Windows 10: After installing 1909 content update, sound stopped working completely with Realtek driver

Discus and support After installing 1909 content update, sound stopped working completely with Realtek driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, After installing the 1909 content update, sound stopped working completely. As the system gets initialized, I hear several quiet thuds in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mateusz Lipowicz, Jan 5, 2020.

1. After installing 1909 content update, sound stopped working completely with Realtek driver

Hello,

After installing the 1909 content update, sound stopped working completely. As the system gets initialized, I hear several quiet thuds in the speakers, then the speakers are silent.

I use the MSI GL75 9SE laptop. It came with Realtek HD Audio driver installed.

Steps I tried until now:

1. Checked if the speakers aren't muted – they aren't.

2. Checked if the device driver works normally – it appears to be working except no sound.

3. Tried to test the speakers – "Failed to play sound test tone".

4. Tried to check the driver – it is shown as working fine except no sound.

5. Tried to run the troubleshooting tool – it wants me to restart, but this does nothing.

6. Tried to update the driver automatically – it did, but the latest version of the driver doesn't work too.

7. Tried to install the driver from the MSI website https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GL75-9SE#down-driver&Win10%2064 – had to uninstall the driver before Windows let me do that. Doesn't work.

8. Switched to the generic Windows drivers High Definition Audio Device – this kinda worked, as in – the sound returned. It sounds worse, though, and updating the driver automatically brings back the broken version.

Given that the speakers work with the default drivers and it happened just after the update, this doesn't seem like a hardware issue.

:)

Mateusz Lipowicz, Jan 5, 2020
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Boulonais Win User
    Sound is not working after 1909 update

It is really strange. I updated to 1909 as soon as the update was published (11/13/2019). All was working fine until today. I booted my computer and I had no sound at all. I have an ASUS UX550VD laptop with realtek audio HD.

I tried to install a newer driver, I tried to put the official ASUS driver for my laptop, nothing worked. Even by uninstalling the driver from add/remove software and block automatic driver installation, Windows reinstalled each time the Realtek driver with
    Windows Update.

The only solution is to force Windows to use the generic High Definition Audio Device from device management console.

Boulonais, Jan 5, 2020
  4. tiendat Win User

After installing 1909 content update, sound stopped working completely with Realtek driver

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown After installing 1909 content update, sound stopped working completely with Realtek driver :(.

tiendat, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

After installing 1909 content update, sound stopped working completely with Realtek driver

1. After installing 1909 content update, sound stopped working completely with Realtek driver - Similar Threads - installing 1909 content

2. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  3. No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio Drivers: I've been having issues with my front panel audio jack, but I recently got it to the point of detecting something being plugged in, but not playing audio. So I reinstalled my audio drivers. But now there's no sound from any of the audio jacks. Audio is shown as playing, but I...
  4. Regarding Sound Problem After The installation of Realtek Drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Sound Problem After The installation of Realtek Drivers.: I today reinstalled Windows 10 Home on my Oldest Laptop/Compbook:IBall Compbook Premio V2First the audio was working before the installation of drivers There was also a dummy audio playback option in ^, I dont know why? but then in Windows Update Option i updated Windows And...
  5. Regarding Sound Problem After The installation of Realtek Drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Sound Problem After The installation of Realtek Drivers.: I today reinstalled Windows 10 Home on my Oldest Laptop/Compbook:IBall Compbook Premio V2First the audio was working before the installation of drivers There was also a dummy audio playback option in ^, I dont know why? but then in Windows Update Option i updated Windows And...
  6. No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after updating Realtek Audio drivers: I had a problem with my headset Arctis 3 wherein when I plug it in, my laptop Acer Nitro 5, AN515-54 -- Windows 10 recognizes the device but still plays the audio on my speaker. I thought that my drivers were outdated so I tried installing a new one. I installed one from...
  7. Realtek Audio Console works after installing drivers and stops working after reboot with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio Console works after installing drivers and stops working after reboot with...: I've had problems with getting the Realtek Audio Console to work on my new laptop for a few months. Recently I found out, that if I reinstall the drivers by removing them, rebooting and installing them through Windows Update it works, and then the error "Can not connect to...
  8. Realtek sound effects and equalizer stopped working after Windows update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek sound effects and equalizer stopped working after Windows update.: Re-installing drivers doesn't work. How the fuck do I fix this? submitted by /u/TetrahedralEntity [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggyix3/realtek_sound_effects_and_equalizer_stopped/
  9. Sound is not working after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound is not working after 1909 update: Hello, the problem is there is an issue with sound after 1909 update. When trying to play test sound there is an error "Can't play test sound" and there is no sound in apps like browser and so on, besides Adobe Premiere that works with ASIO driver and only Premiere playing...
  10. No sound after installing Voicemeeter and Realtek drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after installing Voicemeeter and Realtek drivers.: I recently got a new microphone so I decided to download Voicemeeter to customize it. After downloading, the sound completely disappeared. I removed it and the sound came back, but I decided to reinstall it. The sound was gone again so I thought I would re-download the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod windows 1909 realtek

2. windows build 1909 asus microphone no sound

3. realtek driver not working windows 10 1909