Windows 10: After installing Malawarebytes WFC having Twitter issue with images

Discus and support After installing Malawarebytes WFC having Twitter issue with images in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since installing Malwarebytes Firewall Control on my I7-4770 Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, I do not get any photos displayed when I login to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by st3mm3r, Apr 11, 2019.

1. st3mm3r Win User

After installing Malawarebytes WFC having Twitter issue with images

Since installing Malwarebytes Firewall Control on my I7-4770 Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, I do not get any photos displayed when I login to my Twitter account. These are my photos, digital paintings, 3D renders I've uploaded. I do not see photos of other memebrs as well.

I can login to Twitter fine. However no photos or images display. I suspect it must be the cloud service that hosts photos for Twitter?

Again WFC is NOT stopping me from logging in. It just doesn't allow any images to be displayed. After logging in. If I turn WFC off everything is fine until the next time I login to twitter when WFC is on.

On Malwarebytes WFC I am using settings profiles Medium, Display notifications, rules Outbound (block). I do not have this issue with Facebook, flickr, zenfolio, instagram or any other website frequent. WFC is not blocking my access to my files shares on my Linux pc or Windows NAS. I can print to my wireless HP Printer.

Port 80 & 443 are open.

I checked my hosts file and no entries were added to my hosts file after installing WFC.

Prior to installing WFC I did not have this issue. I also installed WFC to a 2nd computer I5-2500, Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit. And I am having the same issue.

Twitter worked fine prior to install. After install I can login but photos do not display.

As well as two Windows 10 computers, I have an AMD 8320 running Windows 7 Home Premium. I have yet to install Malabytes WFC. As well as an Ubunto file server (Zorin 12). On Ubuntu I use the UFW/GUFW. I do not have this twitter issue on the Win 7 or Linux pc.

I suspect when I got a WFC notification about some ip trying to make an outbound connection, I must have blocked it. I did use IPVOID website to verify ip numbers as well as the various links IPVOID has to abuse lists, blocked lists to query if the ip number is listed.

:)

st3mm3r, Apr 11, 2019

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Windows 7.5 Twitter issue

The other thing to know of, AL90, is that Twitter contacts are filtered to be hidden by default. If you follow the steps in

this article
    , can you make sure Twitter is selected to show in contacts? From Start, go to App list, tap Settings, flick to Applications, and tap People. Tap Filter my contact list and make sure Twitter is "checked". Let us know...

Mike Mongeau, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Twitter App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if you are facing this issue with only Twitter app or other apps as well?

We will have to try few troubleshooting steps to further eliminate the root cause of the issue and check.

Method 1:

1. Try resetting store app,
      Press Windows + R
      key on your keyboard and type wsreset on the run window and hit enter.
    2. If you have not rebooted your computer after Windows update, reboot the computer once and check.

Method 1:

1. Right click on the start menu and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin) that will run PowerShell in admin mode.
    2. Disable any antivirus program, if you have any.
    3. Type Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers –Name *twitter* it will give you the information of the twitter app.
    4. Copy the PackageFullName
      e.g. (Microsoft.WindowsStore_11807.1001.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe) and save it on a notepad, the example on the bracket is for store app, you will have to copy for twitter app.
    5. Type Get-AppxPackage *twitter* | Remove-AppxPackage this will uninstall twitter app from the system.
    6. Reboot the system once.
    7. Open PowerShell again with step 1.
    8. Type in Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\< PackageFullName>\AppxManifest.xml" –DisableDevelopmentMode
    9. Replace <PackageFullName> with the name you have saved on step 4.
    10. Hit enter and let the installation complete.
    11. You can also install the app from Windows Store.

After the command is completed, you should be able to search for twitter app and use it from start menu.

Method 2:

1. You can also try to
      create a new user account
      and check if it works on the new user account.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

1. After installing Malawarebytes WFC having Twitter issue with images - Similar Threads - installing Malawarebytes WFC

2. Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update: I had Windows install 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305this morning.Took my PC 15 minutes to get to the sign-in screen.Then Windows wanted me to update my PIN because of security changes. I had to verify my email vie...
  3. Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone Else Have an Issues After Installing Update: I had Windows install 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305this morning.Took my PC 15 minutes to get to the sign-in screen.Then Windows wanted me to update my PIN because of security changes. I had to verify my email vie...
  4. WFC file share witness time out setting

WFC file share witness time out setting: I have a 2 node cluster with a file share witness. I was upgrading the file server which required a reboot. During the reboot the cluster failed over resources which were running on node 1. I checked the cluster event log and noticed the file share witness went offline, which...
  5. Searching for a download link to WFC 5.4.0

Searching for a download link to WFC 5.4.0: I have looked all over and would appreciate any help on locating a download link to Windows Firewall Control, version 5.4.0. That's the version before MalwareBytes bought it out and added telemetry to the program. Thanks folks! 168989
  6. Images not displaying - happens ONLY on twitter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Images not displaying - happens ONLY on twitter: [ATTACH] Hi there, I have an issue with twitter.com that has been bugging me for years now. To browse less twitter on mobile and more on desktop, I now finally want to tackle the issue. As the title says: Images are not loading on twitter.com. I have tried it with three...
  7. windows defender and malawarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender and malawarebytes: these two are a great combination and they work great together, been using them coming on two years now, what defender misses Malwarebytes gets the misses ....
  8. twitter

twitter: I have been trying t fix my twitter account for ever now and I'm not winning I have a twitter account and have now downloaded the app from the Microsoft store once done I try to log into my account it keeps giving me the msg client not permitted to perform this action I have...
  9. Twitter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Twitter: Hi, Twitter is no longer letting me post pics from lap top ? .... all other functionality is working ok. I get a Tweet not sent error message. Word only tweets, comments and likes and RTs ok.........
  10. Twitter

Twitter: If you have a Twitter Account you may want to change your Password. It may have been compromised. Twitter Support (@TwitterSupport) | Twitter [img] 109300

Users found this page by searching for:

1. client not permitted to perform this action message