Windows 10: After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue...

Discus and support After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Although there is already a thread, I open a new one because I would like to give a more detailed description of the extremely annoying situation I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Skakner, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Skakner Win User

After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue...

Although there is already a thread, I open a new one because I would like to give a more detailed description of the extremely annoying situation I'm in.

About a month ago I switched from Win 7 to Win 10.
    My Win 7 system:
    SSD - Win 7 greek (Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128 Gb)
    HDD 1 - Win 7 eng
    HDD 2 storage
    HDD 3 storage
    HDD 4 storage

My Win 10 system:
    SSD 1 - Win 10 Home v.2004_greek (Samsung SSD 860 Evo 250 Gb) brand new
    SSD 2 - Win 10 Pro v.1909_eng (Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128 Gb)
    HDD 1 storage
    HDD 2 storage
    HDD 3 storage

The SSD 2 installation (the old SSD) worked and still works without problems. A boot-related problem occurred in SSD 1 installation (brand new disk), after two weeks of normal function. ''Preparing Automatic Repair'' appeared all of a sudden. After trying some things without success I decided to proceed to a clean installation of v.1909 (I had the, apparently wrong, impression that something happened after some Windows Updates in combination with the new v.2004).

So yesterday I made Secure Erase (with Samsung Magician) and clean installation of Win 10 Home v.1909.
    After 4-5 normal boots (yesterday), this morning a blue screen came out. The error: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue... NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM-01.png

I think that's the point where the whole thing seems too much of a coincidence.
    After restart, in the Advanced Options screen I chose Automatic repair but the spining circle kept stuck for about 15 min before I shut down the pc.

After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue... OIP.jpg

That's what happens now, every time I try to boot the SSD1, spining circle keeps stuck...

My next step was to try Repair with bootable USB. No success too.

After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue... 4.png

But things get worse...
    SSD 1 is no more accessible from the other disk's installation.

After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue... tyt.jpg

I can see it in the BIOS and in Disk Management though.

After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue... 2323.jpg

I wonder if it's time to start thinking about hardware. Maybe a defected disk (although brand new) or some kind of matching issue between the old motherboard and the new disk...
    What do you think?

:)

Skakner, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Mark7805 Win User

Issue with Windows 7 installing

On the second step of installing Windows 7 it just locks up and won't continue with installation. I talked to my friend in town (Urbklr on Techpowerup) and he believes it's my chipset. I can't get a hold of him to find out how I could update my bios and such.

Mark7805, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Aug 26, 2020
  4. After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue...

1. After installation and re-installation, boot issues continue... - Similar Threads - installation installation boot

2. OneDrive Re-Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Re-Installation Issues: My OneDrive app running in Windows 10 is used for syncing both private OneDrive folders as well as business account OneDrive folders. I have been experiencing syncing issues and decided to reinstall the app.But the application will not uninstall!! When I click unistall in Add...
  3. OneDrive Re-Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Re-Installation Issues: My OneDrive app running in Windows 10 is used for syncing both private OneDrive folders as well as business account OneDrive folders. I have been experiencing syncing issues and decided to reinstall the app.But the application will not uninstall!! When I click unistall in Add...
  4. OneDrive Re-Installation Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 continually re-installing itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 continually re-installing itself: Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro.User accepted upgrade to Win 11, but that broke printing Canon printer that in 11 reports as offline - that will need to be resolved but for another day.Chose Go Back to Windows 10 which worked fine. Within hours 11 d/l'd again and...
  6. Windows 11 continually re-installing itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 continually re-installing itself: Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro.User accepted upgrade to Win 11, but that broke printing Canon printer that in 11 reports as offline - that will need to be resolved but for another day.Chose Go Back to Windows 10 which worked fine. Within hours 11 d/l'd again and...
  7. Continuous Issue Occuring After Installing Updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuous Issue Occuring After Installing Updates.: Over the past 3 or so months I've been running into a persistant issue that is starting to become a bit of nuisance. About 3 months ago a Windows update was installed onto my computer which resulted in me being unable to use my mouse or keyboard at my login screen and such I...
  8. Windows not continuing after installation..

Windows not continuing after installation..: Hi. I am upgrading to Windows 10 from a Windows 7 and when everything installed, updates and everything it restarted, got the loading ring then the screen went black and nothings happening. If someone knows whats the problem please tell me. Thank you!...
  9. Minecraft Re-Installation Issue

Minecraft Re-Installation Issue: So I got Minecraft java on a prepaid card for my birthday like in 2011-2012. I used to play on a laptop and it worked fine. I then got a virus on said laptop and I stopped playing on it because on the virus. This laptop was factory reset to Windows 7 a few days ago by the...
  10. Continued issues after clean installing Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continued issues after clean installing Windows: I've had issue with my computer completely freezing after an update 4-6 weeks ago. I can work on it fine for a while then it will randomly freeze or just completely turn off. Sometimes when I plug in a USB device it will freeze as well, but mostly it is very random. I bought...