Windows 10: After install windows 10 start menu not working

Discus and support After install windows 10 start menu not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Goodmorning, Windows 10 Start Menu & Cortana not Working with left click,, my start menu dont work , calender not work, and search button not work,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by n291168, Sep 9, 2015.

1. n291168 Win User

After install windows 10 start menu not working

Goodmorning,
    Windows 10 Start Menu & Cortana not Working with left click,, my start menu dont work , calender not work, and search button not work, search not work, notifie not work, volume not work, has you any parametrs to work? only work eit right click (parametrs) i has try few solutions but nothing doing.

i try

Method 1:
    Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
      sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:
    Check if the Application Identity is started and running.

• Open Run from Windows task manager as before.
    • Type SERVICES.MSC and hit enter.
    • Find Application Identity.
    • Right click on that and select Start.

If the issue still exists, refer to the following method.

Method 3:
    Run the following command in an elevated Command prompt and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
      ren %windir%\System32\AppLocker\Plugin*.* *.bak

but nothing.

Thanks

Nikos Tsaptsalis

:)

n291168, Sep 9, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Sep 9, 2015
  3. MedRoc Win User
    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly

After auto update to Windows 10 Anniversary update, start menu did not work. Using all of the mentioned solutions online did not work. I did not try creating new user account or resetting the PC.

The error (as shown in Start Menu troubleshooter) : "Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost" and "Microsoft.Windows.Cortana" applications need to be installed correctly

After reading the solution here:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-start-menu-not-working-after/222939d5-c1e5-423c-991d-497a65d564d1
    , I tried installing NVIDIA driver!!

It worked!

The solution was updating NVIDIA driver. Manually download and install NVIDIA driver update. After install, restart the PC.

MedRoc, Sep 9, 2015
  4. rog860 Win User

I had a similar problem and I eventually managed to clear it. I don't know if this will work for you but this is what I did, so maybe worth a try,

I did CTRL-ALT-DEL and loaded Task Manager. I then clicked 'Start Up' tab and disabled some software programs including my AntiVirus software. I think I then did a shutdown and reloaded my laptop and the error was still there.

I did CTRL-ALT-DEL again and clicked the power button on the bottom right of screen and selected 'Restart'. My laptop then started to install a windows update which I asssume was pending. After it reached 100% my laptop self restarted and my Start menu was back. I then re-enabled all the apps I had disabled in the 'Start Up'.

It may have been a fluke but this was all I did and the problem cleared itself.

rog860, Sep 9, 2015
  5. mrtee Win User
    I have a question my store app will not open keeps on closing out everytime I click on the app any solution thx

mrtee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. After install windows 10 start menu not working - Similar Threads - install start menu

2. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu not working: Hello,For the past couple months, we have been having issues with start menu not working for some users. The issue would start randomly. The also affects Outlook and teams. Both applications would disconnect. The only thing that helps fix this issue is rebuilding user...
  3. Start menu not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu not working after Windows update: Okay, I know this issue has existed already but my Start menu stopped working after last night's update. My apps for work (Slack, Zoom) and Chrome are fine but I couldn't view the volume icons as well and everything in the task bar. I also got an error message when I attempt...
  4. Start menu not working after installing windows update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not working after installing windows update.: Start menu button on the taskbar and the physical button on my keyboard became unresponsive after installing the Cumulative update for Windows 10 build 2004 - KB4579311 OS Build 19041.572. After pressing the start menu a button a loading icon appears and nothing happens. What...
  5. Windows 10 start menu is not working

Windows 10 start menu is not working: Hi, I was recently installed version 2004 of Windows 10 and it was initially worked smoothly after two days I am getting unexpected error messages like temporary account will not work please sign out and sign in. And in regedit under windows NT I removed . bak file and...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu not working: I have had this problem for several months. My Windows Start menu doesn't work. I can't left or right click on it. I can't add any new users either. If I double click on a jpg file I get "class not registered". I frequently receive the message "HPUTSCH not working". I...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

Windows 10 Start Menu not working: I have had this problem for several months. My Windows Start menu doesn't work. I can't left or right click on it. I have tried the powershell command with no luck. I can't add any new users either. If I double click on a jpg file I get "class not registered". I...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu will not work

Windows 10 Start Menu will not work: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash Package Full Name:...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu will not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu will not work: My Windows 10 start menu will not work. My reliability monitor results are below and state that ShellExperienceHost.exe is crashing whenever I click on the start menu. I have tried using the system file checker using sfc /scan. Using DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Windows 10 start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu not working: my start button on windows 10 does not do anything and the edge icon is missing from taskbar. I have tried sfc / scanner in powershell and nothing different, please help. 29480