Windows 10: After installing 20H2. Clicking 'Update and restart' just sits at 'Restarting...' indefinitely.

Discus and support After installing 20H2. Clicking 'Update and restart' just sits at 'Restarting...' indefinitely. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xXMadSupraXx [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xXMadSupraXx, Nov 12, 2020.

1. After installing 20H2. Clicking 'Update and restart' just sits at 'Restarting...' indefinitely.

/u/xXMadSupraXx, Nov 12, 2020
  2. lucasweir Win User

game install restart

every time i go to install a gmae my computer just restarts, i tried installing FEAR and Morrowind lol and they both restarted my comp soon as i clicked next

lucasweir, Nov 12, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    game install restart

Try checkdisk. might have hard drive issue's.

You could all so try removing that overclock too and putting your system at default.

AsRock, Nov 12, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

After installing 20H2. Clicking 'Update and restart' just sits at 'Restarting...' indefinitely.

Quick Tip: Easily Shutdown or Restart WITHOUT Installing Updates.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in the situation of needing to shutdown a computer quickly, but there are updates waiting to install. Previous to Windows 8 you could at least restart without being forced to install the updates, and if you are quick you could hit the power button when the computer begins to POST and the computer will turn off. With Windows 8, now even restarting forces you to install the updates. You could use the cmd and Shutdown.exe to shutdown the machine, but I'm getting old and try to avoid the command prompt as much as possible.

Anyway, the easy way I've found to Shutdown or Restart without being forced to install the updates is to hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and use the power button in the bottom right on the screen that comes up. For whatever reason, this power button is the only one I've found in Windows 7/8 that gives the option to Shutdown or Restart without installing the updates.

Thought I'd share.

newtekie1, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

After installing 20H2. Clicking 'Update and restart' just sits at 'Restarting...' indefinitely.

1. After installing 20H2. Clicking 'Update and restart' just sits at 'Restarting...' indefinitely. - Similar Threads - installing 20H2 Clicking

2. Windows update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update not installing after restart: So there is a Windows update labeled as "2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows Version Next for x64 KB5028949" that doesn't wanna install after I click on the restart button to finish the update. I've tried doing other things Windows...
  3. Windows update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update not installing after restart: So there is a Windows update labeled as "2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows Version Next for x64 KB5028949" that doesn't wanna install after I click on the restart button to finish the update. I've tried doing other things Windows...
  4. 22H2 update not installing after restart

22H2 update not installing after restart: My Windows 11 got the 22H2 update and I download it on my machine. The download process went smoothly and restarted my machine. The Windows waited for a long period of time and when its finally boot up it didn't update. I waste my time getting the 22H2 and now it is gone in...
  5. Updates are coming but not installing after restart

Updates are coming but not installing after restart: There is no error message but when I check the update history it is not installed. I run the update multiple times and Im seeing the same updates in my system. I have Windows 10 21h1 already and it is not out of date. I want to fix this update issue but I dont want to perform...
  6. Files Sits Back in Downloads after restart - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Sits Back in Downloads after restart - Windows 11: Hello All,I Delete my Downloads before shutting down my system. When I restart my system the next day. All my files are seen again. Infact, I do shift + delete inspite it happens. System hangs due to this. Its too slow because of this.Any work around?Quick response...
  7. Update 20h2 clean restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 20h2 clean restart: I updated my computer from Windows 10 version SDK 2004 to 20h2 and, to my surprise, I saw that all of my app info and storage--for the most part--was gone. I immediately downgraded to the version I had before and now everything is back to normal. Does the update require the...
  8. Stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update: Forgot to flair last post so it got deleted by mods After installing an ssd in my PC and reinstalling windows onto to it, I updated the new install to 20H2. Everything went smoothly, but the update will not complete and is stuck on pending restart, even after multiple...
  9. PC stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update.

PC stuck on pending restart after 20H2 update.: After installing an ssd and reinstalling windows to it, I updated the new install to 20H2. Everything went smoothly, but the update will not complete and is stuck on pending restart, even after multiple restarts and shutdowns. My only thought is that the update failed, or the...
  10. I just installed today’s update and after restarting this happened, I can’t click or do...

I just installed today’s update and after restarting this happened, I can’t click or do...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashox [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9buz6/i_just_installed_todays_update_and_after/