Windows 10: After installing drivers my screen went black

Discus and support After installing drivers my screen went black in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The issue appeared after Windows update and installation of Intel HD610 drivers. I tried to download a game and received flickers and the screen went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tiffany Smiths, Jan 20, 2019.

1. After installing drivers my screen went black

The issue appeared after Windows update and installation of Intel HD610 drivers. I tried to download a game and received flickers and the screen went black.

After that I did a lot: rebooted the system, started in safe mode, performed a clean boot, removed the Intel drivers (but they are automatically downloaded again), reinstalled Windows on the separate partition - I still see the blue power light on my monitor.

Samsung s24d330h

:)

Tiffany Smiths, Jan 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 20, 2019
  4. After installing drivers my screen went black

black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

After installing drivers my screen went black

1. After installing drivers my screen went black - Similar Threads - installing drivers screen

2. Black screen after installing GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing GPU drivers: Good day, it so happened that Windows crashed PC stopped starting in normal mode and could turn off at any time after repair, the problem was in the power supply , the contact was resoldered. After reinstalling Windows, I installed everything back, installed the GPU...
  3. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  4. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  5. Screen went black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen went black: I was updating my PC to Windows 11 whilst restart power got cut off. Now my PC just shows black screen what should I do? Sometimes it does go to Preparing Automatic Repair stage but nothing happens....
  6. Screen went black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen went black: I was updating my PC to Windows 11 whilst restart power got cut off. Now my PC just shows black screen what should I do? Sometimes it does go to Preparing Automatic Repair stage but nothing happens....
  7. Screen went black after installing Windows 10 theme

Screen went black after installing Windows 10 theme: I downloaded themes for Windows 10, then I selected one of them but the screen suddenly went black. How can I sort it out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-went-black-after-installing-windows-10/b8ba1b14-5ecb-425c-8245-f8ec6807c5e4
  8. My screen went black.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen went black.: The apps still show up, as does the task bar, but otherwise it is black https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-went-black/5be51158-9c1d-45cc-ac66-b6c072a8c4f5
  9. Black screen after installing driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after installing driver: Dear helpful people, On the weekend I eagerly put together my new PC. Progressed through the windows 10 installation smoothly, and proceeded to install drivers for all of my hardware and periferals. During the process my screen went black, and I assumed it to be resetting...
  10. After installing Windows 10, screen went black

After installing Windows 10, screen went black: After installing Windows 10 the screen of my PC went black. I can only use the Safe Mode and don’t know how to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-windows-10-screen-went-black/2246d081-5477-47fe-af9e-2de8ff0cefd4