Windows 10: After installing Build 17730, Quicken crashes when launched

Discus and support After installing Build 17730, Quicken crashes when launched in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed build 17730 today (8/6/18) and since then Quicken crashes when I try to launch it. I've restarted my SP4 with no luck and then installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimMcS_54, Aug 6, 2018.

1. JimMcS_54 Win User

After installing Build 17730, Quicken crashes when launched

I installed build 17730 today (8/6/18) and since then Quicken crashes when I try to launch it. I've restarted my SP4 with no luck and then installed the Quicken Mondo Patch with no success although the Patch seems to have installed correctly.

:)

JimMcS_54, Aug 6, 2018

2. Error 0xe0424352 when launching quicken

Hi Van,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I would suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Try launching in Safe Mode

Boot the computer in safe mode and check if you receive the same error when launching Quicken.

Follow the steps given in the article below:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Method 2: Uninstall and Re-install

Try uninstalling and re-installing the program and check again.

Repair or remove programs

Once you have uninstalled the program, follow the steps provided in Quicken's website on how to install Quicken in clean boot state.

Install Quicken in Selective Startup Mode

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Error 0xe0424352 when launching quicken

Hi Van,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As suggested above, I would suggest you to try uninstalling and re-installing Quicken in compatibility mode by following the steps given above.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to contact Quicken Support for further assistance They will be able to guide you with this.

If you have any Windows related queries in the future, do let us know. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

Old Quicken cant be installed

It might run if you are really lucky but you usually need to install the program using the installer program. The steps here may fix it for you https://www.sevenforums.com/software...fessional.html

If all else fails, you can run a virtual machine for Windows XP or Vista within Windows 10 and run Quicken 2004 in that VM - you will need a licence for the old OS.

Steve C, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

1. After installing Build 17730, Quicken crashes when launched - Similar Threads - installing Build 17730

2. Can't install Quicken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Quicken.: I am getting errors trying to install Quicken on a new Dell Windows laptop. Quicken support told me to contact Microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-quicken/cc3fc919-d65e-4f8a-9c53-2eaa3bad0cf7
  3. Can't install Quicken.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Quicken.: I am getting errors trying to install Quicken on a new Dell Windows laptop. Quicken support told me to contact Microsoft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-quicken/cc3fc919-d65e-4f8a-9c53-2eaa3bad0cf7
  4. Can't install Quicken.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Installing Quicken 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Quicken 11: I have been using Quicken 11 on Windows 7 Pro. Have downloaded it to my new HP computer with Windows 10 Home and can't install it. have done the recommended run in compatability mode and still get Administrator has blocked access message. I am only user of computer and...
  6. Installation of Quicken Deluxe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Quicken Deluxe: I after I complete the installation of Quicken Deluxe the program will not open. I even disabled all firewalls and reinstalled and it still would not open. Quicken says this is a microsoft issue. How do I fix this issue?...
  7. Installing Quicken

Installing Quicken: I recently had my computer repaired and lost my Quicken software. I do still have the backup files. I purchased Quicken Home & Business 2019 and have attempted to install it, but I get a message that I need to uninstall the old version. There is no old version on my...
  8. Here’s what’s fixed and broken in Windows 10 build 17730

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s what’s fixed and broken in Windows 10 build 17730: Microsoft today released a new Windows 10 build 17730 for Fast Ring Insiders. The latest build comes with the full activation of Your Phone app for Insiders. You can read the full changelog of what’s new in our dedicated article here. As is always the case, there is a long...
  9. Quicken installation problems

Quicken installation problems: I recently built a new computer. Everything seems to be working great except for quicken. I am running quicken 2016 and I can not get it to update. As a result I can not log in and use it. Quicken has what they call a mundo patch to manually update the software. Even after I...
  10. Quicken 2014 not launching after 10586 update

Quicken 2014 not launching after 10586 update: Quicken 2014 was working fine after upgrade from W7 but after latest MS 10586 upgrade Q14 stopped launching, in regular mode I don't get any errors but under SAFE mode get the error loaded below. Troubleshooting so far: Safe Mode --Memory check [W10 built-in...