Windows 10: After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but...

Discus and support After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All the Windows 10 USB drivers are up to date. The HP usb printer was working before the Canon WiFi printer was installed on the Windows 10 computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by R MMM, Mar 29, 2020.

1. R MMM Win User

After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but...

All the Windows 10 USB drivers are up to date.

The HP usb printer was working before the Canon WiFi printer was installed on the Windows 10 computer. The Canon WiFi printer connects via the gateway and doesn't connect directly to the Windows 10 computer.

The HP usb printer works fine when attached to a Windows 7 PC.

All of HP troubleshooting options eventually suggest that it's a Microsoft problem, the driver for the HP LaserJet 1018 is a Microsoft driver and can't be downloaded and installed from any HP source.

Is there a solution?

:)

R MMM, Mar 29, 2020

2. Canon printer wifi trouble

yeah printers can be a bitch.i dont know if your on windows, or linux, or what else, but win 10 has many issues regarding printers, IME.
    A printer SHOULD be able to go into off mode, and Still be accessed by the devices that try to send print jobs to it, mine did on win7, but its been a pain in the ass since the windows 10 "downgrade".
    I recommend usb connecting if at all possible, it was the only way i got my HP to act "right", i tried wifi, usb to the the router, and finally usb to my main PC, the latter was the only permanent solution.the former being just a waste of time.

good luck, and welcome to TPU, please fill out your "system specs", to further assist others in the future by saving time by avoiding questions.

jboydgolfer, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Canon printer wifi trouble

Hey,

I installed my canon pixma mg3210 with the newest driver and I choose wifi connection.

Eveyrthing works fine until I turn off the printer then my laptop doesn't detect the printer anymore.
    Basically, the printer is offline.

DarkWhisper, Mar 29, 2020
  4. After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but...

usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but... :)

zarathustra2012, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but...

1. After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but... - Similar Threads - installing Canon WiFi

2. I can not install USB printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not install USB printer: Hello, Please help.I own Microsoft Surface ProX. I use windows 11 pro.I can not install my USB printers. One is Canon LBP600 and the other is HP LaserJetCP1025 color.When I try to install the drivers, I can choose the port and see the printer. But unfortunately, I can not...
  3. I can not install USB printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not install USB printer: Hello, Please help.I own Microsoft Surface ProX. I use windows 11 pro.I can not install my USB printers. One is Canon LBP600 and the other is HP LaserJetCP1025 color.When I try to install the drivers, I can choose the port and see the printer. But unfortunately, I can not...
  4. Can no install canon printer driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no install canon printer driver: Hi. Im trying to install the printer drivers for canon mf641cw. When i try to install them i get an error saying i need administrator rigthts to install. I have verified that i am the administrtor. I had Canon support to look at the problem, but they could not fix it. Any...
  5. Can no install canon printer driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no install canon printer driver: Hi. Im trying to install the printer drivers for canon mf641cw. When i try to install them i get an error saying i need administrator rigthts to install. I have verified that i am the administrtor. I had Canon support to look at the problem, but they could not fix it. Any...
  6. Can no install canon printer driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. my printer mfc7460dn is not found on usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my printer mfc7460dn is not found on usb: usb not working for printer mfc7460dn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-mfc7460dn-is-not-found-on-usb/6d00b704-5e4b-49d8-a6d3-ec54f7b381b4
  8. usb device as printer

usb device as printer: I am trying to connect an usb device zebra zp505 as printer. Windows printer addition can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-as-printer/901e6373-d460-4478-9df5-454fd7c7d03f
  9. USB PRINTER As Unspecified device,

USB PRINTER As Unspecified device,: Ive tried installing and uninstalling the driver many times, downloaded the most current from the manufacture but it does not work. Just trying to get my Wide format Printer to work . Any help would be appreciated. [IMG]...
  10. Asus laptop usb not connecting to Canon printer

Asus laptop usb not connecting to Canon printer: Canon pixma MG 3640 not connecting to laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-laptop-usb-not-connecting-to-canon-printer/5cc4469a-a46e-492f-9ddd-b6a310a606e1