Windows 10: After installing DCH graphics driver, sleep resume hangs

Discus and support After installing DCH graphics driver, sleep resume hangs in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; A week ago, I installed the newest Intel DCH driver for my OptiPlex 740 SFF 530 integrated graphics (1809 Professional x64). Now, when resuming from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Katanga, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Katanga Win User

After installing DCH graphics driver, sleep resume hangs

A week ago, I installed the newest Intel DCH driver for my OptiPlex 740 SFF 530 integrated graphics (1809 Professional x64). Now, when resuming from sleep, occasionally the system will hang (with the HDD activity light blinking). This did not occur until I upgraded the driver.

I have looked in the event log for obvious issues, but nothing shows.

Can anyone advise?

:)

Katanga, Jan 26, 2019

2. Cannot install Nvidia DCH Drivers

I used DDU to uninstall the Standard drivers while in Safe Mode. But the DCH driver installer still shows that my system is not compatible.

I did the same procedure for the Intel Graphics drivers and I was able to install the DCH drivers successfully.

VincentJoshuaET, Jan 26, 2019
  3. BrooksyX Win User
    Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Jan 26, 2019
  4. GWRay Win User

desktop hangs when resuming from sleep

Since upgrading to Win 10 from 8.1, Dell Inspiron 530 Desktop "hangs" when resuming from sleep.

Doesn't matter if I manually initiate sleep mode or if the power plan initiates sleep mode.

When in process of resuming from sleep the Computer Fan comes on and does not go off, monitors continue to appear sleeping.

Nothing else happens, the computer continues in this state until manually powered down.

I can't find anything in event viewer that indicates the cause.

Please advise.

Thank you.

GWRay, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. After installing DCH graphics driver, sleep resume hangs - Similar Threads - installing DCH graphics

2. Is it Safe to Install DCH Drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Install DCH Drivers?: My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 5 14ITL05. When I bought this laptop last November 23, 2021, the last driver version was 07/10/2021. I didn't made any update. It was the default version after I bought it. Now, I accidentally installed an app called "Intel Driver and Support...
  3. Is it Safe to Install DCH Drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Install DCH Drivers?: My laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 5 14ITL05. When I bought this laptop last November 23, 2021, the last driver version was 07/10/2021. I didn't made any update. It was the default version after I bought it. Now, I accidentally installed an app called "Intel Driver and Support...
  4. Is it Safe to Install DCH Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Pro OS Build 19042.1237 hangs after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro OS Build 19042.1237 hangs after resuming from sleep: Dear All,I had recently upgraded by Windows 10 Pro to build 1904.1237. However, now the Windows hangs a lot. After putting the system to sleep & then resuming it, the system freezes and any application takes a lot of time to run. I have googled some solutions, incl. turning...
  6. Windows hangs after installing a new graphics driver

Windows hangs after installing a new graphics driver: My Windows 10 pro Toshiba Satellite L360 - 170 System hangs after I installed an older version of display/graphics driver. Nothing in the system works except the mouse. I tried to uninstall the driver but it won't allow me to navigate into any windows or app? How can I change...
  7. Apps hang after resume from hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps hang after resume from hibernation: Apps that have files open over the network hang after a resume from hibernation, even though the server has been up the whole time. It might even affect apps that simply try to access the network over a connection that no longer exists, including possibly explorer....
  8. Intel® Graphics Control Panel in DCH driver

Intel® Graphics Control Panel in DCH driver: Hi, After I updated Windows 10 with 1809 version I lost access to Intel® Graphics Control Panel where I could disable auto screen brightness. I found out that version brings so called "DCH" drivers for Intel and the Control Panel was replaced with this app...
  9. After installing DCH graphics driver, sleep resume hangs

in Windows 10 Support
    After installing DCH graphics driver, sleep resume hangs: A week ago, I installed the newest Intel DCH driver for my OptiPlex 740 SFF 530 integrated graphics (1809 Professional x64). Now, when resuming from sleep, occasionally the system will hang (with the HDD activity light blinking). This did not occur until I upgraded the...
  10. Cannot install Nvidia DCH Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot install Nvidia DCH Drivers: I used DDU to uninstall the Standard drivers while in Safe Mode. But the DCH driver installer still shows that my system is not compatible. I did the same procedure for the Intel Graphics drivers and I was able to install the DCH drivers successfully. 123388