Windows 10: After installation of Windows Update Security Patch KB5014025, SkyDrive.exe stopped working...

Discus and support After installation of Windows Update Security Patch KB5014025, SkyDrive.exe stopped working... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the automatic Windows Update of the Microsoft Security Patch KB5014025 18 May 2022, SkyDrive.exe OneDrive stopped working. When I manually try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarcSt-Hilaire, May 27, 2022.

1. After installation of Windows Update Security Patch KB5014025, SkyDrive.exe stopped working...

After the automatic Windows Update of the Microsoft Security Patch KB5014025 18 May 2022, SkyDrive.exe OneDrive stopped working. When I manually try to restart it, it briefly appears on my notification area and shows an error, saying to update Windows, that my last Windows update was done on 31/12/1969 19:00. Right after this message, SkyDrive.exe exits. Obviously, I have run Windows Update, and had already installed all mandatory packages. It appears to me that the Windows Upate install date is corrupted, or whatever mechanism SkyDrive.exe uses to access it. Would you have a way to solve

:)

MarcSt-Hilaire, May 27, 2022

2. Windows 7 Ultimate (64) Security updates not installing.

I have been having problems in installing the updates that I have listed below. For each update I attempted to install them individually but they would not install. I also downloaded the SURT 6.1 KB947821 v27. The problem has been going on now for about 2 months. (whenever the issue with the updates comes to mind I am never near my pc). Thank you in advance.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2838727)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2757638)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2785220)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2790113)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813170)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2813430)
    Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2839894)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2726535)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2773072)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2786400)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2798162)
    Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2808679)

autigerfan, May 27, 2022
  3. suraswami Win User
    MS IE Vulnerability patch failure

Description of the security update for Internet Explorer: May 1, 2014

Known issues with this security update
    • Internet Explorer will crash if you try to install this security update on a Windows 7-based system that does not already have security update 2929437 installed. To avoid this issue, take either of the following actions:
      • Install security update 2929437, and then install security update 2964358. For more information about security update 2929437, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
        (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2929437/ )
        Description of the security update for Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: April 8, 2014
      • Install security update 2964444 instead of security update 2964358. Security update 2964444 is intended for systems that do not have security update 2929437 installed.

suraswami, May 27, 2022
  4. RadeRad Win User

After installation of Windows Update Security Patch KB5014025, SkyDrive.exe stopped working...

Windows 10 - Sound stopped working after KB3093266 patch install.

Hello,

Let me prefix this with - I genuinely like Windows 10.

I successfully upgraded to Windows 10 when the upgrade came available in mid-Summer, but after Cumulative patch KB3093266 was installed on 10/1/2015, my speakers stopped working following the reboot.

• My PC is a Mac MINI, Win10 is on a Boot Camp partition, and has been functional for quite some time.
      • I like the small form-factor of the hardware / hate the Mac OS.
      • The underlying Mac OS is up to date on patches.
    • The speakers are USB-powered
      • When I boot on OS-X, the speakers work fine.
      • When I boot on Windows 10, no sound (though there is an occasional blip of static if I unplug / plug in the speakers - meaning the speakers are getting the USB power just fine)
    • I backed out the security patch, rebooted, the sound did not recover (community recommendation).
    • I modified the memory size, the sound did not recover (community recommendation).
    • I disabled / uninstalled the sound drivers for my speakers and re-enabled / downloaded fresh drivers, no recovery (community recommendation).
    • I have been trying to create a new system backup, but interestingly, that has also stopped working.
    There are over 10 pages of blogs on this community related to sound problems; many related to post Win10 upgrades and/or laptops. One or two are similar (I followed the problem determination steps in each to no avail).

It's as if there is some disconnect between what is generating the sound and what is playing the sound.

The final option is a complete restore of this partition, but then I will lose the applications I have installed, and that is just a non-starter for me at the moment.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have exhausted my Problem Determination skills short of a complete rebuild.

Thank you,

Rade

RadeRad, May 27, 2022
Thema:

After installation of Windows Update Security Patch KB5014025, SkyDrive.exe stopped working...

1. After installation of Windows Update Security Patch KB5014025, SkyDrive.exe stopped working... - Similar Threads - installation Update Security

2. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  3. After installation of Windows Update Security Patch KB5014025, SkyDrive.exe stopped working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installation of Windows Update Security Patch KB5014025, SkyDrive.exe stopped working...: After the automatic Windows Update of the Microsoft Security Patch KB5014025 18 May 2022, SkyDrive.exe OneDrive stopped working. When I manually try to restart it, it briefly appears on my notification area and shows an error, saying to update Windows, that my last Windows...
  4. Dot Net based application stopped working after updating the patch KB5009546

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dot Net based application stopped working after updating the patch KB5009546: Dear Sir,On Microsoft Windows 2016 server, after installing the security patch KB5009546 our .Net based web application is getting slow and sometimes it is not responding. Having multiple issuesPlease help me to resolve the issues.RegardsAmit Kumar Yadav...
  5. Skype stop responding after patch update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype stop responding after patch update: Skype has stopped responding after a latest Windows 10 patch update. KB5007189 OS Build 18362.1916, I have reinstalled Office 365 but the same error. Do you have a fix for this? Is Skype being extracted from Office now?...
  6. Skype stop responding after patch update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype stop responding after patch update: Skype has stopped responding after a latest Windows 10 patch update. KB5007189 OS Build 18362.1916, I have reinstalled Office 365 but the same error. Do you have a fix for this? Is Skype being extracted from Office now?...
  7. Security Patch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Patch: Hi All, How to download the KB4049411 and KB4033631 in Microsoft catalog? If we select "Check for Update" , these two patches are showing , but in Microsoft catalog mentioned KB's are not shown....
  8. Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security to stop tampering with an exe: There's an exe I need working properly. It's not a virus, I do some programming on the side If I have Windows Security's real time protection turned on, it deletes the file, when I'm trying to run it. I can run the .exe no problem with the real time protection turned off....
  9. after uninstalling a security patch, another patch install automatically

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after uninstalling a security patch, another patch install automatically: i'm using windows 10 with 1903 version. I installed one security patch KB4551762 to fix SMB issue, but due to some reason, I have to uninstall it the other day. after I uninstall it and reboot the system, then login the system as usual, then find there is any update installed...
  10. How to Stop Security Patch for Intel Processors

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Stop Security Patch for Intel Processors: I can't agree with performance loss and I don't want to update security patch for Intel Processors. I will reinstall Windows 10 on 1509 or 1607 version. Can you explain me how to avoid 1709 Update and Security Patch for Intel Processors. How many updates have and I would...