Windows 10: After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...

Discus and support After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5 to 10 minutes. Happens after each system start.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FriendlyGuy2k, Dec 28, 2019.

1. After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...

Hello,

After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5 to 10 minutes. Happens after each system start.

The mouse cursor is still visible.

The Task Manager can be called with the Keyboard shortcuts

and i can start with it processes like Mozilla or games.

Starting Explorer.exe does not work.

Uninstall or reinstall of GPU Drivers did not help

Uninstall of KB890830 does not work,

Recover windows to the last working point works.

Although there is lots of stuff on the system, it was formatted and reinstalled newly a couple of months ago.

Any Idea how this can be fixed?

Kind regards

System Specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903

Build Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

CPU IntelR CoreTM i7-4930K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 MHz, 6 Kerne, 12 logischer Prozessoren
    Mainboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC RAMPAGE IV FORMULA
    RAM 32,0 GB

GPU 2 x AMD Radeon RX 480

OS on SSD 77 GB Free

Die Sound-Funktion ist auf 200 Zeichen begrenzt
    Optionen : Geschichte : Feedback : DonateSchließen

:)

FriendlyGuy2k, Dec 28, 2019
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Dec 28, 2019
  3. 11/15/15 Windows 10 update KB890830 stuck at 5%

Hello Linda,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that Windows is unable to download the updates for KB890830.

Follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party applications to be causing the slow down.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Additionally, temporarily disable the Norton antivirus to see if it is affecting the download and install of Windows update.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily
    disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2

Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Now, to address issues with performance in Windows operating system, I suggest you to run the
    System Maintenance troubleshooter. and see if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on System Maintenance.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 28, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...

1. After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5... - Similar Threads - Installation Update KB890830

2. Taskbar not loading after a fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not loading after a fresh install: I was on Windows 11 Home, when all of a sudden, its display went black. I restarted the PC, it started the diagnosing PC and attempting repairs. It could not repair them... As on the internet, I clicked Advanced Options and then in the CMD, when I typed C:, it said the the...
  3. Taskbar not loading after a fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not loading after a fresh install: I was on Windows 11 Home, when all of a sudden, its display went black. I restarted the PC, it started the diagnosing PC and attempting repairs. It could not repair them... As on the internet, I clicked Advanced Options and then in the CMD, when I typed C:, it said the the...
  4. Taskbar takes 5 minutres to load

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar takes 5 minutres to load: Hi when i start up my pc and enter the password it takes 5 mins for the taskbar to load i can acces apps but it would say i have no internet connection till the task bar loads the task bar would load if i press enter rapidly i wanted to know if to do a fresh install of...
  5. Windows 10 Update prevents desktop and startbar from loading, task manager not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update prevents desktop and startbar from loading, task manager not loading: Hello all, I ran into an issue I haven't been able to fix. I ran an update to Windows last night and when I came back in the morning, my PC was unusable. I'm not very tech savvy, but the loop I'm experiencing is this: On startup, I get a black screen with a white cursor....
  6. Desktop and taskbar not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and taskbar not loading: When I booted my pc up this morning, I logged in and my desktop would not load my apps, and my taskbar wouldn't either. My taskbar also gives me a spinning cursor whenever I hover over it and I cannot navigate to or open any apps to fix this....
  7. After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...

After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...: Hello, After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5 to 10 minutes. Happens after each system start. The mouse cursor is still visible. The Task Manager can be called with the Keyboard shortcuts and i can start with it...
  8. After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...

After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5...: Hello, After Installation of Update KB890830: Desktop, Taskbar and Startbar load with a delay of 5 to 10 minutes. Happens after each system start. The mouse cursor is still visible. The Task Manager can be called with the Keyboard shortcuts and i can start with it...
  9. After updating KB890830, the BFE is disabled, with it the firewall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating KB890830, the BFE is disabled, with it the firewall: Hi! After updating KB890830, the BFE is disabled, with it the firewall. The computer is unavailable from the network. Solved only by reinstalling the system. Have a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb890830/26b77c0c-6949-425e-affd-3b9d6f25c79f
  10. Kb890830

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Kb890830: Hello, This KB890830 tool is updated and installed monthly on my computer. (I see it in the updates history). But how do I know it is running in the background ? In my previous crippled computer I used to download it monthly and run it manually. Answer will be appreciated...
Tags: