Windows 10: After installing insider build, my computer is now unable to boot windows at all.

Discus and support After installing insider build, my computer is now unable to boot windows at all. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This morning I did the latest updates in Windows Insider Build, and it caused my computer to be unable to boot. It gives me an error saying windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArtDodger1, Mar 3, 2021.

1. After installing insider build, my computer is now unable to boot windows at all.

This morning I did the latest updates in Windows Insider Build, and it caused my computer to be unable to boot. It gives me an error saying windows insider build ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you. Then it lists error codes that are https://www,windows.com/stopcode and also says to give support person this info: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. So now after running all of the repair and doing system tests with the built in HP problem solving software, all tests say the system is operating normally. I tried to go through support and call the telephone number they gave me, but all are rabbitholes without any solutions, they just tell me they cannot help. My computer is dead now as far as booting windows, but still seems to be able to access the firmware from HP.

:)

ArtDodger1, Mar 3, 2021

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Unable to install latest insider preview build

Hi,

Currently I am on 14986 build and unable to install the latest build and keep getting the pop-up message to install the latest build. As I am trying to update the build but it's keep failing and getting error. Is there any direct link to download and install
    the latest insider preview build. Please give any suggestion to help me out.

vivek maurya, Mar 3, 2021
  4. After installing insider build, my computer is now unable to boot windows at all.

Windows Insider Builds: Cannot boot into Windows after 18298 Windows Update install fails

I hate "just don't do it" replies. They're not very helpful. Let's just tell everyone not to install 182XX builds then. Microsoft will love you for that.

I saw on another thread that 18305 is now available. I also saw that 18298 has been downloaded to my pc and is in a pending install state. I'm adjusting my active hours so it never installs. I want to know how to kill that pending install and go directly
    to 18305. Hopefully someone knowledgeable will be able to answer that. Thanks.

I'm posting this for anyone who faces a similar situation in the future, Now THIS was helpful--after following the steps below 18305 installed and I was able to boot successfully.

1. Go into Task Manager, Services tab and Stop the Windows Update service.
    2. Then delete the SoftwareDistribution folder
    3. and restart.
    4. It should then find the newer download for 18305.

creetisvan, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

After installing insider build, my computer is now unable to boot windows at all.

1. After installing insider build, my computer is now unable to boot windows at all. - Similar Threads - installing insider build

2. no internet after install insider build 23536

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no internet after install insider build 23536: no internet after installed insider build 23536 . no problem with cable. tried network reset. tried cmd commands. when cllick on website to go trouble shooting, say there is problem with ethernet driver. Tried uninstall and reinstall LAN driver from device manager, I tried...
  3. no internet after install insider build 23536

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no internet after install insider build 23536: no internet after installed insider build 23536 . no problem with cable. tried network reset. tried cmd commands. when cllick on website to go trouble shooting, say there is problem with ethernet driver. Tried uninstall and reinstall LAN driver from device manager, I tried...
  4. My computer is stuck on windows insider builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck on windows insider builds: I have joined the windows insider program last year, and I have now opted out and left. However my computer is now stuck on version 20H2 and it won't let me update to the latest version. I have also tried to factory reset but my computer also says there is a issue with...
  5. My computer is stuck on windows insider builds

My computer is stuck on windows insider builds: I have joined the windows insider program last year, and I have now opted out and left. However my computer is now stuck on version 20H2 and it won't let me update to the latest version. I have also tried to factory reset but my computer also says there is a issue with...
  6. My computer is stuck on windows insider builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Got "Problem with Insider Build" Now computer will not turn on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got "Problem with Insider Build" Now computer will not turn on: Ok. Since I updated forcibly overnight to the latest version of Windows 11, my computer wouldn't turn on. The backlight would go on for a second and then turn off. Then it worked when I plugged it into power. This happened again today. It came.up with a green screen and said...
  8. Got "Problem with Insider Build" Now computer will not turn on

Got "Problem with Insider Build" Now computer will not turn on: Ok. Since I updated forcibly overnight to the latest version of Windows 11, my computer wouldn't turn on. The backlight would go on for a second and then turn off. Then it worked when I plugged it into power. This happened again today. It came.up with a green screen and said...
  9. Unable to install Windows insider Dev Build

Unable to install Windows insider Dev Build: Hi, I've asked for help about this problem a few months ago. Nothing really helped. I have this problem since about 3-4 Months now. When I try to install The Dev Channel since version 195 restarts and then just errors out, restarts into the old OS and shows an error...
  10. Windows Insider Builds: Cannot boot into Windows after 18298 Windows Update install fails

Windows Insider Builds: Cannot boot into Windows after 18298 Windows Update install fails: Before I state my issue, why is it that I can't find a link for critical Insider build issues? If there is one I should be using then please point me to it. Last night Windows Update installed Windows 10 Insider Preview 18298.1000 (rs_prerelease). When I returned to my pc...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your windows insider ran into a problem and i cannot get into recovery environment