Windows 10: After installing KB5006670, I wasnt able to remote desktop connect to a windows 10 machine...

Discus and support After installing KB5006670, I wasnt able to remote desktop connect to a windows 10 machine... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After that update was installed, I could no longer "remote desktop" into an account that used a smart card to authenticate. I was able to connect to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Scire, Oct 13, 2021.

1. After installing KB5006670, I wasnt able to remote desktop connect to a windows 10 machine...

After that update was installed, I could no longer "remote desktop" into an account that used a smart card to authenticate. I was able to connect to a non-smart card account.. as soon as I removed this update, I was able to sign into the smart card account.. I reported this in feedback after I uninstalled this, but I am curious if anybody else saw a similar issue and whether there is a change i should make configuration-wise to get it to work.

:)

Daniel Scire, Oct 13, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Remote Desktop not working for my Windows/10 machine

I restored a computer to original Windows/10, set it to allow remote access, and still can't access it using Remote Desktop from another machine.

They are both network connected to the same wireless router.

I'm logged into the same Microsoft account on both.

I'm trying to access it using either computername or IP address - neither works.

I CAN successfully run TRACERT using either computername or IP address and both work.

Windows Firewall does not list an application named "Remote Desktop" (still doesn't connect even if I turn the firewall off).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

DaveFromNH, Oct 13, 2021
  4. RFT OB1 Win User

After installing KB5006670, I wasnt able to remote desktop connect to a windows 10 machine...

Remote Desktop Connection problem with Virtual Machine

We made the big mistake of configuring a WINDOWS-10 VM to allow for Remote Desktop Connections. We are unable to disassociate the VM from RDM. We can no longer access the VM!!! The following is the pertinenet
    information:

• Server is running Windows-10 Professional 64 with Hyper-V installed.
    • VM is Windows-10 Professional 64.
    • In VM allowed Remote Desktop Connections.
    • From server successfully connected to VM via RDM.
    • Closed RDM connection. Unable to access VM.
    • Turned off VM from Hyper-V Manager.
    • Attempted to restart VM, unable to connect via Hyper-V from message box the following is displayed:

Video Remoting was disconnected. The virtual maching is currently using the Remote X 3D video adapter. A user is currently connected via Remote Desktop Connect to the virtual machine by using Remote Desktop Connection.
    • Connected via Remote Desktop Connection. Attempted to turn off allowing Remote Desktop Connection. VM hung.
    • VM Wouldn't turn off via Hyper-V manager.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Unable to connect via console or RDM.
    • Shutdown host system and rebooted.
    • Deleted VM via Hyper-V Manager.
    • Restored VM system disk from backup prior to RDM usage.
    • Created new VM. the messages in itm 7 above are displayed.
    What can be done to recover? Why does Hyper-V retain a broken connection?

RFT OB1, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

After installing KB5006670, I wasnt able to remote desktop connect to a windows 10 machine...

1. After installing KB5006670, I wasnt able to remote desktop connect to a windows 10 machine... - Similar Threads - installing KB5006670 wasnt

2. Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.: I am attempting to remote into a desktop machine from a laptop.Both are running Windows 11 ProBoth use the same Microsoft accountBoth are on the same home networkWindows Firewall is set to allow Remote Desktop connectionsI have tried using the computer name as the connection...
  3. Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with Remote Desktop on Windows 11 - Unable to connect to remote machine.: I am attempting to remote into a desktop machine from a laptop.Both are running Windows 11 ProBoth use the same Microsoft accountBoth are on the same home networkWindows Firewall is set to allow Remote Desktop connectionsI have tried using the computer name as the connection...
  4. Remote machine requires restart before connecting using remote desktop connection before...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote machine requires restart before connecting using remote desktop connection before...: Hi All,I have remote machine which i am able to access from my laptop, sometimes i face issue accessing the machinewill get error like remote machine not connected in network or remote desktop is disabled.if i restart the remote machine it works fine. is this normal or some...
  5. Remote machine requires restart before connecting using remote desktop connection before...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote machine requires restart before connecting using remote desktop connection before...: Hi All,I have remote machine which i am able to access from my laptop, sometimes i face issue accessing the machinewill get error like remote machine not connected in network or remote desktop is disabled.if i restart the remote machine it works fine. is this normal or some...
  6. Remote machine requires restart before connecting using remote desktop connection before...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. After installing KB5006670, I wasnt able to remote desktop connect to a windows 10 machine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing KB5006670, I wasnt able to remote desktop connect to a windows 10 machine...: After that update was installed, I could no longer "remote desktop" into an account that used a smart card to authenticate. I was able to connect to a non-smart card account.. as soon as I removed this update, I was able to sign into the smart card account.. I reported this...
  8. After installing KB5006670, I wasnt able to remote desktop connect to a windows 10 machine...

in Windows 10 Customization
    After installing KB5006670, I wasnt able to remote desktop connect to a windows 10 machine...: After that update was installed, I could no longer "remote desktop" into an account that used a smart card to authenticate. I was able to connect to a non-smart card account.. as soon as I removed this update, I was able to sign into the smart card account.. I reported this...
  9. Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.: Hello, I am using mobile network hotspot to connect from my HomePC to a remote machine through VPN. I do not face any issues when I try to connect through Vodafone network where the speed is around just 8-9 Mbps but I could not connect through other networks like Three/EE...
  10. Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session: Hello, I have a rather strange issue. I have a windows 10 Pro machine where I have remote desktop enabled. I have been connecting to this machine from my other computers on the same network without any issues. I can also log into the computer locally as long as my remote...