Have run multiple memtest86+...
  7. Computer random lock ups after fall update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer random lock ups after fall update: I've checked the event log and it doesn't tell me enough. Here are the errors from the last crash: Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 11/6/2017 9:45:35 AMEvent ID: 41Task Category: (63)Level: CriticalKeywords: (70368744177664),(2)User:...
  8. Multiple Random System Lock-Ups requiring Hard-Reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Multiple Random System Lock-Ups requiring Hard-Reset: Hello, I'm new to the forums so thank you in advance to anyone who is willing to help me try and resolve my issues. I recently built the PC I am currently experiencing this issue on. I have built several gaming PC's in the past, but never have I experienced any...
  9. System lock ups randomly.

in Windows 10 Support
    System lock ups randomly.: Ok, I have done everything I know how to do and am completely at a loss now. My pc consist of the following parts: CPU:6700k GPU: EVGA 980 TI SC. MB Asus Z170PRO RAM 16gb DDR4 SSD/HDD: Samsung 840 Pro 512 - WD Black Edition 2TB. Temps on the pc are amazing they idle...
  10. Locking up on update installation

Locking up on update installation: Hey, I have a Samsung laptop running windows 8.1 which I am trying to update to Windows 10. The update downloads fine, installs as it should and then reboots my machine as if it wants to start into Windows 10 for the first time. The problem I face is that the machine...